IST: Brewers AT Cubs

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Have they ever announced which Cardinals tested positive? I know they weren't all players....some were coaches but I've yet to see which players are down for them.
Yes.
Yadi
Paul Dejong
4 guys you’ve never heard of

And one player unnamed....just as Carlos Martinez went on the DL

Since then, another couple pjayers but have not heard names.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
They said KB was available to hit right? He's got a better eye than Phegley too.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They said KB was available to hit right? He's got a better eye than Phegley too.
He was available as long as his pregrame routine was fine. Didnt hear anything saying it wasnt. Weird. Cant win them all

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yelich w game winning hr and Hater w save. Barf

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Can't win em all..of course...but Phegley...without a hit this year..is in w/ bases loaded in biggest spot of the game?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Sousa, I was Ok with.....Heyward had no shot at the Hairballer. But I'm with everyone else on Phegley.....why is he even on the team? They got 2.5 catchers already. There's no one in South Bend that can swing a bat better than him?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watching the replays....it's all placement with Kimbrel. He's tossing 97-98 MPH fastballs at the letters and they can't catch up....previously, he was throwing those pitches low and they were getting hammered.

That being said......he has already set quite a bit of precident in Chicago. It's gonna be hard for anyone to trust him until he re-establishes himself. If he still can....

Last edited:

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Sousa, I was Ok with.....Heyward had no shot at the Hairballer. But I'm with everyone else on Phegley.....why is he even on the team? They got 2.5 catchers already. There's no one in South Bend that can swing a bat better than him?
Phegley is a career .227 hitter and they just said on post game "he's known for his bat". Really?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
These second line pitchers have done well for the Cubs but they aren't Bob Gibson out there.....we had to know that they would get roughed up at some point. Time to get a few runs....

Underlying numbers have shown Lester has been very luck to date and Mills is not as good as the results.

I was hoping for a Chatwood start though. I really want to see if he is becoming legit. He has TOR stuff for sure. Even though he should mix in a change up. His sinker/slider combo is along the same mph but a hitter can gear to that speed and guess dive in or shoot out. There is a lacking of mph variances that he can start to key into.

Lester is just lucky. I believe his BABIP is under ,.200 and that will avg out eventually. That will cause his ERA to soar as well.

All that I can say right now is enjoy this run. The law of avg have smiled on these guys to date but out of the starters I only trust Yu and Kyle in a nail bitter

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rea starting today. He was really good in Iowa last year and could have easily been the #5 over Mills. Should be interesting how he performs.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
tough game, Rea not stretched out enough, should continue stretching for one of the starts in the double headers unless they plan to bring Steele or Alzolay from indy.

Fred Garvin

Liked Posts:
Baez is 6 for his last 36 including another 0-5 today and letting ball sneak under his glove to plate a costly run and let's add in a caught stealing today as well. Barely hitting above .200. Contreras 5 for his last 35...both another 0-fer for second game in a row. KB still under the Mendoza line. Cubs back to their horrible hitting w RISP. All adds up to losing two in a row.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
Baez is 6 for his last 36 including another 0-5 today and letting ball sneak under his glove to plate a costly run and let's add in a caught stealing today as well. Barely hitting above .200. Contreras 5 for his last 35...both another 0-fer for second game in a row. KB still under the Mendoza line. Cubs back to their horrible hitting w RISP. All adds up to losing two in a row.

Your point is well taken. But Kipnis had the error yesterday not Baez. It's impressive that the cubs have such a good record with awful production from so many core guys. KB, Contreras, Baez and Schwarber must perform better and soon.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Another 3-run lead blown..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not going to win when you allow homers with men on base

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
This ump is terrible. The strike zone is all over the place and changes from inning to inning. Sometimes player to player.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks