Is Burton worth the money?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And of all the signings, Burton is the biggest gamble.

I don't disagree. But all three are certainly gambles. I'd actually say Gabriel is the smallest gamble, but he also has the smallest upside.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
"Flodging"???

Sounds like something out of 'A Clockwork Orange". Are white jumpsuits with black bowlers also hip these days?

Only if you're wearing them while singing in the rain.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I am guessing because the OP would rather shy away from climbing out on limbs. If Burton disappoints, he can say that he thought he was not worth the contract. If Burton blossoms into a superstar, he can say he always liked him.

Do the kids still say "wishy washy" because it is the best adjective I can come up with for this thread.

Don't make guess's it makes you look foolish.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I would agree with this line of thinking, but the OP finishes off with: "OK it's slam time, come and get me tough guys. But when you're done spewing internet toughness tell me why he is worth what we paid."

Like he was encouraging everyone to lose their minds over his tepid OP.

Kinda defusing everyone who was gonna lose their shit by beating them too it. Now maybe I'll see real answers.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The money does not upset me. He was in demand and I would rather have him then be holding 8 million and relying on Dion Sims to catch 70 passes.

Whether he was worth the risk will require 6-8 games. My guess is he will be heavily featured and will be worth the money, but who knows.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
why is op preemptively defensive? its weird

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Unless you think Pace has done everything wrong, then Pace has done nothing wrong.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Huge gamble on the player who hasn't done squat in the league other than the fact he's shown potential (or is that "potential") based on extremely limited amount of snaps he played in Philly.

So, my opinion...
:alborland:

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kinda defusing everyone who was gonna lose their shit by beating them too it. Now maybe I'll see real answers.
Nothing defuses peeps faster than a line like, "OK it's slam time, come and get me tough guys."

Sounds like a lack of confidence and/or conviction of your OP, but that is just another one of my guess's.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
What's your opinion.

Me, I don't get it he has never done squat. I like Burton and think he will fill a nitch but I can't believe what we paid. I would have never done it, there is no justification to pay that kinda money to a undrafted third stringer. 2 yds per carry and 9 yds per reception is pretty bad. I see people putting him on lists as a top TE but he has never even put up backup numbers. Our third string TE has better career numbers. I'm not a hater as I root for all our players but I don't see us getting our money's worth with Burton.

OK it's slam time, come and get me tough guys. But when you're done spewing internet toughness tell me why he is worth what we paid. I'm just trying to understand this move. I like Burton but I think we overpaid by a lot.

The "U" TE is probably the most important position in Nagy's offense other than QB. Yes, we paid a lot, but he will be an integral part of the new offense. The Bears can get out of the contract after two years. It's always a risk in FA'cy, but Nagy and Pace clearly targeted this player as an important part of the offense.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If he makes the offense work, then hell yes.