IST: Cubs vs. Marlins

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You must be reading words the rest of us can't see.

Well, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

I criticize Darvish, posters defend him time and time and time again. If that's not love, I don't know what is.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
C'mon Kyle.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
If it's meant as a white power signal, I certainly am not OK with that. I guess I just don't pay enough attention to what is a symbol of that lately. There are so damn many racist people it's disgusting. I saw conflicting interpretations today. Some were saying it was a game. If a racist gesture, that's no game. (Even if the racists hijacked it, stop using it in your game.)
I knew of the whole look at the circle game as a kid. It was pretty dumb. I am not entirely sure how it became associated with racism but the idea apparently is the three fingers down form a W and the middle finger plus the index/thumb form a P obviously symbolizing white power.

I do know however that the circle game thing is used as a dog whistle to get away with it. At the end of the day you're standing behind a black guy doing. Whatever he was doing whether it was malicious or not wasn't smart. He's either the annoying guy in the background of reports making an ass of himself or he's purposefully trying to be a racist.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I know he not hitting all that good now but I wouldn't mind if the cubs traded for Granderson as a LH option off the bench for CF and leadoff..

Sure it wouldn't cost much of anything to get him and he only getting 1.7 mil for the year

Who knows , maybe it gives him a little jump playing on a good team in his home town

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I know he not hitting all that good now but I wouldn't mind if the cubs traded for Granderson as a LH option off the bench for CF and leadoff..

Sure it wouldn't cost much of anything to get him and he only getting 1.7 mil for the year

Who knows , maybe it gives him a little jump playing on a good team in his home town
TBQH if they just need a LH bat off the bench I'd just assume the call up Dewees.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
So I mean it's not an 80 pitch outing but Kyle is at 66 pitches through 5.2. If he gets through the next inning and a third fairly quickly it wouldn't be crazy for him to throw another CG

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So I mean it's not an 80 pitch outing but Kyle is at 66 pitches through 5.2. If he gets through the next inning and a third fairly quickly it wouldn't be crazy for him to throw another CG
Think the O would need to put up a couple more runs for Maddon to let that happen though

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Think the O would need to put up a couple more runs for Maddon to let that happen though
Well he's got the bottom of the order for the next 4 hitters. I would guess if he gets back around to the heart of the order in the 9th joe might yank him but who knows if he is looking good joe may leave him in

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hearing the thunder by me, hope the cubs still have the lead when the rain comes

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Hendricks had a 5.33 ERA before his start vs stl and tonight. He now has a 3.27 ERA. Two starts to cut off 2 full runs.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We have hit a crapload of ground balls in this series.

Let's get some insurance.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Hendricks had a 5.33 ERA before his start vs stl and tonight. He now has a 3.27 ERA. Two starts to cut off 2 full runs.
163 total pitches and only 38 balls so far through 16 innings

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Whatever happens here in the 9th just hope they throw strikes. If the get beat on hits I can live with it but i don't wanna see them walking guys into position to win.