CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Should be interesting to see how Lovies defensive philosophy translates at the college level, he does have some decent talent there. The front 4 for the D is a legitimate strength with Smoot projected as a 1st rnd pick in the 2017 draft. I hope he is successful.
D line is dedinitely a strngth this season. O line is somewhat thin. Im anxious ro see what McGee can come up with for the O.

The recruits they are signing already tells me that given time, the program will be much more competitive. These are good coaches and people who are good representatives of the University. I would want my kids to play for this coaching staff.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I obviously don't expect lopsided wins like this one, but it's nice to see a well-coached team doing what they are supposed to do. I didn't see a ton of mistakes and the team easily took care of an opponent they should have beaten well. I don't know if the talent is there to go bowling this year or not, but make no mistake that Lovie has hired a really good staff.

McGee called a really good game and Nickerson did a nice job with the D. Special Teams? Punter and coverage team looked good, except for a kid who got penalized a couple of times. Otherwise the PR took one to the end zone. FG/PK teams solid. We'll see how long they stick with Vaughn as starting RB. Both Foster and Corbin hit the hole more quickly and decisively today. Certainly that may just be something K needs to see on film. Overall, very pleased with the beginning of the Lovie Smith Era.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I can't see UNC losing to Illinois and going down 0-2 on the season, but Memorial Stadium and the surrounding area should be a rocking place next Saturday evening.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I can't see UNC losing to Illinois and going down 0-2 on the season, but Memorial Stadium and the surrounding area should be a rocking place next Saturday evening.

It's been some time, but I can't recall the stadium being even 75% full since Simeon Rice was on the team.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
It's been some time, but I can't recall the stadium being even 75% full since Simeon Rice was on the team.
They had 48000+ on Saturday. The Stadium only holds 60,500. Do the math. The stadium was packed in 1999 and 2000 (post Rice years. The scUM game in 2000 was standing room only. The year after the Zook-coached Williams/Mendenhall's team made the Rose Bowl, the stadium had plenty of fans, too.

DIA is having a country singer do a concert in Grange Grove before the game. The place will be very busy and GG is a great spot to hang out.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
They had 48000+ on Saturday. The Stadium only holds 60,500. Do the math. The stadium was packed in 1999 and 2000 (post Rice years. The scUM game in 2000 was standing room only. The year after the Zook-coached Williams/Mendenhall's team made the Rose Bowl, the stadium had plenty of fans, too.

DIA is having a country singer do a concert in Grange Grove before the game. The place will be very busy and GG is a great spot to hang out.
That's encouraging. The Rice years were awesome. Rice and Hardy wasn't a question of winning at home. It was how many first down the lesser talent would get.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
That's encouraging. The Rice years were awesome. Rice and Hardy wasn't a question of winning at home. It was how many first down the lesser talent would get.
Rice and Hardy were Tepper years. The program was on the decline after Mike White had built the program in the early 80's. Mackovic maintained it decently, but Tepper was a poor choice as HC.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's cute.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

79% capacity. So much for name recognition.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What happens tonight? I expect a win. They looked like a well coached team beating a team they should. Weather here is windy, very windy. Kicking should be fun. Wind tends to die down around 6-7. Doubt it tonight.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Don't know. Grange Grove was rocking! Memorial Stadium is going to be packed.

I say UNC by 10. 3 point game until late on 4th quarter. Illini are an upset pick though.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So NC is not strong on their O Line their starting guard is out and the tackles are said to not be real good pass blockers which plays right into the Illini's strength. So we'll see.