IST: Brewers AT Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Not really....the only game they won was aginst the only starter that is of ML quality. The other three are horrible. It should have gone the other way, lose game one and sweep the other three. They should have put up a ton of runs against the likes of those three.

The Cubs success has been based off of the starting pitcher more than anything. 2016 was exactly the same. That year the staff was solid.

I posted some numbers that were underlying issues going on. Jon now holds a 4.40 FIP and Alec 4.14. That was going to come into play eventually.

Looking ahead the best option is getting Q back and Tyler 100%. Both are better starters at this point. Jon is fine as a 5 at this point and Alec should be the spot starter MR.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like this is all on me. I should not have posted above.... >mutters<

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
The Cubs success has been based off of the starting pitcher more than anything. 2016 was exactly the same. That year the staff was solid.

I posted some numbers that were underlying issues going on. Jon now holds a 4.40 FIP and Alec 4.14. That was going to come into play eventually.

Looking ahead the best option is getting Q back and Tyler 100%. Both are better starters at this point. Jon is fine as a 5 at this point and Alec should be the spot starter MR.

Q has been a pretty big disappointment since we traded for him. Always seems to let us down. Whether he's better than Jon or Alec is like asking who the tallest midget is.