Now he gonna have pneumonia after taking a couple Gatorade shower..lol

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow, that was some blast into a 15 mph wind and it wasn't even a line drive.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a long season to go, but man, they are starting to feel like 16 again. Difference, Baez is probably the best player and Bryant and Rizzo are just "good" players. Man, this season could be very special. Lets get em tomorrow.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
There is a long season to go, but man, they are starting to feel like 16 again. Difference, Baez is probably the best player and Bryant and Rizzo are just "good" players. Man, this season could be very special. Lets get em tomorrow.

Don't disagree. But the way Bryant and Rizzo are playing right now, they could have a deadly trio of hitters. Add in Contreras returning to form and look out..

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't disagree. But the way Bryant and Rizzo are playing right now, they could have a deadly trio of hitters. Add in Contreras returning to form and look out..
Absolutely, no one wants to see this offense clicking. I just want to give it up to the pitching. Best in the league for the last month. We need another back end arm at the deadline but we are becoming deadly. We allow less than 3 runs. Good luck beating us.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yep, it's a very long season filled with ups and downs. Most of us were wise not to buy into the 2-7 start and shouldn't really expect 8 out of 9 to be the norm. But I agree, there looks to be something brewing on the northside this year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'd feel better if they can just add a couple solid bullpen arms, which I'm sure they will eventually..
Just dont trust some of these guys

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'd feel better if they can just add a couple solid bullpen arms, which I'm sure they will eventually..
They have literally been the best bullpen in baseball for the last month.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I don't think they need a couple. I think they need one either 8th inning or closer. Kintzler and Ryan(save for the decision making last night) have been fantastic. Cishek is the same guy he was last year. Strop is the same guy he always is. Brach is walking too many guys but he's striking out a lot and getting himself out of jams. Historically he hasn't had terrible control either so I think that will regress to the mean. That gives you 5 pretty good arms. Edwards could join that group should he prove he's over his issues. And Webster as your last bullpen arm isn't really terrible either. Plus you still have Monty and Cedeno as left options who are close to returning.

Point here being they have a depth of good but not great arms other than like... Strop and maybe Edwards if he got his act together. I might also start to include Ryan in that because he's been ridiculously good but I don't think he's really in line to set up or close this year.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They have literally been the best bullpen in baseball for the last month.
Yeah, think that had a lot more to do with the SP going deeper and all..

Just would like to see a couple upgrades..
Closer to put Strop back into the set up role and another solid arm

Definitely need Edwards to be on top of his
game again

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah, think that had a lot more to do with the SP going deeper and all..

Just would like to see a couple upgrades..
Closer to put Strop back into the set up role and another solid arm

Definitely need Edwards to be on top of his
game again

Umm...no

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
WTF, MLB just disqualified Bryant's 3 run 9th inning homer saying he stepped out of the batters box. The game will be continued as a 2-2 tie going into the top of the 10th, at a yet TBD date.

I've never heard of anything like this since last Saturday.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep, it's a very long season filled with ups and downs. Most of us were wise not to buy into the 2-7 start and shouldn't really expect 8 out of 9 to be the norm. But I agree, there looks to be something brewing on the northside this year.
WTF, MLB just disqualified Bryant's 3 run 9th inning homer saying he stepped out of the batters box. The game will be continued as a 2-2 tie going into the top of the 10th, at a yet TBD date.

Seems legit

beckdawg

Liked Posts:

wtf are you talking about? Either you're trolling or you've been trolled cuz that shit isn't real.