IST: Cubs @ Rockies

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
And Edwards

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Well Edwards only gave up one run. Most of them were inherited from Wood. Obviously not ideal at all but if wood doesn't give up 3 runs(2 earned) they really aren't in the situation where that one from Edwards even matters.

Regardless, shame they wasted another good start by Hendricks. Maybe maddon just needs to let him throw complete games more often.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well Edwards only gave up one run. Most of them were inherited from Wood. Obviously not ideal at all but if wood doesn't give up 3 runs(2 earned) they really aren't in the situation where that one from Edwards even matters.

Regardless, shame they wasted another good start by Hendricks. Maybe maddon just needs to let him throw complete games more often.
Yeah I was worried about this when they pulled Hendricks out of the game he goes six innings you're winning by only four runs and it's Coors Field

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh noooooosssss, we suck again. We 18-4 in August. Shitty Cubs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
4 runs over 5 innings(hopefully) at Coors isn't really that horrid. It was mainly just Wood getting roughed up.

Bryant's theowing error, which seemed like nobbig deal at the time, turned out to be huge.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone said disappointing....good analysis. Disappointing but not surprising. Chatman's top end was 97 tonight....impressive, but very hitable. Unless he's hitting 100+, he's just another lefty with a mediocre breaking ball. Overuse? Possibly...maybe the light air, who knows? But it's a certainty that's he's no world beater until he can amp it up.

Also, I think Heyward makes that play in right....he's faster and gets better jumps than Zobby. It only hit about 6 or 7 feet up the wall...easily catchable if you can get there fast enough.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Can we please give Chapman the night off?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
I stayed up for that? Booooo

Yeah that really sucker punched me last night. I stayed up till 2:45AM EST to watch Chapman blow his second save of the season. I didn't get any sleep. But my feeling is that this was an abberation and were going to keep dominating teams like we did the Rockies for 7 1/2 fucking innings!! :) No way Chapman blows another lead for awhile. The guy has an ego and doesn't like to lose. He was fucking pissed last night and that's going to make his heater go like 104-105mph which no one can really hit consistently. Lets see how Montgomery does tonight, but Im hoping Cahill and Grimm will be back tonight. They're going to have to eat a lot of innings tonight unless Montgomery goes crazy.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Someone said disappointing....good analysis. Disappointing but not surprising. Chatman's top end was 97 tonight....impressive, but very hitable. Unless he's hitting 100+, he's just another lefty with a mediocre breaking ball. Overuse? Possibly...maybe the light air, who knows? But it's a certainty that's he's no world beater until he can amp it up.

Also, I think Heyward makes that play in right....he's faster and gets better jumps than Zobby. It only hit about 6 or 7 feet up the wall...easily catchable if you can get there fast enough.

You know I thought about that. He was only hitting 101 when he was half-way into the count on Hundley. But his FB was kind of weak considering the guy can throw over 100mph. He didn't seem tired. I don't think there's anything wrong with him. You just have to see where he's at in any given day and then make the decision to go with the guy. But he's our closer and I wouldn't rather have anyone but him..:)

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
3 of 4 losses are bullpen losses

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Against 18 wins. You want bullpen woes? Ask the Red Sox. Seriously every bullpen has issues this time of year and the Cubs are missing their 7th and 8th inning guys. The pen will likely blow a few more, it's called baseball.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Against 18 wins. You want bullpen woes? Ask the Red Sox. Seriously every bullpen has issues this time of year and the Cubs are missing their 7th and 8th inning guys. The pen will likely blow a few more, it's called baseball.
Who said anything about bullpen woes?
Just mentioned 3 of those 4 losses came from the pen

Wow, talk about taking a simple comment and blowing it up
you work for CNN

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Who said anything about bullpen woes?
Just mentioned 3 of those 4 losses came from the pen

Wow, talk about taking a simple comment and blowing it up
you work for CNN

Sorry, not really directed at you. I've been on several Cubd sites this morning and people are all angsty about last night and seem to want to jump off buildings. It's making me a little crazy.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Think using Chapman twice on Tuesday and not having Strop Rondon and even Montgomery the rest of week to give him a breather has hurt..

