In other NFL news - Leonard Fournette has been released

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
My concern is, has Pace signed anyone with character issues? He did it once with Ray Mcdonald early on in his career as a favor for Vic Fangio, but that quickly backfired.

I understand you want to maintain a positive and upbeat culture. But, sometimes that culture is kept well by simply winning and performing. Was Leonard Fournette a problem when the Jags went to the AFC Championship? No. But now that the team shipped everyone out of town and gave up on that squad, he is a problem. I would be too!

The same will go for the Bears if the Offense is putrid once again! We can't afford to have a bad year. We need to take risks! And why not take a risk with someone who had 1700+ yards of offense last year at an extreme discounted price?! I like Pace and I want him and Nagy to succeed, but they will make things hard for themselves if this offense holds them back! Sign the man and save yourself from depending too much on two QBs looking to make a rebound.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
My concern is, has Pace signed anyone with character issues? He did it once with Ray Mcdonald early on in his career as a favor for Vic Fangio, but that quickly backfired.

I understand you want to maintain a positive and upbeat culture. But, sometimes that culture is kept well by simply winning and performing. Was Leonard Fournette a problem when the Jags went to the AFC Championship? No. But now that the team shipped everyone out of town and gave up on that squad, he is a problem. I would be too!

The same will go for the Bears if the Offense is putrid once again! We can't afford to have a bad year. We need to take risks! And why not take a risk with someone who had 1700+ yards of offense last year at an extreme discounted price?! I like Pace and I want him and Nagy to succeed, but they will make things hard for themselves if this offense holds them back! Sign the man and save yourself from depending too much on two QBs looking to make a rebound.

Not that I am advocating for Fournette but his transgressions seem less than Mcdonald's....

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I'm Pace I consult the people on this team that know LF and if they are good with it I make the move.

I mean shit..... he may be taking PJ Holtz or Ryan Nall's roster spot.... whatever could we do without those talents. I agree with @vabearsfan15, its time to take some risks.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
We are very thin at RB to begin with, and now the workhorse RB has a groin injury (like a hammy it could linger). Fornette, has talent, Foles has worked with him, he catches the ball well, should come fairly cheap, will have a chip on his shoulders, and RB is one position where rookies and guys that missed training camp can be plugged in and still be effective.

You would think that Nagy would be nagging Pace to go get him now!!

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
If the Bears do sign him, I hope that my thoughts end up being wrong. I would hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder. That said, I have a hard time believing that Fournette's work ethic will magically transform coming to a team that hasn't shown the ability to run the ball nor much dedication to the running game in Nagy's tenure. Acting out behaviorally based on a undesirable work situation is one thing, work ethic concerns to me are the bigger issue. Player's careers are short lived. Working hard for that second contract is where most players in the league cash in. Fournette allegedly having shown a poor work ethic while nearing the end of his rookie contract is alarming.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just another bad apple. Jags team was full of them and it spread worse than covid. Wouldn’t be surprised if there were some legal issues that will come out later with fournette. Pats, bucs....Rams. Let jalen and him ruin that team next (well goff kinda is already)

msadows

Liked Posts:
If the Monty injury were serious I would 100% be down for it.

Now...dunno. Not really that sure he's that big of an upgrade over monty.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Also, it's not like you're paying Fournette alot! He's getting a short term deal to prove he can be a team player. If he starts acting up he may ruin one of his last chances to get a multi-million dollar deal. RBs dont last forever! Whatever team signs him will have the leverage of cutting him if he were to misbehave.

It's a low risk-high reward type of deal. Sign him for cheap, cut him if he acts up! But you gotta give him a try when your offense was bottom 5 and didnt add a true offensive playmaker outside of TE.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, it's not like you're paying Fournette alot! He's getting a short term deal to prove he can be a team player. If he starts acting up he may ruin one of his last chances to get a multi-million dollar deal. RBs dont last forever! Whatever team signs him will have the leverage of cutting him if he were to misbehave.

It's a low risk-high reward type of deal. Sign him for cheap, cut him if he acts up! But you gotta give him a try when your offense was bottom 5 and didnt add a true offensive playmaker outside of TE.

Did you stop to consider David Montgomery's feelings? /s

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Hes not already a bear?? Monty hasn't shown anything spectacular at all. We have absolutely nothing at RB. He would be a huge pickup. Would take alot of pressure off the QB and Oline.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
If the Monty injury were serious I would 100% be down for it.

Now...dunno. Not really that sure he's that big of an upgrade over monty.

He may not be that much of an upgrade over Monty, and in many ways is the same style of player, but he allows you to play the hot hand and keep the RBs fresh. He's fairly piced insurance over having to play Cohen, Patterson, and Pierce.

And while it's nice to have high hopes and dreams for Patterson and Pierce, you cant go in the season in a position where you have to depend on them. We have to live in reality and I honestly would rather have a RB who will b**** at his O-Line to block if they perform like last year and competively push Monty to be the best version of himself.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Being on a contender and a fresh start will keep him inline. Sign him on a two year deal, with the money hes owed it's really just a one. If things dont work out m, drop him or trade him. Won't be a huge cap expense at all.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
So you are saying he is going to the Texans?

Texans are a joke! No defense. Now they have no playmakers. Watson will will then to win a few games, but that team is going nowhere. They took nobody and dont stack up even closely with real contenders.