• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Agree.
But they need to not shit themselves against the Capitals tonight.

To the bolded:
I know. That's why I specifically stated last season.

Agree with this too. Nashville was going to be successful if they could contain the Hawks offense, and hopefully get stellar performances out of Rinne, at the same time hoping Kane would not be a factor.

Minnesota was riding on one line of great D, but Suter didn't deliver, leaving Dubnyk to face shots like he did on his previous team. Kane was close to 100%.

It's an interesting point you bring up. Which team out of Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville and Minnesota was the strongest opponent?

Yes but you implied the same thing was going to happen this season.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes but you implied the same thing was going to happen this season.

Where?
I'm looking through my posts and I don't see a "Hawks are going to murder the Rangers in the Cup Final of 2015."
IF the Hawks make it to the Final against the Rags, that may go all 7. That would be a ratings boner seen from space for the NHL.

I had a beer tipping "Hawks could murder the 2014 Rangers" post. That I'll stand by.

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
So u don't like stats? Myself and many others were posting a TON of stats yesterday.

If you came here not liking stats... well, I guess you are not in the right place as of late with this forum.

He never responded to my rundblad corsi rating question...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
when I'm able to cut through the mad jizz being spewed in the direction of my face by some posters on here, I'm picking up a lot of hockey knowledge. It's nice to expand horizons. I predict that by the time the Hawks win the cup this year that I will have mastered my knowledge of hockey.

what_you_dont_know_charts.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Six days without an actual game to discuss. This fucking sucks.

So, anyone want to tell me how the Ducks are going to beat the Hawks? Because without several of its players all of the sudden deciding to play at a level wildly above their career levels, I just don't see it.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

so even the mods are posting mad jizz in my face here? it's like that? All i'm saying is that my pursuit of hockey knowledge has gained incredible momentum. I don't want to sound overconfident but I'm buying some e-books on hockey and intend to read them this weekend. Expect the value level of threads in your forum to increase tremendously in the offseason.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
so even the mods are posting mad jizz in my face here? it's like that? All i'm saying is that my pursuit of hockey knowledge has gained incredible momentum. I don't want to sound overconfident but I'm buying some e-books on hockey and intend to read them this weekend. Expect the value level of threads in your forum to increase tremendously in the offseason.

Here's a link. Learn what this stuff means.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Six days without an actual game to discuss. This fucking sucks.

So, anyone want to tell me how the Ducks are going to beat the Hawks? Because without several of its players all of the sudden deciding to play at a level wildly above their career levels, I just don't see it.

HHM and I are desperately trying to get the steamroller to Anaheim by Friday to start the series. Surely if we get it there by Friday, steamrolling the Ducks will be a cake walk to the finals. Would be a very EASY series.

Still waiting for IDOT to confirm our rental. We made sure to order a CHICAGO TOUGH steamroller too.

Anyone know a good place in Anaheim to get a meatball sandwich? HHM and I have tickets for Game 5 that we probably won't need.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
HHM and I are desperately trying to get the steamroller to Anaheim by Friday to start the series. Surely if we get it there by Friday, steamrolling the Ducks will be a cake walk to the finals. Would be a very EASY series.

Still waiting for IDOT to confirm our rental. We made sure to order a CHICAGO TOUGH steamroller too.

Anyone know a good place in Anaheim to get a meatball sandwich? HHM and I have tickets for Game 5 that we probably won't need.

I tried calling my union guy again and he's not getting back to me. He swears he knows when the game is but WTF? I know the steamroller is just a prop for diehards, but I'm really wanting the traveling crowd to get into the game and give the rested Hawks a lift...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Probably not as good as Rozsival. But I won't ask because I know HawkWriter gets upset when we talk about stats instead of talking about hockey.

Rundblad's actually ranked second on the team for most Corsi-related statistics. Never would've guessed that.

Guess it helps that he started in the offensive zone 68.8% of the time.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
I tried calling my union guy again and he's not getting back to me. He swears he knows when the game is but WTF? I know the steamroller is just a prop for diehards, but I'm really wanting the traveling crowd to get into the game and give the rested Hawks a lift...

I know the commissioner of IDOT and could probably pull some strings. But I don't want to get the guy (my buddy - he has drinks with Johnny Oduya on occasion) I'm renting from in trouble.

Did Jenny at Delta get back to you on commercial airfare for game 5? Also need a quote for the cargo plane.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
Rundblad's actually ranked second on the team for most Corsi-related statistics. Never would've guessed that.

But I thought Rundblad is terrible from reading the experts on this hockey message board?

Another shining example of how stubborn Q is with younger players and how stupid most posters here are.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Which shows why his +/- is where it is at.

Also shows that while Corsi is a tool to use, it is only that. Not the whole story and not even close to it.

The eye test doesn't fail. The Ducks aren't looking at Rundblad's +/- or his Corsi rating and thinking "we need to stay away from him". They are looking at the way he goes into corners afraid, the way he coughs up pucks when someone is physical with him, and the way he get burned one on ones and thinking "we need to get on his side of the ice every single time we can".

Status
Not open for further replies.