If you had to pick right now

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Pegger I don't have the faintest clue as to why you think the NFCN comes down to a single game matchup between Bears' weak rushing attack and the Packers' weak run defense. You do remember the Bears and Packers play 14 other games...right? Furthermore you just said that a fucking team that has a god damned 2 point differential has a much improved defense? What in the actual fuck are you talking about? 97 points for to 95 points against...get the fuck out of here.

Alright, let me expand on my response.

I think the two teams are fairly evenly matched, but constructed differently. Offensively I'd give the edge to the Packers having Rodgers and a better OL. I'd give the defensive edge to the Bears as they are a more complete group.

Knowing that the Packers won the first head to head matchup in Chicago does help them start the divisional race with a lead. I also feel the best way to beat the Packers is not something the Bears have shown to be good at (running the ball), so when they have their rematch on December 15th the matchup could favor the Pack again.

There is a lot of season left and things like injuries will play a huge role in each teams end result. This is just my opinion and shouldn't be look at as a decisive list that needs to be debated in great detail.

I will remind that I ranked the Packers at #2 and the Bears at #3, which means they are fairly close in my opinion. For my Lions comments my team played against them and I think they are a good group. I could be wrong, but it's just my thoughts.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lol, says not to mention qbs, then immediately talks about qbs. In the nfl by a sizable margin? Patriots are pretty fucking good. Bills, cowboys, Vikings all have really good defenses. And it's only because of the defense anyone could even make a case for the bears being one of the most talented rosters.
That’s usually how it is with most teams. Only because of the chiefs offense, patriots offense, and Saints offense could somebody make the case for any of those being the most talented roster.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm all ears for legitimate and logical reasoning for why the Bears aren't the cream of the crop in the NFCN. What you presented however was a load of shit. I frankly expect better out of you.
I guess I'm sorry that my opinion bruised some of your pussies?

Maybe this will help:

#1 NFCN - DA BEARS!!!
#1 NFC - DA BEARS!!!
#1 NFL - DA BEARS!!!

tenor.gif

I hope my shameless pandering to this specific message board has made a few of you a bit happier today.

Yeah. That is what I said. Right. And you're telling me to do drugs? Say stupid shit and expect for people to go

Ed4LdEW.jpg

Your 2nd statement was less nonsensical but even still all you're doing is pointing towards a potential matchup for the division crown in the 2nd game against the Packers at Lambeau. There are 14 other games played by the Bears and Packers. Of which this analysis means nothing towards.

So again I say, present me with a logical argument why the Bears aren't the cream of the division and I'm still all ears about it. Because I see the weakness in my team while also seeing the weakness in the other teams in our division. I'm not seeing a hell of a lot giving one team an edge over another in the season long race for the crown.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Alright, let me expand on my response.

I think the two teams are fairly evenly matched, but constructed differently. Offensively I'd give the edge to the Packers having Rodgers and a better OL. I'd give the defensive edge to the Bears as they are a more complete group.

Knowing that the Packers won the first head to head matchup in Chicago does help them start the divisional race with a lead. I also feel the best way to beat the Packers is not something the Bears have shown to be good at (running the ball), so when they have their rematch on December 15th the matchup could favor the Pack again.

There is a lot of season left and things like injuries will play a huge role in each teams end result. This is just my opinion and shouldn't be look at as a decisive list that needs to be debated in great detail.

I will remind that I ranked the Packers at #2 and the Bears at #3, which means they are fairly close in my opinion. For my Lions comments my team played against them and I think they are a good group. I could be wrong, but it's just my thoughts.

I would only say, a defensive edge is a massive understatement. The last 3 games teams have ran all over Packers. Bears have shut down everyone.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So tell me again, how having the most points scored in the division has led to being beneath the team that has scored the least amount of points in the division. Since, you know, you need to score points to win games.

lol, boy you got me there, a whole whopping 1/2 game ahead, while playing a much easier schedule (to date).

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
lol, boy you got me there, a whole whopping 1/2 game ahead, while playing a much easier schedule (to date).

