If you had to pick right now

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The hardest matchup is the Saints in the Superdome with Brees. Not even close. That's why it is so important to beat them in 3 weeks without Brees to better our chances of having home field over them.

We really have to get to 5-1 and take care of the teams we are better than. The Saints without Brees and at home should be a win.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
NFCN - Bears, Packers
NFC - Bears, Packers, Cowboys, Saints, Rams

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ, what fucking season are you watching?
Saints
BEARS
EAGLES
COWBOIs
Rams
Pickers

Lions beat Eagles. Eagles beat Packers. Packers beat Bears.

What season are you watching?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best balance meaning everyone is about equally average? Because the Bears have already faced better at all of these positions than the Lions have.

Not all at the same time.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Lions beat Eagles. Eagles beat Packers. Packers beat Bears.

What season are you watching?
If you can't see how things are going, I understand, you're a Lions fan. you must. Lions are fool's gold, Packets are exposed ....

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Are the Bears better than GB?

I dunno, as I said, it's hard to "place" the Bears right now. There combination of phenomenal D and pathetic O means they can win every game they are in, and lose it just as well.
Still think they’re better, the way they both played against the Vikes, gives the Bears an edge.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know this isn’t how this works. You’re kidding yourself if that’s your justification for having the Packers over the Bears.
Head to head is the only justification I need. You have to beat them to be better than them, if not it's just blatant homerism and what ifs.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
so if we are throwing the first game of the season out..........................

Bears

Denver
Washington
Minnesota

Lions

Chargers
Eagles
Chiefs

Can't have it both ways.

Never said we're throwing it out. Just common sense that says the season is fluid and teams evolve as the season progresses. Records don't always improve and there are injuries but better teams will begin to rise above the rest. Again, I'm not saying I share the same ranking opinion but it's a valid opinion based on what we;ve seen so far. You could argue this multiple ways but to say the Packers beat the Bears in week one so that makes them the better team is flawed. They beat the Bears in week one last season but you wouldn't find many who would say the Packer were a better team than the Bears in 2018.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you can't see how things are going, I understand, you're a Lions fan. you must. Lions are fool's gold, Packets are exposed ....

Packers where exposed by who? The Bears?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This team beat that team so there’s no way this other team can be ranked over that team when they beat the team who beat them a month ago. Sounds like the people who cry about ESPN power rankings.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Head to head is the only justification I need. You have to beat them to be better than them, if not it's just blatant homerism and what ifs.
I agree that the Packers have a leg up on the Bears to make the college football playoff.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It seems a bit disingenuous for Bears fans to write off the Lions because of their historical ineptitude, given our turn around just last season, when they’ve clearly shown they’re capable to at least play some of the best teams in the NFL tough. All 4 teams in this division are pretty good.
It is fair to write them off when Matt Stafford is their QB. Does anyone really trust him?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
But you didn’t say head to head. You tried to use transitive property which may work in a math class but not the NFL. Bucs just beat the Rams, and the Rams beat the Saints, so you’re taking the Bucs over the Saints Sunday I assume?

pablovi

Liked Posts:

So, the Bears lost to the Packers last year as well, on game one, were the Packers better than the Bears?

Are the Lions as good as the Cardinals this year?

Head to Head doesn’t mean anything, except maybe, who played better that day, and that’s even a maybe.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Never said we're throwing it out. Just common sense that says the season is fluid and teams evolve as the season progresses. Records don't always improve and there are injuries but better teams will begin to rise above the rest. Again, I'm not saying I share the same ranking opinion but it's a valid opinion based on what we;ve seen so far. You could argue this multiple ways but to say the Packers beat the Bears in week one so that makes them the better team is flawed. They beat the Bears in week one last season but you wouldn't find many who would say the Packer were a better team than the Bears in 2018.

Well, yeah, they did lose Aaron Rodgers. And yes, injuries are a MAJOR factor, they just haven't come into play just yet, with a few notable exceptions.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But you didn’t say head to head. You tried to use transitive property which may work in a math class but not the NFL. Bucs just beat the Rams, and the Rams beat the Saints, so you’re taking the Bucs over the Saints Sunday I assume?

Well, in all fairness there are multiple arguments ongoing in this thread.