IST:Cubs at Reds

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Man wasn't Heyward hitting like .200 3 games ago? He's up to .254/.361/.296 suddenly.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Man wasn't Heyward hitting like .200 3 games ago? He's up to .254/.361/.296 suddenly.

So I looked it up. Since the final game of the cards series he is hitting .400/.550/.467 plus whatever he does today(already 3 for 3).

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Cubs pitchers are on a pace to score 30+ runs and have 60+ RBI's. There are position players in the league that won't duplicate that. Of course, that pace won't hold the whole season but it's still an impressive start.

Who needs the DH? :)

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't see the problem some people have with Bryant's defense. Ok, he'll never be Brooks Robinson but he covers up his lack of range a bit by having a very long reach and a strong, accurate arm. I think he's fine there. Look, you're not gonna get a Gold Glover at every position...although the Cubs have a shot to have three with Rizzo, Russell and Heyward.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
By mid-season there will be a path worn into the grass from the Reds dugout to the pitcher's mound and another from the bullpen.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I just don't see the problem some people have with Bryant's defense. Ok, he'll never be Brooks Robinson but he covers up his lack of range a bit by having a very long reach and a strong, accurate arm. I think he's fine there. Look, you're not gonna get a Gold Glover at every position...although the Cubs have a shot to have three with Rizzo, Russell and Heyward.

Many will disagree with me but I'd rather see Javier Baez assume the regular 3B duties and move Bryant to LF. The move would improve the defense at 2 positions. Of course on the flip side moving Baez around allows for more opportunities to rest other players.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
cubs_win.jpg

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Cubs take 3 of 4 from the Reds and move to 14-5 on the season. Nice job by Hammel. They still haven't lost a series. Get a days rest tomorrow, and look forward to beat up on Milwaukee and Atlanta next!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Many will disagree with me but I'd rather see Javier Baez assume the regular 3B duties and move Bryant to LF. The move would improve the defense at 2 positions. Of course on the flip side moving Baez around allows for more opportunities to rest other players.
I can't imagine why anyone would disagree with you, as Baez has clearly shown himself to be a very patient hitter at the plate, taking walks and not swinging at bad pitches.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I can't imagine why anyone would disagree with you, as Baez has clearly shown himself to be a very patient hitter at the plate, taking walks and not swinging at bad pitches.

LOL

I like Baez a lot but he hasn't shown anywhere near enough to move the ROY to a new position. I'm perfectly fine with him being a "jack of all trades" backup.