I'm tired

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You think it's just blocking right? He's also a great teammate, is a hard worker and knows the offense very well. He's also got a lot of speed and plays special teams. For a WR5/6, you can't reasonably ask for much better than him.
Ah the Ryan Poles character argument
You are well immersed in the Kool Aid. How about a guy with more upside?

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Ah the Ryan Poles character argument
You are well immersed in the Kool Aid. How about a guy with more upside?
How about acknowledging reality? The top 3 receivers are locked in. The next two are high-upside guys who have a combined one year of NFL experience. You need some vets who know how to fill the role in a pinch even if you know they're not that great.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Tired of hearing about how great the Bears skill position players block when they are bad at the more important things.

I'm tired of hearing about how great a blocker ESB is, I don't like that they signed Marcedes Lewis for his blocking. I don't need to hear about how great of a blocker Roschon Johnson is.

Greg Olsen was a horrible blocker and was traded away because he couldn't block. He then went on to become the first TE in the history of the NFL to have three straight 1,000 receiving yard seasons.

I'm sick of hearing the hype about blocking. Go out and do the other things that your position requires at a higher level.
ESB, Mercedes Lewis are specific players for the bottom of the roster. Every team has players like this that only excel in certain traits. No one here talks excessively about how great of a blocker ESB is. Lewis is a 3rd TE. ESB is the 5th/6th WR. Herbert is a one trick pony and his liabilities elsewhere tend to tip the play call to the defense.

TL;DR: quit being a baby and complaining about the 3rd string players. If you need a timeout for these next 2 weeks, please let us know.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe try eating a vegetable or a piece of fruit for once in your god damn life. Football.

Last edited:

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How about acknowledging reality? The top 3 receivers are locked in. The next two are high-upside guys who have a combined one year of NFL experience. You need some vets who know how to fill the role in a pinch even if you know they're not that great.
The top th
For a team built on the run game especially, blocking is a pretty important thing. You don't get the massive run plays without quality blocking on the perimeter.

Strange how you're so concerned with the WR5/6 and TE3 complaining about their blocking skills. It's almost like Kmet got a big extension due in part to his ability to catch the ball while Tonyan is the #2 based on his ability to catch the ball. Meanwhile we've got a 4th round rookie WR that presumably jumped ESB on the depth chart because of what he offers in the passing game along with last year's 3rd round pick as well.

It's like you're looking for the most miniscule of things to complain about so you have an excuse to complain about something. You do you.

You think Velus Jones Jr is better? Tyler Scott hasn't been heard from since the pads went on.

Mooney is now on the trade market.

Seriously it's like you don't even follow camp.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
You think Velus Jones Jr is better? Tyler Scott hasn't been heard from since the pads went on.

Mooney is now on the trade market.

Seriously it's like you don't even follow camp.
Since when is Mooney on the trade market?

And no, i don't put much stock into the barrage of training camp reports. There's no reason to.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At least put football into the reply with your insults

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Tired of hearing about how great the Bears skill position players block when they are bad at the more important things.

I'm tired of hearing about how great a blocker ESB is, I don't like that they signed Marcedes Lewis for his blocking. I don't need to hear about how great of a blocker Roschon Johnson is.

Greg Olsen was a horrible blocker and was traded away because he couldn't block. He then went on to become the first TE in the history of the NFL to have three straight 1,000 receiving yard seasons.

I'm sick of hearing the hype about blocking. Go out and do the other things that your position requires at a higher level.

We're tired of you making false claims and never taking accountability for those false claims. When confronted about those false claims, you just ignore or ghost that thread to create another new, equally dumb thread. 'NO EXCUSES' and all.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
We're tired of you making false claims and never taking accountability for those false claims. When confronted about those false claims, you just ignore or ghost that thread to create another new, equally dumb thread. 'NO EXCUSES' and all.
I attempted to engage with him multiple times talking football without even 1 time mentioning anything personal and he didn’t engage.

Just sad!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Oh. Because it's on twitter, it means it's true?

Edit to add: since you're really tapped in, could you give me more context to what this means? Does it mean Poles has been shopping Mooney? Does it mean one team called to inquire about Mooney given the status of both him and Claypool being free agents next year? And if so, did Poles listen to an offer or just kinda hang up the phone with no interest? That would help me understand the context here. Thanks.