Wake me up when your team has the fortitude to be down 7 starters and still dominate the Vikings in primetime. Oh, and on a short week after dominating on Monday night.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Wake me up when your team has the fortitude to be down 7 starters and still dominate the Vikings in primetime. Oh, and on a short week after dominating on Monday night.
Hey, they gave the Chiefs all they could handle. Show some respect to the rebuilding since 1957 Detroit Lions.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
More should be said of the Eagles...you know, the team that got away with a playoff win in Chicago last year. Their physical offensive line can nullify the effects of the Bears pass rush (strength vs. strength), while their weak secondary matches up against the Bears weak passing game. They are the team the Bears least want to face in the playoffs.

The team the Patriots would least want to see in the SB are the Bears. They would be the last defense Tom Brady wants to face.

The Saints are being overrated right now. It wasn't that special to hold the Cowboys offense to 10 points (Cowboys are overrated, poorly coached, and had yet to face a solid team), and concerns over Drew Brees' decline at the end of last season are still real. They also would never want to come to Soldier Field to play a playoff game (dome teams historically struggle on the road in the playoffs, 12-44 overall), although this may be of no concern since they play in an easier division and are more likely to have a better record than the Bears. A playoff game in New Orleans would be the next worst case scenario for the Bears as their offense would be more prone to mistakes and turnovers.

It's pretty bad luck the Bears would have had to go through both the Eagles and Saints at home to get to the SB last season. Then again, they were a FG away from going to LA and showing the Rams that they still can't play physical football.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Oh come on, your running backs are nothing special, your tight ends suck, your O line is questionable at best. You have a very solid number 1 WR in Robinson, but the search party still hasn't found Miller (is he even still on your team?) Gabriel is ok.
- tight ends don't suck, Burton needs to get in the groove but he was really solid last year. Shaheen is a solid blocker (which is mostly what he's used for) and he's got pretty good hands so he catches most of his targets when he does get them.

- Javon Wims was big last game, and he's going to get used more going forward. Can't count him out.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Yeah. That is what I said. Right. And you're telling me to do drugs? Say stupid shit and expect for people to go

Ed4LdEW.jpg

Your 2nd statement was less nonsensical but even still all you're doing is pointing towards a potential matchup for the division crown in the 2nd game against the Packers at Lambeau. There are 14 other games played by the Bears and Packers. Of which this analysis means nothing towards.

So again I say, present me with a logical argument why the Bears aren't the cream of the division and I'm still all ears about it. Because I see the weakness in my team while also seeing the weakness in the other teams in our division. I'm not seeing a hell of a lot giving one team an edge over another in the season long race for the crown.
Okay.

RE: the gif I posted - It was meant in humor. I, being an Eagles fan, specifically used a gif of Pauly D, who was is a celebrity from Jersey Shore. Part of the 'wit' I like to bring typically involves a gif or two. I probably put more thought into them than I need too.

RE: the drugs reference - I was suggesting that you are a little to 'up tight' in your response. I was specifically thinking more of a pharmaceutical usage, but I suppose it would work for recreational drugs that help people be more relaxed (like weed). In my opinion you went straight to being hostile, which caught me off guard.

RE: "present me with a logical argument why the Bears aren't the cream of the division" - That's kind of hard to do. You obviously feel that the Bears are the cream of the division, so that's on you to articulate. I feel differently, so it feels weird just to make up an argument I don't feel is right just to prove it wrong? Maybe to flip it around if I asked you to prove to me that the Packers aren't the best team in the NFCN isn't that just me asking you to do all my work for me?

Anyway, let's focus on the Bears for a second. You have your backup QB in for what can be a fairly long period of time. The team may play better, but there was also a reason that Mitch was ranked ahead of Chase on the depth chart not to mention that Daniel has only started 4 games in 10 seasons. As great as your defense is, QB is an important position and I feel in Nagy's offense scheme and the general lack of a running game it will be hard to hide him. We'll see how it plays out, but that is one compelling argument why the Bears, in their own right, may not be the cream of the NFCN.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm all ears for legitimate and logical reasoning for why the Bears aren't the cream of the crop in the NFCN. What you presented however was a load of shit. I frankly expect better out of you.

