I'm tired

msadows

Liked Posts:
Oh. Because it's on twitter, it means it's true?

Edit to add: since you're really tapped in, could you give me more context to what this means? Does it mean Poles has been shopping Mooney? Does it mean one team called to inquire about Mooney given the status of both him and Claypool being free agents next year? And if so, did Poles listen to an offer or just kinda hang up the phone with no interest? That would help me understand the context here. Thanks.

Legit an opinion piece from a guy on PFF.

Daniel would know this if he could read.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Legit an opinion piece from a guy on PFF.

Daniel would know this if he could read.
Ha! I just opened up the article and yes, it's pure speculation, and then using that speculation to speculate on potential trade partners.

WR DARNELL MOONEY, CHICAGO BEARS
It would come as a major surprise if the Bears entertained the idea of actually moving on from Darnell Mooney, but it would be less surprising if Mooney was a bit frustrated with the lack of progress in extension conversations to this point in the offseason and was open to a change of scenery. Mooney went from the No. 1 receiving option in 2022 to sharing targets with D.J. Moore and Chase Claypool, and Chicago was a distant dead last in pass attempts, completions and yards last season. While they figure to take a massive leap forward, perhaps Mooney wants more volume in a pivotal contract year.

In Mooney’s best season in 2021, he hauled in 81 receptions for 1,055 yards, with his 29 explosive receptions tied for seventh among wide receivers and his 10 missed tackles forced a top-20 mark. Mooney is a downfield separator who has dealt with anemic passing offenses throughout his NFL career, which is certainly not helping his contract prospects. He appears to be extremely close with quarterback Justin Fields and growth is expected in 2023, but Mooney may not want to wait around to find out without a new contract coming off an ankle injury that prematurely ended his 2022 campaign.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
There is a thread about this. And we already called BS. If you actually read the article its just more fake news to garner clicks.

There is no indication other than an opinion piece that Mooney is on the trade block.

Yeah, he's a fucking idiot.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tired of hearing about how great the Bears skill position players block when they are bad at the more important things.

I'm tired of hearing about how great a blocker ESB is, I don't like that they signed Marcedes Lewis for his blocking. I don't need to hear about how great of a blocker Roschon Johnson is.

Greg Olsen was a horrible blocker and was traded away because he couldn't block. He then went on to become the first TE in the history of the NFL to have three straight 1,000 receiving yard seasons.

I'm sick of hearing the hype about blocking. Go out and do the other things that your position requires at a higher level.
Must really frost your nuts that Larry Borom was PFF's highest rated Tackle in the pre season.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
If he turns into a great backup fantastic. 5th round pick back up swing OT that can fill in for 4 games all the better.

Have you ever tried being a goalie? Are there rules against being fatter than the net in hockey?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Oh. Because it's on twitter, it means it's true?

Edit to add: since you're really tapped in, could you give me more context to what this means? Does it mean Poles has been shopping Mooney? Does it mean one team called to inquire about Mooney given the status of both him and Claypool being free agents next year? And if so, did Poles listen to an offer or just kinda hang up the phone with no interest? That would help me understand the context here. Thanks.
Please ask him what he does for a living, and what background he has in scouting NFL players.

Don't tell him it's from me. He'll be a bitch then.

msadows

Liked Posts:
If he turns into a great backup fantastic. 5th round pick back up swing OT that can fill in for 4 games all the better.

Figured I'd post this here, since daniel is an idiot. From his previous thread where he shit on borom:

Another stupid post by one of the worst AlterEgo's on this board.

Borom is on a rookie contract, he's dirt cheap, and you can do a ton worse than him as a swing backup tackle.

You figured wrong again Danny

Now Daniel is saying he's a great backup? Couple months ago dude was saying he should have been cut years ago.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

msadows

Liked Posts:

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Its literally an opinion piece you fat turd. Read the fucking article. He doesn't mention hearing anything, its all just ideas he threw out.

Some of you really don't know how the bacon gets made when it comes to stuff like this.

The guy who is "spitballing" in that article usually doesn't put out that kind of stuff.

The reason he is putting it out there is because not only does it double as content, but he likely heard something, and if it does come true, he gets to look like a genius, and further develops a relationship with whomever leaked that news to him, making him potentially privvy to more inside scoops.

I still think this doesn't happen, and Mooney stays - BUT....

What if this was to prepare the fanbase for a Mooney trade? And what if the Bears end up getting a pretty decent defensive end in return? Not all pro, mind you, but miles better than what they got right now?

Put me on the list as "not surprised if it doesn't happen, but not shocked if it does"

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am tired of people complaining about 5th and 6th WRs or 3rd TEs. Likely holy shit get a grip. Most teams 5th or 6th WR's suck. Getting one that is at least very good at something is a win.

DanielCCSBears

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I am tired of people complaining about 5th and 6th WRs or 3rd TEs. Likely holy shit get a grip. Most teams 5th or 6th WR's suck. Getting one that is at least very good at something is a win.

You know I appreciate the fact that you're looking at this from a full strength standpoint but by December no team in the NFL is at full strength so if ESB or Velus Jones Jr is getting significant playing time it just might be a problem for Justin Fields.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You know I appreciate the fact that you're looking at this from a full strength standpoint but by December no team in the NFL is at full strength so if ESB or Velus Jones Jr is getting significant playing time it just might be a problem for Justin Fields.
Can you point to us 3 teams that have what you would consider to be ideal depth at the WR position?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m pretty sure all teams would have the same issue if they were down to their 5th & 6th WR’s. This isn’t hard.