IST: Cubs vs. Marlins

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Man, that looks a lot like the circle game that has been going on for years. He will never admit if it was a racist gesture. I feel like this should be a non story

It always will be with the Cubs

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Zo has not been upto par this year. Playing through injury is not shocking. Healthy last year he was at 135 wRC+. He is currently 64 below that.

Descanasio I believe was limited to PH duty. Not shocking that they are addressing this injury now.

I would not go into with Russell with any preconceived opinion. You really are doing yourself a disservice. Just let his actions and play on the field speak for themselves. Then your opinion carries more weight. Right now it is hot air.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who else they gonna bring up with 2 infielders going down...
Pretty much a necessity move here

Hazard a guess it would be Montgomery. Zobrist has not played any IF this year. I just see it as they go with their core with Zag used more now. He has been the lost sheep this year and it would be good to see if he is a MLB talent or Tokyo trash.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
If the Cubs were so against him playing because of politics, necessity wouldn't matter.

If Russell was a loudmouth Ass hat that was cruzing around with his homies flashing colors and pushing drugs he wouldn't be back.

It was a domestic violence case. I hate to say that is a common thing but it is. It probley never should have been elevated to the level it did. Lack of mature minded individuals on both ends.

That and the fact that Russell is quiet and low key. This does t happen most of us see him as a wall flower on the Cubs.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Man, that looks a lot like the circle game that has been going on for years. He will never admit if it was a racist gesture. I feel like this should be a non story
It was a dumb thing to do even if it wasn't malicious. And ultimately that's the issue. He's either an idiot for trying to make a fool of himself in the background of a camera shot or he's throwing up racist gestures. Apparently they are considering banning him for life. I'm not sure I'd go that far with it but I have no issue with them making a stink over this.

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
You know nothing. Try reading why he has had issues before tossing your ignorance around.

I'm tired of the excuses for Darvish. Either produce or don't. And if not, get the fuck out.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Zobrist to IL?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Zobrist to IL?

Sounds like personal reasons.

Zobrist has been placed on the restricted list after being granted a leave of absence to deal with a personal matter, per the club.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm tired of the excuses for Darvish. Either produce or don't. And if not, get the fuck out.
Are you working in the Cubs Front Office? If not, you are powerless over what they do and instead of being the dopiest poster on CCS, perhaps you should just consider shutting the front door.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Zobrist on leave of absence again, time away undetermined...

Strop back on IL with hamstring strain grade 2
The need for a closer just went up some more

Russell is up
Monty is up

Russell playing 2B batting 8th
So that answers the who plays SS war

Descalso banged up a bit with ankle

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Zobrist on leave of absence again, time away undetermined...

Strop back on IL with hamstring strain grade 2
The need for a closer just went up some more

Russell is up
Monty is up

Russell playing 2B batting 8th
So that answers the who plays SS war

Descalso banged up a bit with ankle
No way you move Baez off short to accommodate Russell. He will play short but that’s to give Baez off. Russell has to earn his way back on the team. It’s simple