(IST) WCF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
So no IceHogs can step up and play? (sorry if that's a stupid question, just thinking outside the box)

The Blackhawks are allowed to play Dmen from their AHL roster if they choose to go that route and if the player was part of the organization before the trade deadline. That is likely a long shot though that anyone would get a shot from the Hogs. Cumiskey would likely be up next after Rundblad.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's awesome, and I think you or another poster here turned me on to him. It's support for the Rangers AND it's inspiration for the level of viscious tenacity I'd like to see in the Blackhawks gameplan.

On another note, did you know he was a male model? Kind of a playboy too. Pretty cool

To your last point: that's why a lot of guys like DMelt hate him. Great looking guy, only bangs tens, rich, great hockey skill... that's a lot to measure up to.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hard to watch just replays though and get a feeling on a player. They are usually going to be swayed towards the really bad or really good. Even Keith has some really bad moments that people can compile and I'm sure Rundblad has had some really good moments that can be compiled.

Luckily, we will all find out soon enough how Rundblad does. I'm hoping that he is ready...or that Timonen is ready to step up in a big way. Don't feel great that the Blackhawks currently have 4dmen that are "sure bets" out there. The top 4 can handle big minutes but it could catch up to them in the end.

I have the iPhone with the really large screen so it was pretty easy to see how fucking bad he is. I get what you are saying about scewed replay reels but I think this was a rundblad fan that posted this, so that says a lot about how shitty he is. Just wanted to see if the stats alligned with the eye test. Should've done a smell test instead because rundblaad STINKS!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
To your last point: that's why a lot of guys like DMelt hate him. Great looking guy, only bangs tens, rich, great hockey skill... that's a lot to measure up to.

Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(pauses to catch breath)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And, HHM, if there were anyone in Rockford that could help the Hawks right now, they'd already be playing in Chicago. Like Teuvo.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

He's no Dion Phaneuf

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with HHM and Grimson. Sean Avery was awesome. What he did to Brodeur was fucking genius! Too bad the NHL changed the rule to make it illegal. Had to make Marty boy happy I guess.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So, anyone want to tell me how the Ducks are going to beat the Hawks? Because without several of its players all of the sudden deciding to play at a level wildly above their career levels, I just don't see it.

Asking this again, because I still haven't seen anyone come up with a good answer. Legitimately trying to find ways to doubt the Hawks in this series but drawing blanks.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Asking this again, because I still haven't seen anyone come up with a good answer. Legitimately trying to find ways to doubt the Hawks in this series but drawing blanks.

The Hawks plane crashes on the way to Anaheim. That's about it.

Variable

Liked Posts:
When you have a future Hall of Famer covering your ass on every single shift you play, you're going to seem better. But even with that, there are going to be those instances, and there were, where it's some guy one on one with Rozi, or Rozi under pressure in his own end and things got bad quick. They weren't burned on it every single time, but he really wasn't that much a different player than he was during the season.

It's just like when TVR was here and all the pairings were shuffled to fuck because Oduya decided to be bad for over half the season. He's probably a 5th or 6th d-man as well, but playing with Keith and not seeing shit go wrong some people were flipping their shit about the kid, anointing him a savior. No, he's just playing with one of the best d-men the Hawks have ever had.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(pauses to catch breath)

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

idk what's so lol worthy here, Avery was innovative to say the least. why do you hate him so much?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
When you have a future Hall of Famer covering your ass on every single shift you play, you're going to seem better. But even with that, there are going to be those instances, and there were, where it's some guy one on one with Rozi, or Rozi under pressure in his own end and things got bad quick. They weren't burned on it every single time, but he really wasn't that much a different player than he was during the season.

It's just like when TVR was here and all the pairings were shuffled to fuck because Oduya decided to be bad for over half the season. He's probably a 5th or 6th d-man as well, but playing with Keith and not seeing shit go wrong some people were flipping their shit about the kid, anointing him a savior. No, he's just playing with one of the best d-men the Hawks have ever had.

I think this is probably the best logical post on the rundbladd situation. I'm still hoping he steps up from what I saw on youtube, but it's comforting to know the team can make up for his weak ass play.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
idk what's so lol worthy here, Avery was innovative to say the least. why do you hate him so much?

LOL innovative? The only innovation he brought to the game was outlawed by a league-wide rule change one night later. Unless you consider rampant douchebaggery an NHL "innovation."

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
LOL innovative? The only innovation he brought to the game was outlawed by a league-wide rule change one night later. Unless you consider rampant douchebaggery an NHL "innovation."

His trash talk is unparralleled. I think his ability to get inside players' heads was pretty awesome. It's all a part of the game IMO and I'd like to see more of that from the Hawks...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

This.

Plus, as the regular season numbers show, Q does his best to give Rundblad the easiest possible minutes by letting other D pairing handle the tougher assignments and by starting him in the offensive zone the vast majority of the time. How well Q is able to keep him away from Getzlaf and Perry will go a long way in this series.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
His trash talk is unparralleled. I think his ability to get inside players' heads was pretty awesome. It's all a part of the game IMO and I'd like to see more of that from the Hawks...

Yeah, I think we've reached the end of this nonsense now. Thanks for playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.