If you had to pick right now

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Saints in New Orleans is scary, but I doubt they get home field advantage with Brees out so long.

Cowboys are the most well-rounded NFC team at the moment.

Saints have a cakewalk the next few weeks. Jags might be for real, might be an illusion. beyond them, the bears are the only real game.
They have the bucs twice, the faltering falcons twice, the cards, and the panthers.
They could very easily be 10-2 by the time they face the 9ers.

I sure wouldnt rule out the road to the super bowl going through new orleans based on that schedule.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
With Brees, the Saints are the best team in the NFC.

Until someone else separates themselves at the top of the north, I have to say the Packers since they've beaten the Bears and Vikings.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brees is going to be out awhile, and there's no way Brigewater wins several more games.

None of those teams look that impressive right now. If this offense can just be ok with Daniel....

Lol @ this. They just beat two straight playoff caliber teams back to back without Brees, and their schedule before his return gets easier.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Don't see how anyone can say Bears are better than Packers after week 1. Packers are better team until Bears beat them, luckily Bears have a chance to prove their metal week 15. If bears can get their offense right, though, they are easily in the NFC top tier. Looking how the O handles weeks 7,8,9; if they can put up meaningful production in those games then I'm sold they are the real deal. I'm skeptical that results put up against WAS and OAK will be repeatable, I need to see points against decent teams and so far I've only seen 3, 16, 16. If Bears can put up 20 ppg on real teams I think the sky is the limit though.

Reactions: DC

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't pick the Bears until they can consistently average over 300yds of offense a game. Have yet to hit that mark on the season(?]

Reactions: DC

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
People around here love to ignore context so they can create a false narrative,

The Bears are a defensive team. Quit expecting huge offensive numbers. They’re not built for that. They can’t be KC. They haven’t really been in a position the last 2 weeks to need to put up offensive numbers. GB and Denver were defensive battles where neither team was putting up much against good defenses. The last two games were blowouts where the defense dominated and it would have been stupid for the offense to be out there opening up the playbook, slinging it around the field. They spent the whole second half in both those games trying kill the clock and not do anything stupid because Minny and Washington weren’t going to move the ball (other than in garbage time) against the Bears D.

I guess the Bears should fall behind big next week and then when the Raiders get into prevent the Bears can put up some garbage time meaningless, empty stats. Daniel can get an extra 100 or so yards. And after a 27-20 loss we can celebrate 300 yards of offense.

Or maybe we can pretend we dont have a dominant defense we should be game planning around and we can pretend we’re the KC Chiefs or some team like that and rely on our high powered offense. Have Daniel throw the ball 40 times. Turn the ball over a few more times a game. They should do that because it makes sense with the D the Bears have. Who cares about what’s best or conducive to winning. We need arbitrary offensive numbers on top of the wins.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I agree with those saying NO w/ Brees. As far as the NFCN is concerned, I really don’t know.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Patriots will destroy them all. Just end the season and give them the trophy

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Who is the best team in both the NFCN and the NFC overall? I think the bears edge out the packers as the best team in the NFCN but there are a whopping 6 teams with tied with the Bears in the NFC. The Bears, Packers, Saints, Rams, Seahawks, and the Cowboys all have 3-1 record. Also worth mentioning the 49ers are currently 3-0 since they had a week 4 bye.

You left the Lions out?
They were one mistake away from being undefeated, and beaten the Eagles and KC. They’ve had the toughest schedule in the division. And only have one loss, barely against arguably the best team in the NFL.
I still need to see the Lions play the Bears, to make a decision.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Saints, pretty easily, but they are usually much different on the road (although that was a beat down of Seattle was impressive).

Cowboys are a lot like the Bears. It's tough to put stock in their offense's performance against MIA, WAS, and NYG, all terrible defenses.

I think the Bears provided the template for controlling the Rams' offense (lots of pressure up the middle, stop the run, move Goff off his spot), and their defense is just average.

I think SF will get exposed against decent competition.

I think GB is probably the second best, and I think the Lions are really solid as well, easily the most well-rounded team they've had in years.

If Philly gets healthy (and I'm not sure of their particulars) I still think they are the best team in the East.

Tampa is interesting.

I think the Lions will beat the Packers. Hard to place the Bears, with such an elite D, but such a terrible O. Without turnovers, which are hard to count on, the bears are going to have problems consistently scoring enough points to win tough games.

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
The media has tried to create this narrative that Patricia is incompetent and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Unfortunately for us he’s really been sticking it to them the last month or so.

The media will pretend they haven’t been trashing him though. They’ll just move on and pretend they weren’t after him and everyone will forget they spent the first two weeks of this season making him out to be a meathead idiot.

They did the same thing to Daniel Jones.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You left the Lions out?
They were one mistake away from being undefeated, and beaten the Eagles and KC. They’ve had the toughest schedule in the division. And only have one loss, barely against arguably the best team in the NFL.
Arizona dropped a pick 6 to beat them. As easy as it is to say that they’re one play away, they’re also another couple plays from 1-3.

I think they’re good but not that good.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Arizona dropped a pick 6 to beat them. As easy as it is to say that they’re one play away, they’re also another couple plays from 1-3.

I think they’re good but not that good.
And to be completely fair, the Bears are a play away from being 2-2.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
You left the Lions out?
Lions are a pretty good team and definitely a threat in the north. I was basing this off of record though.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The media has tried to create this narrative that Patricia is incompetent and doesn’t know what he’s doing. Unfortunately for us he’s really been sticking it to them the last month or so.

The media will pretend they haven’t been trashing him though. They’ll just move on and pretend they weren’t after him and everyone will forget they spent the first two weeks of this season making him out to be a meathead idiot.

They did the same thing to Daniel Jones.

Well, there is some truth to that. Matt P is doing a good job of building a foundation and changing the culture. He is a great coach Monday through Saturday. It's his Sunday coaching that is still a work in progress.