I will say it again, your offense sucks. But your awfully proud of that Washington game aren't you? But yeah having your Qb throw for 231 yds will win you the SB if your defense can consistently hand them the ball inside your opponents 30. GLWT

Why should you be the "cream of the crop" when your only .500 in the division?

pablovi

Liked Posts:
That’s usually how it is with most teams. Only because of the chiefs offense, patriots offense, and Saints offense could somebody make the case for any of those being the most talented roster.
Patriots have the best D, so far this year. Points and yards against.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
1. Saints
2. Bears
3. Rams
4. Seahawks
5. Cowboys
6. Packers

Teams that lose to backup QBs dont belong in the conversation.

Rams, Saints, Seahawks, Bears. Are all near the same teams as far as talent.

But when brees gets healthy they have the edge.

Bears Defense needs to stay healthy. Nagy has no mind for inside run game. Also our offensive line looks putrid.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only team MT would be a "starter" is the Bears.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lol, it's clear you don't see anyone outside of the bears, so just stop.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Okay.

RE: the gif I posted - It was meant in humor. I, being an Eagles fan, specifically used a gif of Pauly D, who was is a celebrity from Jersey Shore. Part of the 'wit' I like to bring typically involves a gif or two. I probably put more thought into them than I need too.

RE: the drugs reference - I was suggesting that you are a little to 'up tight' in your response. I was specifically thinking more of a pharmaceutical usage, but I suppose it would work for recreational drugs that help people be more relaxed (like weed). In my opinion you went straight to being hostile, which caught me off guard.

RE: "present me with a logical argument why the Bears aren't the cream of the division" - That's kind of hard to do. You obviously feel that the Bears are the cream of the division, so that's on you to articulate. I feel differently, so it feels weird just to make up an argument I don't feel is right just to prove it wrong? Maybe to flip it around if I asked you to prove to me that the Packers aren't the best team in the NFCN isn't that just me asking you to do all my work for me?

Anyway, let's focus on the Bears for a second. You have your backup QB in for what can be a fairly long period of time. The team may play better, but there was also a reason that Mitch was ranked ahead of Chase on the depth chart not to mention that Daniel has only started 4 games in 10 seasons. As great as your defense is, QB is an important position and I feel in Nagy's offense scheme and the general lack of a running game it will be hard to hide him. We'll see how it plays out, but that is one compelling argument why the Bears, in their own right, may not be the cream of the NFCN.

To be clear, I am not convinced the Bears are the best team in the division. The Packers while struggling on offense have at least started to become more efficient on that side of the ball. So if Rodgers can chill the fuck out and mesh with his HC then they still pose a real threat in the division with their improved defense versus last year. So the moment the offense manages to catch up they will be better than last year and are holding a 3-1 record despite their offensive struggles.

The Vikings really do not impress me. I'm frankly sick and tired of hearing about the vaunted Vikings and how they were going to win the division last season despite everything pointing to them choking everything away. Now we again see the same storylines emerge early into the season. People still overrate the Vikings even when they get embarrassed on a national stage. They had a good run in 2017 (with a different quarterback) but that shit has fizzled out. Kirk Cousins isn't their savior. He is dragging them down but media don't want to admit it.

The Lions have been competitive in their contests but there is no avoiding the fact their defense has given up waaaaaaay too god damned much. For that alone I simply can't take them as serious contenders. If the pencil donning idiot up there manages to get so much as slight improvement from his defense than that can change. However until otherwise noted they are still the same old Lions. Victims of themselves.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Patriots have the best D, so far this year. Points and yards against.
I don’t think anybody’s D comes close to the Bears, but if you want to make the argument that NE’s is better we were talking about talent. The Bears certainly have more talent on defense than New England.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don’t think anybody’s D comes close to the Bears, but if you want to make the argument that NE’s is better we were talking about talent. The Bears certainly have more talent on defense than New England.

Dude, yes but you seriously have to give credit to the Patriots taking the ball away at a disgusting rate. They have 10 interceptions. 10.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The only team MT would be a "starter" is the Bears.
At least the Bears will get rid of him in another year. The Lions are dumb enough to keep Stafford after a decade of getting jack shit done. No one throws a game like good old bitch tits.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Lol, it's clear you don't see anyone outside of the bears, so just stop.
Nice counter points.
Dude, yes but you seriously have to give credit to the Patriots taking the ball away at a disgusting rate. They have 10 interceptions. 10.
While true, Josh Roen and Ryan Fitzpatrick helped them out with a 4 INT game.