IST: CUBS/Boozers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
The wheels have totally come off the brewers.

Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of guys! :)

Yes it could. It's the team that hasn't deserved to be in first place, but somehow have managed to do it again. I can't wait for this team to start giving the Cardinals all they want, year in and year out.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Henricks said that was by far the worst stuff he's had all year. Gave up 2 runs in 5.2 IP lol

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
Brewers will bw fine.

Doubt it. 8 straight losses. Went from a 2 game division lead to being 3 GB in a 5 day span. Now hanging onto the #5 WC by 0.5 games. Luckily for them the Pirates have really fallen off. Really only have the Braves to worry about. Giants are hot, Brew Crew won't be getting the #4 spot

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes it could. It's the team that hasn't deserved to be in first place, but somehow have managed to do it again. I can't wait for this team to start giving the Cardinals all they want, year in and year out.

but if the cubs were in first they would deserve it though right? :rolleyes:

such a homer

Sent from My 1998 Palm Pilot Using Tapatalk

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The kids I was referring to were the pitchers like Ramierz, Hendricks, Wada etc. The ones that stepped up big after the
big trade....which I'm sure "everyone" here just " knew" were going to do better than the top two starters they traded away.

well said bro.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow. Even for a Cub fan, that's pretty fucking arrogant. You "expected" more wins based on the fact that these kids are "can't miss"?

Here's a list of a few Top Ten Chicago Cubs picks that were "can't miss"....and BTW, I saw most of them play, if that's what they called playing.

Rick James, Terry Hughes, Dean Burk, Scot Thompson, Brian Rosinski, Herman Segelke, Randy Martz, Drew Hall, Jackie Davidson, Derrick May, Mike Harkey, Ty Griffin, Brooks Kieschnick, Cory Patterson, Lou Montañez, Ryan Harvey and Josh Vitters. All picks 1 to 10....all bust outs.

A few turned out ok, like Kerry Wood and Shawon Dunston but the fact that kids excel in the minor leagues or college doesn't mean shit....being a high pick, doesn't mean shit and the fact that the kids they brought up here are this year are playing this well is astounding....way above the norm, especially above the norm for the Cubs.

You can hope they drafted well, traded well etc. But to EXPECT anything from a franchise that hasn't won a championship in over 100 years is beyond the boundaries of stupidity.

please post more! finally a fan with a brain!

remember, this type of shit happens all the time when teams trade vets at the deadline and bring up guys.

the league will adjust to majority of them. junior lake last year was the fap fest and look how that turned out.

this arrogance that some of the fans have is pretty comical.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
please post more! finally a fan with a brain!

remember, this type of shit happens all the time when teams trade vets at the deadline and bring up guys.

the league will adjust to majority of them. junior lake last year was the fap fest and look how that turned out.

this arrogance that some of the fans have is pretty comical.

Lake had holes in his game last year also. It didn't take rocket science to figure that he is a hacker at the plate. Soler looks like he has a idea what he is doing and sure he will most likely slum also but his basic skill set as a hitter is more complete than Baez or Lake. I would be shocked if he busted.

I'm concerned with Baez. He swings too hard and can't lay off the fast ball in his eyes.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
It kind of amazes me. People want the prospects held down to save money, yet these prospects are good enough to help the team win more games, AND these people "knew" that they would help win games.

But on the other hand if the Cubs lose, it's good too because they get a higher pick.

Talk about trying to have it both ways.

It kind of amazes me your bitching about the process when they just swept a division leader and took 2 of 4 from the team that was in first before playing them not to mention them being a roughly .500 team since mid may. The cubs lost this season in April not in July-September. None of the prospects were ready in April. Alcantara has added energy I like but he's still hitting .216/.274/.382 and that's after a season in AAA. Soler was hurt early in the season. Baez is hitting .179/.217/.390 and striking out at a ridiculous rate.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It kind of amazes me your bitching about the process when they just swept a division leader and took 2 of 4 from the team that was in first before playing them not to mention them being a roughly .500 team since mid may. The cubs lost this season in April not in July-September. None of the prospects were ready in April. Alcantara has added energy I like but he's still hitting .216/.274/.382 and that's after a season in AAA. Soler was hurt early in the season. Baez is hitting .179/.217/.390 and striking out at a ridiculous rate.

Baez did the exact same thing in AAA. He had like a 38% K rate in the first month of the season. Its when he adjusted he dropped it to around 22% before he got called up. Its why people need to stop riding the roller coaster of every at bat. Not saying you just people in general.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think Baez is beginning to adjust. He seems to be getting into less 0-2 counts, which was occurring almost every AB previously. Yeah. His stat line isn't pretty, but it looks like his approach is starting to change for the better...baby steps.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Baez did the exact same thing in AAA. He had like a 38% K rate in the first month of the season. Its when he adjusted he dropped it to around 22% before he got called up. Its why people need to stop riding the roller coaster of every at bat. Not saying you just people in general.

I feel like you think I'm taking a shot at Baez when I'm not. I'm saying that none of the prospects(Soler, Alcantara, Baez, Bryant...etc) would have made any difference in April which is when the cubs lost any chance of being competitive.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I feel like you think I'm taking a shot at Baez when I'm not. I'm saying that none of the prospects(Soler, Alcantara, Baez, Bryant...etc) would have made any difference in April which is when the cubs lost any chance of being competitive.
I think S was supporting your post with regards to nwfisch's comments.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's not enough to complain about when these are the arguments

Boobaby1

Liked Posts:
but if the cubs were in first they would deserve it though right? :rolleyes:

such a homer

Nope! And not a homer either. I call it like I see it. The Cardinals for all intense purposes have struggled all year. They aren't pitching like they have, Wainright has been mediocre in the second half, the offense has very few hitters, and they were once dominant in two out hits and have fallen face first into the ground. Not to mention having a highly touted prospect like Oscar Taveras under perform, and their mid-season acquisitions have not done like they had planned either.

If you ask any baseball person, and even more, Cardinal fans themselves, they will tell you it has been a very disappointing season despite taking over first place by default. To have aspirations of easily making the NLCS, if not the WS, and to just now take over first place after going 6-4 in their last 10 and picking up 5 games on the Brewers, says they haven't done close to what they should have.

And before you spout off about injuries, they also had the deepest staff in the majors, and Molina was there the better part of the season.

If you want to go a step further, I would also say the Dodgers and Tigers have performed well below expectations too.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm shocked the A's were better before the trades. Halo's are running away with it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The A's dont win the Series then ol Billy boy is going to kick himself everyday for making that trade with the Cubs. Hammel has been hot garbage and evidentally isnt happy.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
The A's dont win the Series then ol Billy boy is going to kick himself everyday for making that trade with the Cubs. Hammel has been hot garbage and evidentally isnt happy.
As are in trouble for even making the playoffs, mariners right behind them for the 2nd WC spot..

Can you imagine making the deals he did and fall flat...

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

Gotta go for it at some point. The A's aren't a team in position to consistently wait and build with a farm a la the Braves sadly. 2-3 years from now the guys that are great for them they wont be able to afford anyways and while someone like Russell clearly would help, you're talking about building around him 5 years from now or so not him being the next step.

At this point they've done enough to make their team shit in the next few years which will grant them high round picks if they so choose plus beane is legendary at trading vets for usable pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.