IST: Cubs vs. Marlins

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Jeez fiers for the A's no hit cincy. Sorta surprised as he threw 131 pitches but guess you kinda have to let him try.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
wtf are you talking about? Either you're trolling or you've been trolled cuz that shit isn't real.

I have never been so insulted in my entire life. How dare you call my post into question? Who exactly made you the Lord Proprietor of the National pastime? I demand satisfaction!!!

Good day sir...

I said good day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
It’s possible while people have been complaining about the lack of off-season player acquisitions, the most important changes made to the team were to the coaching staff. It looks like the bats are responding and the pitchers are doing what they need to do.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
We are probably getting in front of our skies, but yeah....if KB is back to form and we stay healthy, this could be a ‘16 redo.
Theo must find that Chapman type 9th inning guy though to make it happen. Those top end shut the door types have a special set of insides that no one on this team possesses.
The OF doesn’t thrill either, so let’s hope Swarbs picks it up a bit, AA doesn’t fall off a cliff late in season and JHey continues to a be contributor at the plate.
Cards and Brew are legit teams that won’t be going away either. Shaping up to be a real fun baseball year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It’s possible while people have been complaining about the lack of off-season player acquisitions, the most important changes made to the team were to the coaching staff. It looks like the bats are responding and the pitchers are doing what they need to do.

So, you’re saying you don’t miss Chili Davis? ?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are probably getting in front of our skies, but yeah....if KB is back to form and we stay healthy, this could be a ‘16 redo.
Theo must find that Chapman type 9th inning guy though to make it happen. Those top end shut the door types have a special set of insides that no one on this team possesses.
The OF doesn’t thrill either, so let’s hope Swarbs picks it up a bit, AA doesn’t fall off a cliff late in season and JHey continues to a be contributor at the plate.
Cards and Brew are legit teams that won’t be going away either. Shaping up to be a real fun baseball year.
I think the Brewers will fade down the stretch. They have serious issues in pitching. Yelich has to come down at some point. He isn’t Babe Ruth. I think they will be solid then start to fade. Cards are going to be there until the end

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I read during ST Chatwood discovered a problem in his delivery , if he really has figured that out is that on him or pitching coach for not finding it last season. Why they have coaches.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, you’re saying you don’t miss Chili Davis? ?
I don't want to dig on Chili. There isn't any need. The PC who was Maddon's guy in Tampa only lasted last season, too. It looks like the FO believed they had the players who could perform (based upon previous history) and they needed to make some staffing changes of significance to enhance players' opportunity for success.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I read during ST Chatwood discovered a problem in his delivery , if he really has figured that out is that on him or pitching coach for not finding it last season. Why they have coaches.
They would look at enough video and have even more technology than that at this point to figure out what's going on. What is happening at the MLB level of ball is teams are no longer passing around former players in the buddy network just to keep them employed. Guys who played the game must be willing to work with newer technologies and provide data to the geeks in the FO. More importantly, they have to be able to demonstrate they can actually teach the skills necessary and inspire confidence. The Phillies just hired the lead instructor of Driveline USA's program to oversee all their hitting operations, even though he hadn't played a lick of pro ball. The St Louis Cardinals hire a guy back from the Houston organization to be their Hitting Coach and Albert did not play pro ball. He is an excellent teacher of the game. That is what matters in today's game and where MLB is headed.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Sutcliffe was on radio last year and was asked a question similar to that and his response was that the coaches wont go up to players, they wait till the players come to them for help, especially the veterans..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Man, KB is looking like him old self which is a top 5 player in the league. Even his down year, he was 25% better than league average. People take him for granted.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
KB is on a tear. Hope he keeps it up.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Sutcliffe was on radio last year and was asked a question similar to that and his response was that the coaches wont go up to players, they wait till the players come to them for help, especially the veterans..
Then the coaches should get paid by the hour and nit collect unless they're engaging with the players. Otherwise, they're simply loitering. :)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Man, KB is looking like him old self which is a top 5 player in the league. Even his down year, he was 25% better than league average. People take him for granted.
My brother likes to say that Bryant never does anything late in games, so I was happy to text him last night about the three consecutive games in which he has homered in the Cub's final inning at bat.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Then the coaches should get paid by the hour and nit collect unless they're engaging with the players. Otherwise, they're simply loitering. :)
Nah. Players don’t listen at that level unless they want instruction. They’ve heard everything by that point. Go out to a Little League game sometime and listen to the stupid stuff being said. The. Think of all the practices and things said and preached. Lather, rinse, repeat every year.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah. Players don’t listen at that level unless they want instruction. They’ve heard everything by that point. Go out to a Little League game sometime and listen to the stupid stuff being said. The. Think of all the practices and things said and preached. Lather, rinse, repeat every year.
I will say Joe is more involved this year. He said the players feedback to him was he needed to be more involved and listening. He said he didnt do that in the past because he didnt want to get in his coaches or players way. But, seems like the team asked him to be more involved in that aspect.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
wRC+
Contreras 184
Baez 160
Rizzo 139
Bryant 137
Heyward 135
Bote 114
Descanasio 96
Schwarber 94
Zobrist 71
Almora 69

If any are in question in who is earning their playing time.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I will say Joe is more involved this year. He said the players feedback to him was he needed to be more involved and listening. He said he didnt do that in the past because he didnt want to get in his coaches or players way. But, seems like the team asked him to be more involved in that aspect.
They said he was late to his pregame conference the other day cause he was with the pitchers by the batting cage