If you don't want Watson on the Bears, you hate America

mecha

Liked Posts:
This is true. Jay Cutler got paid 100 million for stat padding in the 4th quarter

he also had some statistic for comeback wins too. now it all makes sense.

the OT win over the Vikings in 2009 was a great game. watching the Panthers decimate the Vikings was good too. if not for Bountygate(tm) they had a shot at winning the Super Bowl.

so what's the current status on Watson? I thought the Texans had no interest in trading him. if he pulls an Alshon Jeffery sad will he get his way then?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The Bears with a legitimate QB like Watson would be considerably better. Just last year, Watson probably is the difference in both games against New Orleans, the Titans game and that ridiculous loss to the Lions.

If Watson comes here, you can bet Robinson’s demands come back to reality too.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears with a legitimate QB like Watson would be considerably better. Just last year, Watson probably is the difference in both games against New Orleans, the Titans game and that ridiculous loss to the Lions.

If Watson comes here, you can bet Robinson’s demands come back to reality too.
Except one thing.. Watson isn't coming here.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
My favorite ones were the "Watson would be nothing without Hopkins" brigade.

Texans trade Hopkins, Watson has his best year yet.

Watson haters can't get out of their own way.
I think it was more “Texans would be nothing without Hopkins”. But yes, most people thought Watson wouldn’t be nothing without him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think it was more “Texans would be nothing without Hopkins”. But yes, most people thought Watson wouldn’t be nothing without him.

Nah. Plenty people said Watson would suck without Hopkins. No one here gave a shit about the Texans team itself. It was mostly 4M nuthuggers trying to justify Pace not taking Watson by pretending he was the byproduct of Hopkins.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Nah. Plenty people said Watson would suck without Hopkins. No one here gave a shit about the Texans team itself. It was mostly 4M nuthuggers trying to justify Pace not taking Watson by pretending he was the byproduct of Hopkins.
Well the Texans went from 10-6 with Hopkins to 4-12 without him and the Cardinals went 5-10-1 the year before getting Hopkins to 8-8 with him.
Something sounds fishy

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I know plenty of people said Watson would suck without Hopkins. Hence me saying “most people thought Watson wouldn’t be nothing without him” on my first post. But “I” think it should have been more of the Texans wouldn’t be nothing without him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well the Texans went from 10-6 with Hopkins to 4-12 without him and the Cardinals went 5-10-1 the year before getting Hopkins to 8-8 with him.
Something sounds fishy

Which has nothing to do with the point as again no one gave a shit about the Texans. They said Watson would suck not the Texans team. Watson was better.

Also Hopkins doesnt play D. The Texans scored more and had more yards without him. The D has given up more yards and 5 more points per game. Their record has nothing to do with Hopkins. If your O scores the same but your D gives up 5 more points then you will lose more games on average. This isnt rocket science.

Last edited:

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
That's my story and Imma stick to it

If the Bears get him, I'm get be pissed off and excited at the same time. Excited for obvious reasons, but pissed off because Pace is an idiot that will have ended up giving away a million picks just to get the QB you, @bearmick and I originally wanted him to take.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I know plenty of people said Watson would suck without Hopkins. Hence me saying “most people thought Watson wouldn’t be nothing without him” on my first post. But “I” think it should have been more of the Texans wouldn’t be nothing without him.

You are losing me with the double negative. Saying he wouldnt be nothing means he would be something.

Also Hopkins doesnt play D. The Texans scored more and had more yards without him. The D has given up more yards and 5 more points per game. Their record has nothing to do with Hopkins. If your O scores the same but your D gives up 5 more points then you will lose more games on average. This isnt rocket science.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You are losing me with the double negative. Saying he wouldnt be nothing means he would be something.

They scored 6 more points............how about score more points than the damn defense for a change and Hopkins would have score at least 6 more points himself?

Last edited:

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
If the Bears get him, I'm get be pissed off and excited at the same time. Excited for obvious reasons, but pissed off because Pace is an idiot that will have ended up giving away a million picks just to get the QB you, @bearmick and I originally wanted him to take.
I can’t say I wanted Watson before the draft, but I certainly know I didn’t want Trubisky and I certainly didn’t want to trade up for him or anybody for that matter.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They scored 6 more points............how about score more points than the damn defense for a change and Hopkins would have score at least 6 more points himself?

I have no idea what you are trying to say. The 2019 and 2020 Texans scored pretty much the same number of points. So the points scored did not change even though they lost Hopkins

Are you seriously trying to blame Watson for scoring the same amount of points despite losing his very best weapon? The expectation was that the offense would regress without Hopkins and yet Watson keep it afloat. The issue was the D.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I have no idea what you are trying to say. The 2019 and 2020 Texans scored pretty much the same number of points. So the points scored did not change even though they lost Hopkins

Are you seriously trying to blame Watson for scoring the same amount of points despite losing his very best weapon? The expectation was that the offense would regress without Hopkins and yet Watson keep it afloat. The issue was the D.

You need to pick you battles better. Or stop drinking.

Last edited: