If you don't want Watson on the Bears, you hate America

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
53 starts, 121 total TD, 36 ints, 104.5 passer rating. Has his best receiver taken away and proceeds to lead the league in passing and yards per attempt.

The only people saying they don't want him are those who wrongly predicted he'd be a mediocre NFL player during the 2017 draft threads and can't bring themselves to eat the buffet table of crow they deserve.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Look some people will never accept that Watson ended up being better than 4M and that they were 100% wrong about him. These are the people that claimed he threw too many Ints, or his velocity was too low or he was too short, etc.

Now it will be he costs too much, or he didnt win enough in Houston. Watson could come to the Bears and win a SB and these people will say he wasnt dominant enough in the win or the D carried him or it was because he had elite weapons.

It is what it is at this point.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I want him, but I don't think he wants us.

Also, I don't think getting him will change much the next few years. This team will be bad with him or without him. At least it will be more entertaining to watch going 7-9 for a few years while we wait for our draft picks to rebuild.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Gotta love Pace. If the Bears were to get Watson they likely would have to give up their 1st round pick this year, next year, and a couple of starters, at a minimum.

That's in addition to what they gave up in 2017 to get MT, their #3 pic, 2- 3rd rounders, and a 4th rounder, when they could have gotten Watson with one single pick, lololol.

And gotten him on a rookie contract. FFS.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
I want him, but I don't think he wants us.

Also, I don't think getting him will change much the next few years. This team will be bad with him or without him. At least it will be more entertaining to watch going 7-9 for a few years while we wait for our draft picks to rebuild.

"We"?

What position are you on the team?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Look some people will never accept that Watson ended up being better than 4M and that they were 100% wrong about him. These are the people that claimed he threw too many Ints, or his velocity was too low or he was too short, etc.

Now it will be he costs too much, or he didnt win enough in Houston. Watson could come to the Bears and win a SB and these people will say he wasnt dominant enough in the win or the D carried him or it was because he had elite weapons.

Watson is an excellent QB, my only gripe on him is that he can hold onto the ball too long at times that leads to sacks. If thats your biggest issue with a QB thats telling on how good he is.

I just have zero idea why he would wanna come here.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Gotta love Pace. If the Bears were to get Watson they likely would have to give up their 1st round pick this year, next year, and a couple of starters, at a minimum.

That's in addition to what they gave up in 2017 to get MT, their #3 pic, 2- 3rd rounders, and a 4th rounder, when they could have gotten Watson with one single pick, lololol.

We could have gotten any player pretty much ever for the most part.

Get over it. Mistakes in the draft happen a fuck ton in the NFL. If he gets Watson everything pace did prior to this is forgiven until he fucks this team again.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
It's not all down to Watson vs Mitch. There are a lot of clueless Bears fans who are stuck in the 1980s and simply don't value good quarterback play.

Don't value QB play? GTFOOH. They've never even taken a whiff of decent QB play.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
We could have gotten any player pretty much ever for the most part.

Get over it. Mistakes in the draft happen a fuck ton in the NFL. If he gets Watson everything pace did prior to this is forgiven until he fucks this team again.
The level of condescension in this post is only exceeded by its invalidity. Impressive.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Watson is an excellent QB, my only gripe on him is that he can hold onto the ball too long at times that leads to sacks. If thats your biggest issue with a QB thats telling on how good he is.

His passer rating when holding the ball for 2.5 seconds or more is 2nd in NFL at 113.2. So sure it can lead to sacks but it is worth it with him. By contrast 4M was 28th in those situations with a 73.2 rating. So I think some of your concern is the result of not being used to seeing the level of success Watson has when he does hold the ball.

Mind you his passer rating when he holds the ball for less than 2.5 seconds is almost the same at 112.5 but just 8th in NFL. Interestingly enough 4M was 10 in NFL at 108.6. So with Watson time in pocket doesnt matter as he will be successful regardless. With 4M he sucks balls if he has to sit in the pocket and think because something is not immediately open.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

My favorite ones were the "Watson would be nothing without Hopkins" brigade.