Cubs could use either a blowout today a different tomorrow or having starters go deeper..
Unfortunately for today though, it's another bullpen game with Montgomery starting and probably Cahill to follow..
So hopefully they get at least 6 combined and the bats explode, then maybe they can use the two rookies to close it out..

I still think they might look to Papelbon to help ease the workload..

With Lackey going down we see now how important it was for them to try and add another starter, as we see they don't have anything ready in system with having to go with Cahill and now Montgomery..

Using Zastryzny last night, I thought he'd start on Tuesday
Unless they just figured that would be his bullpen day and he will start Tuesday

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Think using Chapman twice on Tuesday and not having Strop Rondon and even Montgomery the rest of week to give him a breather has hurt..

Cubs could use either a blowout today a different tomorrow or having starters go deeper..
Unfortunately for today though, it's another bullpen game with Montgomery starting and probably Cahill to follow..
So hopefully they get at least 6 combined and the bats explode, then maybe they can use the two rookies to close it out..

I still think they might look to Papelbon to help ease the workload..

With Lackey going down we see now how important it was for them to try and add another starter, as we see they don't have anything ready in system with having to go with Cahill and now Montgomery..

Using Zastryzny last night, I thought he'd start on Tuesday
Unless they just figured that would be his bullpen day and he will start Tuesday

I believe he is just covering Montgomery's BP spot. I'm expecting Mont and Cahill to share the work load today.

Zas seemed to do very well in a 1 inning stint and this could set him up to replace Wood next year.

Pena is another to watch. He is finally getting noticed and might end up impressing in this stint.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sorry, not really directed at you. I've been on several Cubd sites this morning and people are all angsty about last night and seem to want to jump off buildings. It's making me a little crazy.

Wood has not been effective this year as last year. Edwards is still raw. Pena and Zas are pretty unknown still and got a pass. Teams will start to scout them now.

We will see. The best 2 are Cahill and Montgomery and it looks like they will both cover Lackey's spot. So yes the pen is shakey right now as it stands.

They need to lean on Grimm as the main 8th inning guy right now.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
When Chapmans fastball losses some velocity he will be nothing cause his curve sucks, he throws high in the zone and he has little movement. God forbid we sign him to a long term deal

Miller was and will be the better choice in the future

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
When Chapmans fastball losses some velocity he will be nothing cause his curve sucks, he throws high in the zone and he has little movement. God forbid we sign him to a long term deal

Miller was and will be the better choice in the future

In the future, definitely. But for this year, I like Chapman's 100+ heater after Rondon's 97mph heater.

Chapman was pitching at altitude with recent high usage. I think he'll be fine hitting 100+ going forward.

But I'm still upset Maddon pitched him twice in one day against Milwaukee. I think that was totally unnecessary.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
In the future, definitely. But for this year, I like Chapman's 100+ heater after Rondon's 97mph heater.

Chapman was pitching at altitude with recent high usage. I think he'll be fine hitting 100+ going forward.

But I'm still upset Maddon pitched him twice in one day against Milwaukee. I think that was totally unnecessary.

yeah but it meant two big wins. They're all big this time of year. And the Cubs are playing their best ball right now. I expect a blow out tonight as the Cubs tee off on the Rockies. Their starting pitching sucks. We will be feasting on their fastballs, curves, change-ups. I don't give a shit but we blow them out tonight if there's any sense to this season. Because during this streak of 15 out of 18 the team is dominating the opponent in the first 6-7 innings. Then if we get a good bullpen its game over and relatively quiet but if out BP fucks up like it did last night we lose close games. We really should have beaten the Cardinals and the Rockies all three games since we went to the 7th in all of them with leads. And really the guys who pitched the 9th and 10th inning put us in position to win. Which 99 games out of 100 with the lead and 3 outs and Chapman coming in its lights out.