If you had to pick right now

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People around here love to ignore context so they can create a false narrative,

The Bears are a defensive team. Quit expecting huge offensive numbers. They’re not built for that. They can’t be KC. They haven’t really been in a position the last 2 weeks to need to put up offensive numbers. GB and Denver were defensive battles where neither team was putting up much against good defenses. The last two games were blowouts where the defense dominated and it would have been stupid for the offense to be out there opening up the playbook, slinging it around the field. They spent the whole second half in both those games trying kill the clock and not do anything stupid because Minny and Washington weren’t going to move the ball (other than in garbage time) against the Bears D.

I guess the Bears should fall behind big next week and then when the Raiders get into prevent the Bears can put up some garbage time meaningless, empty stats. Daniel can get an extra 100 or so yards. And after a 27-20 loss we can celebrate 300 yards of offense.

Or maybe we can pretend we dont have a dominant defense we should be game planning around and we can pretend we’re the KC Chiefs or some team like that and rely on our high powered offense. Have Daniel throw the ball 40 times. Turn the ball over a few more times a game. They should do that because it makes sense with the D the Bears have. Who cares about what’s best or conducive to winning. We need arbitrary offensive numbers on top of the wins.
I mean, when the HC of the team was the OC of the Chiefs, you should expect your offense to at least put up average points.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Arizona dropped a pick 6 to beat them. As easy as it is to say that they’re one play away, they’re also another couple plays from 1-3.

I think they’re good but not that good.
They were also one play away from winning that KC game That goal line fumble was a 14 point swing. And that would have never happened if the Galloday catch would not have been overturned. With that said, they get better every week, and gave KC all they could handle while missing their number 1 CB, number 1 safety, two starting DL, and a QB that was playing hurt (and starting slot receiver). I will be curious to see what a healthy Lions team can do against GB, a team that the Bears lost to at home.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They are also one play away from winning that KC game That goal line fumble was a 14 point swing. And that would have never happened if the Galloday catch would not have been overturned. With that said, they get better every week, and gave KC all they could handle while missing there number 1 CB, number 1 saftey, to starting DL, and a QB that was playing hurt. I will be curious to see what a healthy Lions team can do against GB, a team that the Bears lost to at home.
And none of that changes the validity of my comment. They’re plays away from 4-0 and 1-3. Like I said last week, I remember when the 0-16 Lions were someone this play and that play from being 7-9.

I just don’t buy it, Lions fan. I’m sorry.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
They were also one play away from winning that KC game That goal line fumble was a 14 point swing. And that would have never happened if the Galloday catch would not have been overturned. With that said, they get better every week, and gave KC all they could handle while missing their number 1 CB, number 1 safety, two starting DL, and a QB that was playing hurt (and starting slot receiver). I will be curious to see what a healthy Lions team can do against GB, a team that the Bears lost to at home.
I know we’ve had our spats but please beat them. I hate that fucking team so much.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And none of that changes the validity of my comment. They’re plays away from 4-0 and 1-3. Like I said last week, I remember when the 0-16 Lions were someone this play and that play from being 7-9.

I just don’t buy it, Lions fan. I’m sorry.
That is a BS and tired argument that can be made to almost any team that played a close game, Bears included. Next time, don't bother.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
That is a BS and tired argument that can be made to almost any team that played a close game, Bears included. Next time, don't bother.
Uhhhh I wasn’t the one making the argument that they were a play from beating this team and that team. I was just saying that you could easily say the opposite. So ok?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the Lions and Bears most likely split. Although hard to tell what each team will look like on the injury front when they play.

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
How do you place a team that has beaten you 4 places below you?

Easy. We're taking about the first game of the season with starters who didn't play in the preseason. After 4 games and a common opponent you get a feel for the strength of each team. Not saying I completely agree with his ranking but the Packers certainly didn't dominate the Bears and I could easily see a repeat of last season where the Bears beat the Packers in the 2nd game.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Easy. We're taking about the first game of the season with starters who didn't play in the preseason. After 4 games and a common opponent you get a feel for the strength of each team. Not saying I completely agree with his ranking but the Packers certainly didn't dominate the Bears and I could easily see a repeat of last season where the Bears beat the Packers in the 2nd game.

so if we are throwing the first game of the season out..........................

Bears

Denver
Washington
Minnesota

Lions

Chargers
Eagles
Chiefs

Can't have it both ways.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
It seems a bit disingenuous for Bears fans to write off the Lions because of their historical ineptitude, given our turn around just last season, when they’ve clearly shown they’re capable to at least play some of the best teams in the NFL tough. All 4 teams in this division are pretty good.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Let’s see what they do against the Bears, which are better than GB, week one was just being rusty and having no offense. Like the Lions against the Cardinals.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let’s see what they do against the Bears, which are better than GB, week one was just being rusty and having no offense. Like the Lions against the Cardinals.

Are the Bears better than GB?

I dunno, as I said, it's hard to "place" the Bears right now. There combination of phenomenal D and pathetic O means they can win every game they are in, and lose it just as well.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
People around here love to ignore context so they can create a false narrative,

The Bears are a defensive team. Quit expecting huge offensive numbers. They’re not built for that. They can’t be KC. They haven’t really been in a position the last 2 weeks to need to put up offensive numbers. GB and Denver were defensive battles where neither team was putting up much against good defenses. The last two games were blowouts where the defense dominated and it would have been stupid for the offense to be out there opening up the playbook, slinging it around the field. They spent the whole second half in both those games trying kill the clock and not do anything stupid because Minny and Washington weren’t going to move the ball (other than in garbage time) against the Bears D.

I guess the Bears should fall behind big next week and then when the Raiders get into prevent the Bears can put up some garbage time meaningless, empty stats. Daniel can get an extra 100 or so yards. And after a 27-20 loss we can celebrate 300 yards of offense.

Or maybe we can pretend we dont have a dominant defense we should be game planning around and we can pretend we’re the KC Chiefs or some team like that and rely on our high powered offense. Have Daniel throw the ball 40 times. Turn the ball over a few more times a game. They should do that because it makes sense with the D the Bears have. Who cares about what’s best or conducive to winning. We need arbitrary offensive numbers on top of the wins.

The KC thing is a bit of a straw man. Of course they don't need to be the most prolific offense in the NFL, but eventually they're going to need to be decent. 16ppg might be enough to get by the Broncos and Vikings, but eventually (and likely in the playoffs) someone is going to score 24, 27, whatever points against them, and they're going to need an extra couple of gears of offense.

So far they haven't looked like they have these gears in their arsenal. Let's not pretend that these gears are there and they've just purposefully declined to use them in order to win these tight defensive battles. If they could, they would have put away the Packers and Broncos decisively. The Bears are tied for the lowest points in the NFC with the pathetic Redskins. The lack of offensive output should be a concern for any realistic fan.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think the Lions and Bears most likely split. Although hard to tell what each team will look like on the injury front when they play.

As non-homer as I am, I feel pretty good about sweeping the Lions. Don't see them scoring much against the Bears at all.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Jesus Christ, what fucking season are you watching?
Saints
BEARS
EAGLES
COWBOIs
Rams
Pickers

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They won't have to. And the Lions will bring the best balance of weapons the Bears have faced yet (RB/TE/WR/QB)

Best balance meaning everyone is about equally average? Because the Bears have already faced better at all of these positions than the Lions have.