Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
that's my point though. he was actually really really good, MVP level good. when you have a scoring first PG, he has to be really really good to get away with that kind of basketball. he isn't anymore is the problem, and now those shortcomings are even more exposed.
I guess so. The only scoring PG led teams to get to the Finals were those where the scoring PG was MVP level good, often times the actual MVP of that season. Rose is likely never hitting close to that level again, so we're kinda screwed regardless of if he gets 8 assists or not.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Personally, I don't want to see Rose averaging a bunch of assists. I think he's at his best when he's in attack mode and getting 6-8 assists per night. That's not to say that's the magic recipe, but he's obviously better scoring points than he is at being John Stockton. I'd be happy if he ended the year averaging 6 APG which is still do-able. I predicted 20 and 6 for him before the season and the eye injury really messed that up.
I agree with this as many of Rose's assists are generated by collapsing the defense with his drives and creating open looks that way. 20 and 6 by season's end would be great, though I doubt he'll actually average that for the year with his craptastic start. But if he gets around there the month before the playoffs I'd take it.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I agree with this as many of Rose's assists are generated by collapsing the defense with his drives and creating open looks that way. 20 and 6 by season's end would be great, though I doubt he'll actually average that for the year with his craptastic start. But if he gets around there the month before the playoffs I'd take it.

absolutely. if rose were to avg 20 points 6 assists 4 rebounds with 2.5 turnovers pg the rest of the way this season on 45 - 50% shooting, id say we have a realistic chance at making it to the finals assuming good health as well

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

yeah I don't see him getting there after his start to the season. But if he's there or close to it from New Years until the end, I'll count it just the same.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you want Rose to defer to Jimmy or not? It seems the more Rose asserts himself the more some people complain. Tell me im wrong.

No doubt Rose is still confident in his game. I find it funny that some people even find that offensive.
The only thing I find offensive is my favorite NBA team overpaying somebody who is not playing up to what his contract is for. If you think Rose is worth another max deal, that's on you - but all of his numbers as an aggregate suggest otherwise.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The only thing I find offensive is my favorite NBA team overpaying somebody who is not playing up to what his contract is for. If you think Rose is worth another max deal, that's on you - but all of his numbers as an aggregate suggest otherwise.
With NBA inflation I don't know what Rose would be worth on his next deal at this point, but no where near a max deal. Probably about 60% of that if we're being realistic.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
With NBA inflation I don't know what Rose would be worth on his next deal at this point, but no where near a max deal. Probably about 60% of that if we're being realistic.

5 years $70 million, team option for a 5th year. Don't like it? Try getting that money from another team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
5 years $70 million, team option for a 5th year. Don't like it? Try getting that money from another team.

exactly....id be hesitant as hell to offer him more than 3 years though if any contract at all with his injury history and decline in play when actually out there

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
exactly....id be hesitant as hell to offer him more than 3 years though if any contract at all with his injury history and decline in play when actually out there
And I'm being very generous with the amount. If I were really paying him based on production it'd be around 5/$33million.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
And I'm being very generous with the amount. If I were really paying him based on production it'd be around 5/$33million.

im with you completely. if you gave someone all of his numbers for the last 4 years but didn't say who it was....just listed it as "player A" for example, I doubt many if any would give rose more than that per year.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
im with you completely. if you gave someone all of his numbers for the last 4 years but didn't say who it was....just listed it as "player A" for example, I doubt many if any would give rose more than that per year.
Especially if you consider games played during that stretch as well. If you just listed the last 4 seasons he played you also get his post MVP year which will then beg the question of wtf happened to that guy? All things that hurt his case for more money.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
So Derrick Rose should make less than Tristan Thompson? Good luck with that.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
He's still signed for another year. This discussion will be a lot easier to have after that year is up. As of now I wouldn't commit one way or the other to re-signing him. That is based solely on what he does over the next season and a half.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

another teams mistake to overpay has no bearing on what the bulls should give rose

Enasic

Liked Posts:

Tristan Thompson shouldn't make as much as Tristan Thompson. Luckily, LeBron runs the show in Cleveland and put the pressure on them to sign him to a contract he frankly doesn't deserve.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tristan Thompson shouldn't make as much as Tristan Thompson. Luckily, LeBron runs the show in Cleveland and put the pressure on them to sign him to a contract he frankly doesn't deserve.
All of this

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Here's a thing about Rose. We talk a lot about him deferring to Jimmy, we've mentioned how it's either Jimmy or Rose, when one person has the ball the other one stands and watches, they don't really know how to play well together. But what kind of player complements Rose's play really? A pick and pop PF? I'm not sure who could offer a real 1-2 punch with him, instead of the 1 or 2 punch were getting now. I'm sure some coaching adjustments would have to happen, and I mean it took KD and Westbrook a while to really gel with each other, but KD and Westbrook are far better than Rose and Butler.

I don't know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk