CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I've read plenty of studies about home field bias, but I've never heard of one that specifically says UI doesn't receive it.

I've been on UI message boards for almost 20 years, you'd think I'd have at least heard of this study. I am glad that they changed the crowd dynamic.
There's only 1 UI specific message board that has smart posters. Just FYI. I wish I could find that link. It was interesting.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
There's only 1 UI specific message board that has smart posters. Just FYI. I wish I could find that link. It was interesting.

Which one? I hope you won't say scout or loyalty.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
LOL. No to both. The only reason to have been on Scout was back when Zook was in town and his buddy Frangie posted there

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Illiniboard used to be busy as fuck back in the successful years. Completely died off starting with Weber's shitty years

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yeah the old Illiniboard was the best. I wound up mostly on the weird stepchild of it's last iteration, illinihq. Right when IB broke away from scout it was pretty busy, but it slowly became the refuge for people banned from Scout because they thought Weber sucked.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:

I may build a new one if I get the time. Would love to bring the old illiniboard back in some iteration. Loyalty is crap and Scout mods are known for power tripping. Jeremy does a good job on the premium board though if you are willing to pay a bit of money.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
The research has been done previously and there is plenty of data suggesting many B1G teams enjoy a home game referee bias. Unfortunately, Illinois has never been one of them. As for those refs, they work too many games a week and have no time to be critiqued on their actual job. It’s real that quite a few of them aren’t good, but it’s also real that very few of them go about their work wanting to be bad. The Big Ten has a lot of money flowing. They should consider refs doing fewer games and having time to look at the job they are doing, what they got right, what they got wrong and how they got it wrong.
Unfortunately if the Big Ten works a rough few were games those refs will just try to get additional work in another conference and still in the working as many games a week just not all in the Big Ten.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah the old Illiniboard was the best. I wound up mostly on the weird stepchild of it's last iteration, illinihq. Right when IB broke away from scout it was pretty busy, but it slowly became the refuge for people banned from Scout because they thought Weber sucked.
Illinihq has about six regulars. You can visit once every 18 months and still see the exact same posts and same conversation from the same people Dug in, sticking to their guns on some thing even after they’ve been proven wrong 1 million times

Last edited:

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Illinihq has about six regulars. You can visit once every 18 months and still see the exact same posts and same conversation from the same people Dug in, sticking to their guns on some thing even after they’ve been proven wrong 1 million times

IlliniHQ is no more

dennehy

Liked Posts:

I bet you had at least a few thousand posts there over at least five years. You were a semi-regular until pretty recently, and what led to you leaving was pretty funny iirc. . That was what, less than a year ago I bet.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Unfortunately if the Big Ten works a rough few were games those refs will just try to get additional work in another conference and still in the working as many games a week just not all in the Big Ten.
No they won’t. They get paid well. The number of games per week would be a requirement.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
DePud goes down to Providence 93-55. Brutal record in conference.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DePud goes down to Providence 93-55. Brutal record in conference.

When was the last time DePaul mattered? 2000 with Bobby Simmons & Imari Sawyer?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
When was the last time DePaul mattered? 2000 with Bobby Simmons & Imari Sawyer?
It's been a heckuva long time. I'm just dumbfounded how they did so well in non-con...beating Iowa...and they fell apart in conference.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I bet you had at least a few thousand posts there over at least five years. You were a semi-regular until pretty recently, and what led to you leaving was pretty funny iirc. . That was what, less than a year ago I bet.
I left when I realized nobody ever talked about games. It was a few posters claiming they never wrote what they wrote. No discussion of sports. Granted, Illinois was terrible in both, but there was way too much "Yes you did!", "No I didn't". And I regret that I fell into that. And here as well recently. No coincidence this board fell into that as the Illinihq folks come over.

But even here, I teased JJ about his nickname (that the person named doesn't use), and let it go on too long. It was a little teasing that became an unnecessary back and forth. Nobody needs to read all that .

I am not interested in seeing the childishness from the other board move over here. I want to actually read thoughts about games, recruiting, etc.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I left when I realized nobody ever talked about games. It was a few posters claiming they never wrote what they wrote. No discussion of sports. Granted, Illinois was terrible in both, but there was way too much "Yes you did!", "No I didn't". And I regret that I fell into that. And here as well recently. No coincidence this board fell into that as the Illinihq folks come over.

But even here, I teased JJ about his nickname (that the person named doesn't use), and let it go on too long. It was a little teasing that became an unnecessary back and forth. Nobody needs to read all that .

I am not interested in seeing the childishness from the other board move over here. I want to actually read thoughts about games, recruiting, etc.
There aren't any other HQ posters over here afaik. Who are they?

I thought there was some good bball discussion over there. At least compared to the other UI boards. There was also lots of infighting and such because the same guys were arguing with each other for a decade. It happens on every board.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Damn, nice game. When's the last time that Iowa-Illinois had good bball match ups? lol