Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nice counter points.

While true, Josh Roen and Ryan Fitzpatrick helped them out with a 4 INT game.

I don't want to hear that excuse. You can only play the teams on your schedule. The Bears were also benefactors in the turnovers category last season based on their schedule.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
While statistically speaking the Bears defense might not be the best unit in the NFL, my eyeballs tell me that we are watching something historic. HISTORIC.

Last edited:

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I don't want to hear that excuse. You can only play the teams on your schedule. The Bears were also benefactors in the turnovers category last season based on their schedule.
Not really an excuse, more of a fact. New England has been better at taking the ball away, and yet the Bears D is more dominant. That should tell you something.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
The only team MT would be a "starter" is the Bears.

Mitch would start on many teams other than the bears. You fail to realize Nagy needs a high efficiency passer to run his offense. In the NFL those are very hard to find. Teams run schemes on offense. They dont run traditional offenses.

I cant believe this has to be explained.

You play to your team and your QBs strengths not your playcalling geniuses.

If this defense weren't the best in the league would people be happy with Nagy? His playcalling? His lack of agression in playcalling?

I highly doubt it.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mitch would start on many teams other than the bears.
tenor.gif

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The only people that don't realize this are the ones that don't pay attention to the quarterback struggles and deficiencies of the entire league. Maybe watch more football?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Not really an excuse, more of a fact. New England has been better at taking the ball away, and yet the Bears D is more dominant. That should tell you something.

The Patriots defense just set an nfl record for most plays to open a season without allowing an offensive td. In fact, it was their first allowed since the AFC Championship.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Patriots defense just set an nfl record for most plays to open a season without allowing an offensive td. In fact, it was their first allowed since the AFC Championship.
Again, Big Ben, Josh Rosen / Ryan Fitzpatrick, Luke Falk, and Josh Allen. They’re a great defense but they’re not close to the Bears IMO.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The only people that don't realize this are the ones that don't pay attention to the quarterback struggles and deficiencies of the entire league. Maybe watch more football?
It's hilarious how many people exist in a vacuum. Clearly every other QB in the league never overthrows a receiver, never tosses an INT, never makes a bad decision, never has the advantage of a short field from a turnover, and throws 3-4 TDs every single game minimum.

I'm not saying Mitch doesn't need to improve in a lot of areas, he clearly does. But the lack of perspective and hyperbole amongst many Bears fans is pretty grating.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's hilarious how many people exist in a vacuum. Clearly every other QB in the league never overthrows a receiver, never tosses an INT, never makes a bad decision, never has the advantage of a short field from a turnover, and throws 3-4 TDs every single game minimum.

I'm not saying Mitch doesn't need to improve in a lot of areas, he clearly does. But the lack of perspective and hyperbole amongst many Bears fans is pretty grating.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I don't have a problem with people only watching their team and no one else. But don't then presume to be an authority on quarterback play because you've only watched your guy and the opponent on that week.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Again, Big Ben, Josh Rosen / Ryan Fitzpatrick, Luke Falk, and Josh Allen. They’re a great defense but they’re not close to the Bears IMO.
Right, compared to the murderers row of qbs the bears have faced.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I’m not saying they’re bad but people have been taking like it’s the 2018 team. Goff doesn’t look at good. He really hasn’t been as sharp since the Bears game
Agreed

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I watch enough. To say he would start on many teams is simply false. A handful at the absolute best. And are we talking about him starting over starters or the 1/3 of the league that are running backup QBs?

Are we counting the few young and developing QBs who need to play better? Are teams already gonna pull the plug on Murray, Haskins, etc for a guy who isn’t impressive after 30 games? You tell me to watch more football but I question if you watch the Bears if you think Mitch is starting on “many” teams.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let me put it his way. Assuming Mitch isn't re-signed by the Bears and he is still perfectly healthy going into free agency, there will be a handful of teams looking to sign him to start. Despite all of his struggles to date. That is just a fact. Whether you like it or not is none of my concern.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Again, my disagreement is saying he’d start on many teams. If people think 3-4 teams is many, more power to you.

Mitch is the #2 overall pick. There will always be a bunch of coaches who think they’re gonna be the guy to turn him into what he was drafted to be.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Right, compared to the murderers row of qbs the bears have faced.
Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins are not better than Roethlisberger, Rosen / Fitzpatrick, Luke Fucking Falk, and Josh Allen? Give me a break. Both are top 15 QBs according to most and one is universally considered top 5.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

Dude your the type of guy who looks at your own QB but never recognizes the lack of elite talent in the nfl.

So many players dont fit into nagys offense. Jackson looked so great. Not so much anymore. Dak looked great. Not so much yesterday. Cousins? Winston? Cam lasted 3 years. Carr? Bridgewater? RG3? Flacco 'n 4?

Seriously so many guys flash but never really sustain success..

You let your emotions cloud your judgement.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Two teams for sure would be...Wash, and Miami, BUT not saying he'd remain the starter.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Aaron Rodgers and Kirk Cousins are not better than Roethlisberger, Rosen / Fitzpatrick, Luke Fucking Falk, and Josh Allen? Give me a break. Both are top 15 QBs according to most and one is universally considered top 5.
It is ridiculously hilarious how hard your trying here. The bears have yet to go a game where they haven't allowed a td. The Patriots set an nfl record. That's 100 years. They went almost five games without an offensive td, including the sb. Let's not pretend the patriots defense isn't pretty fucking good. Remember, this started because you started the patriots wouldn't be considered talented without their offense.