Illini BB

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Not even the Packers complain that much.

If Illinois handles their lower seeded opponent in the opening NCAA round, they can defeat a 2 or 3 seed in the 2nd round if they can simply hit their shots. Just don't see them lighting it up consecutive games in a row.

This team could bust out in the first round but they also have the ability to make a F4 run. I'm excited to see what happens.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Looks like the Friday game will be around a 245pm (ish)start time if the prior game has no overtime

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's the big issue with Frazier losing his shot in conference. They need another scorer.
Is Adam Miller known as a shooter? or is he more of an Ayo type scorer? Illini need a 3point shooter in the worst way. I also assume Tevian will probably transfer out, so a scholarship has to be available for a transfer who can shoot.

Congrats to Kofi for winning FOY, and Ayo for first team all B1G

I have to say, I'm happy for Trent. He's been there all this time and this is his first NCAA Tournament appearance. Appreciate him sticking it out instead of bailing like Marc Smith

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Is Adam Miller known as a shooter? or is he more of an Ayo type scorer? Illini need a 3point shooter in the worst way. I also assume Tevian will probably transfer out, so a scholarship has to be available for a transfer who can shoot.

I have to say, I'm happy for Trent. He's been there all this time and this is his first NCAA Tournament appearance. Appreciate him sticking it out instead of bailing like Marc Smith
Miller is a shooter.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Just realized that the one link had his comparisons of Tinsley, Deron, and Antonio Daniels. Those 3 players are nothing alike

dennehy

Liked Posts:
His style of game reminds me of Cory Bradford, but left handed. Better athlete than Bradford but he's not a dominant run-jump athlete. I don't think he's a PG right now but he could be one in a couple years.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bradford would have been special but he put on way too much muscle over the course of his career. He was automatic from as a freshman and then never shot the same afterwards

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
just saw his highlights. He is a shooting guard...so why do people think he and Ayo couldn't play on the same team? Ayo plays the point

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Bradford would have been special but he put on way too much muscle over the course of his career. He was automatic from as a freshman and then never shot the same afterwards
Didn't he hurt his knee and lose some quickness?

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
I'm so pumped about Illini basketball for the first time in a long time. Feels like everything is finally falling into place for us.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Would suck to have to face Duke in Greensboro.

I think we can take them. Duke is vulnerable this year. And I've got a feeling our guys would be super pumped for that challenge.

I don't want to be in the Kansas bracket though.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Miller can shoot from all 3 levels and is more physically developed than many incoming Freshman.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
just saw his highlights. He is a shooting guard...so why do people think he and Ayo couldn't play on the same team? Ayo plays the point
Miller will play some PG. too. They can play on the same team. I mean...if Ayo wants to stay, Illinois is a Final Four caliber team next season, but that isn't going to happen.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
According to his wiki page, Bradford was playing international basketball last year

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What will next year's roster look like?

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Trent, Griffin, Kofi, Miller and Georgi are probably your starting 5. Damonte and Curbelo will lead the bench

Giorgii needs to stay on the bench. It's a better role for him, he doesnt get exposed as much. He could be develop into a great 6th man like Damir Krupajalia or Jack Ingram.