Liked Posts:
Hawkins came up fucking huge down the stretch. Fuck OSU

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Rematch against Nebraska tomorrow unless Indiana somehow comes back.

I really only hate Michigan, Indiana in Big 10 basketball.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'll miss Howard. Michigan was bad under him and he produced some great drama
Can’t believe they made the S16 5 years in a row. To be honest, some reporter said he was fired because of the white media. He didn’t say that

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Can’t believe they made the S16 5 years in a row. To be honest, some reporter said he was fired because of the white media. He didn’t say that
I don’t want to make this a racial thing by any means, but while I very much agree that there are black coaches, particularly in the NFL, not getting as many opportunities, the same people who cry that more black coaches should be hired, literally never feel that they should be fired.

Lovey Smith, Brian Flores, Marv, Lewis. It literally does not matter what their results are if they ever get fired at the same rate, in which white coaches get fired, there’s always media saying they were treated unfairly.

How many coaches survive an 8-24 season finishing four games out of 13th place in the conference? I really don’t think skin color enters into it.

Illinois went down the tubes under Weber, struggled mightily under Jon Groce, and never reached those depths, and I wanted those guys fired long before they were fired. Nobody was saying that those two were treated unfairly when they were let go.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Back to basketball: Nebraska is playing well but I think Illinois should be able to beat them today and get to the Big Ten championship.

Shannon scored again and Dainja looked good last night but very few others did, and they were still able to advance, so that’s a good thing. Hopefully Domask finds his shot and they win today. He missed several shots within six feet of the rim.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Broken indeed.

The funny thing is, during football season when conferences have a chance to make the playoff, the favorite gets major benefit from the refs. But in conference basketball tournaments, they sometimes wanna boost more conference teams into the field.

But since both of these teams are safely in, they will once again favor the favorite.

I think more than anything it has just been Zach Edie getting special treatment for three years. He throws elbows and knocks people out of the following game and still doesn’t get called for a foul

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Broken indeed.

The funny thing is, during football season when conferences have a chance to make the playoff, the favorite gets major benefit from the refs. But in conference basketball tournaments, they sometimes wanna boost more conference teams into the field.

But since both of these teams are safely in, they will once again favor the favorite.

I think more than anything it has just been Zach Edie getting special treatment for three years. He throws elbows and knocks people out of the following game and still doesn’t get called for a foul
This type of reffing does not help the Big 10 in the big dance. It only hinders the conference.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Monster second half!!

Domask looked much better.
Ty Rogers played well.
And Shannon….wow!

With under three minutes to go in the half Nebraska had just 24 points after 51 in the first.

They finished with 36 in the second half but 12 of those came in the final three minutes.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Monster second half!!

Domask looked much better.
Ty Rogers played well.
And Shannon….wow!

With under three minutes to go in the half Nebraska had just 24 points after 51 in the first.

They finished with 36 in the second half but 12 of those came in the final three minutes.
Shannon with the big ten record!

40 and also had zero turnovers

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
This team is so much better when the players understand their roles.
Hawkins isn’t trying to be a PG or Ray Allen and instead focuses on defense & hustle plays for example.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looks like Auburn and sleazeball Pearl will win the SEC. Other than Michigan & Indiana, my other biggest hates are Pearl, Sampson, and UNC

alswank87

Liked Posts:
How often does a top two seed win the big ten without a single win over the season ending top 25 (AP and Coaches)?