Texans trade Hopkins, Watson has his best year yet.

Watson haters can't get out of their own way.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite ones were the "Watson would be nothing without Hopkins" brigade.

Texans trade Hopkins, Watson has his best year yet.

Watson haters can't get out of their own way.

Yeah I forgot about them. It is just amazing how many delusionals you mind can invesnt to deny what your lying eyes see.

msadows

Liked Posts:
His passer rating when holding the ball for 2.5 seconds or more is 2nd in NFL at 113.2. So sure it can lead to sacks but it is worth it with him. By contrast 4M was 28th in those situations with a 73.2 rating. So I think some of your concern is the result of not being used to seeing the level of success Watson has when he does hold the ball.

Mind you his passer rating when he holds the ball for lesd than 2.5 seconds is almost the same at 112.5 but just 8th in NFL. Interestingly enough 4M was 10 in NFL at 108.6.
[/QUOTE]

Well aware. Passer rating doesn't account to killing drives due to a sack. I've seen him do that a ton.

Sure, obviously, he holds onto it for a reason because he wants to go for a bigger play. Just saying, it's basically the only thing I dislike about his game. It works out for him a lot, but it also makes him eat sacks a lot. In the regular season, sure, it's fine, but that could kill a few drives in a playoff game and be the deciding factor. Then again, it could lead to a big play. Double edged sword I guess.
'
He's taken a lot of strides since college and has become a lot better than even his draftnicks expected, I'm sure. If healthy and on the right team he'll be a top 5 QB in the league going forward.

Visionman

Liked Posts:

That and the fact he has a high chance of being injured. If he ever loses his mobility, he won’t be half the QB he is now.

Would he start to lose it in the 2-3 years (or more) it would take to build that contending team? Do you want to risk his health playing on a subpar team until then?

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The entirety of the scenario you just laid out, coupled with the fact that this QB pick was going to be the defining choice of Pace's tenure, and he doesn't even bother to talk to all the available candidates for the most important position on the the team is stunning. Only in an organization as inept as the Chicago Bears does that not get you sent packing immediately for gross incompetence.

msadows

Liked Posts:
That and the fact he has a high chance of being injured. If he ever loses his mobility, he won’t be half the QB he is now.

Would he start to lose it in the 2-3 years (or more) it would take to build that contending team? Do you want to risk his health playing on a subpar team until then?

Maybe, but maybe not.

He's really elusive in the pocket, almost a magician at times. He could still do that even if he gets older and loses a step. Tony Romo wasn't fast but he was elusive as fuck. I can see watson playing the same way when he slows down(He's not that fast anyways for a mobile QB)

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but maybe not.

He's really elusive in the pocket, almost a magician at times. He could still do that even if he gets older and loses a step. Tony Romo wasn't fast but he was elusive as fuck. I can see watson playing the same way when he slows down(He's not that fast anyways for a mobile QB)
Maybe, maybe not is exactly the issue. It’s a TON to give up for something that isn’t a sure thing.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well aware. Passer rating doesn't account to killing drives due to a sack. I've seen him do that a ton.

Sure, obviously, he holds onto it for a reason because he wants to go for a bigger play. Just saying, it's basically the only thing I dislike about his game. It works out for him a lot, but it also makes him eat sacks a lot. In the regular season, sure, it's fine, but that could kill a few drives in a playoff game and be the deciding factor. Then again, it could lead to a big play. Double edged sword I guess.
'
He's taken a lot of strides since college and has become a lot better than even his draftnicks expected, I'm sure. If healthy and on the right team he'll be a top 5 QB in the league going forward.

There is obviously a trade off but the point is it works out for him more often than not. If Mahomes didnt hold onto the ball then thr Chiefs lose the SB because the big plays that brought them back were plays were he held the ball too long waiting for something to open up. Like the play where he backed up for like 15 yards waiting for Hill to get open deep and with the D bearing down on him. Cpuld have taken a sack that kills the game but got rid of it in the nick of time.