Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which shows why his +/- is where it is at.

Also shows that while Corsi is a tool to use, it is only that. Not the whole story and not even close to it.

The eye test doesn't fail. The Ducks aren't looking at Rundblad's +/- or his Corsi rating and thinking "we need to stay away from him". They are looking at the way he goes into corners afraid, the way he coughs up pucks when someone is physical with him, and the way he get burned one on ones and thinking "we need to get on his side of the ice every single time we can".

Please stop talking about stats and talk hockey only.

Thank you.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
But I thought Rundblad is terrible from reading the experts on this hockey message board?

Another shining example of how stubborn Q is with younger players and how stupid most posters here are.

He gets the benefit of some of the easiest minutes on the team and he was often paired with Duncan Keith on one of the best puck-possession teams in the league. It's hard to fail given that situation.

But there's a reason why he only played in 49 of 82 games in the regular season, and it wasn't an injury.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
He gets the benefit of some of the easiest minutes on the team and he was often paired with Duncan Keith on one of the best puck-possession teams in the league. It's hard to fail given that situation.

But there's a reason why he only played in 49 of 82 games in the regular season, and it wasn't an injury.

Yawn

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Please stop talking about stats and talk hockey only.

Thank you.

post-32617-STAHP-gif-big-Imgur-4bFo.gif

Also shows that while Corsi is a tool to use, it is only that. Not the whole story and not even close to it.

The eye test doesn't fail. The Ducks aren't looking at Rundblad's +/- or his Corsi rating and thinking "we need to stay away from him". They are looking at the way he goes into corners afraid, the way he coughs up pucks when someone is physical with him, and the way he get burned one on ones and thinking "we need to get on his side of the ice every single time we can".

It's been so long since he's played I've honestly forgotten what he looks like on the ice. I think I need to hunt down some regular season clips to remind myself.

I know it wasn't good, though.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I didn't watch many reg season games, but if you are attempting to say that Rundblad needs to be more physical I agree with you 100% I think ALL of the players on the Hawks are going to need to get ready to fuck some ducks up this series. They can't come out soft. It's going to be aggressive with the matchups in the first two games until Q figures out some dominant line combos and we are playing on enemy ice. I hope the fans travel well for these first two to show some support and get the players pumped up.

On a side note, anyone know who's singing the anthem there?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
post-32617-STAHP-gif-big-Imgur-4bFo.gif

It's been so long since he's played I've honestly forgotten what he looks like on the ice. I think I need to hunt down some regular season clips to remind myself.

I know it wasn't good, though.

Roszival played over him for a reason. Also, before everyone says it is because Q doesn't like young players...TVR played over him for a reason.

He skates like bambi. He has poor footwork...transitioning from forward to backward isn't at the NHL level (which is one of the simplest things). He gets beat wide. He gets knocked off the puck easily. He is very poor in the corners.

There are so many negatives...I just don't get why he is out there. I don't know if this is Bowman winning over Q, or what it is.

All that...and I honestly can say that I hope he has a great game 1 when he is out there. He has some skill, can move the puck at times, and his strongest point may be when he is the PP QB and can utilize that quick hard shot he has.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Roszival played over him for a reason. Also, before everyone says it is because Q doesn't like young players...TVR played over him for a reason.

He skates like bambi. He has poor footwork...transitioning from forward to backward isn't at the NHL level (which is one of the simplest things). He gets beat wide. He gets knocked off the puck easily. He is very poor in the corners.

There are so many negatives...I just don't get why he is out there. I don't know if this is Bowman winning over Q, or what it is.

All that...and I honestly can say that I hope he has a great game 1 when he is out there. He has some skill, can move the puck at times, and his strongest point may be when he is the PP QB and can utilize that quick hard shot he has.

We've seen players make huge strides when Stanley is on the line. Hopefully he steps up.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I didn't watch many reg season games, but if you are attempting to say that Rundblad needs to be more physical I agree with you 100% I think ALL of the players on the Hawks are going to need to get ready to fuck some ducks up this series. They can't come out soft. It's going to be aggressive with the matchups in the first two games until Q figures out some dominant line combos and we are playing on enemy ice. I hope the fans travel well for these first two to show some support and get the players pumped up.

On a side note, anyone know who's singing the anthem there?

Rundblad does not need to get more physical. He doesn't have the game to get more physical, and if he tries to go that route, he will be hurting the Blackhawks more than he is "helping". He needs to get better with taking physical play. I wouldn't call Oduya a physical player, but he is willing to take a hit to make a play, willing to get in the corner and come out with the puck, etc. Rundblad needs to step up big time and maybe he will. Some players just get it when their next contract is on the line, when this may be their last chance for a while, and when it is playoffs and the ultimate goal is so close.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't think the strides will be TOO huge. He is only 6'2".

That's pretty tall for a hockey player though right? I mean he's no Pronger, but he's no Kaner either...

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
okay, i just watched some tape on rundblad on my iphone and he is fucking terrible.

wow.

he plays like a woman in the corners, looks scared of contact, just awful. I can't believe he has such a high corsi rating. I agree with HawkyWriter - this dude can't play. Send him back to Rockford to get his shit together. Are the Hawks able to plug in some IceHogs in the post season?

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a kickass new avatar, HHM. Is that to show support for the Rangers in Game 7 tonight?

He is one of my favorite players of all time.

Variable

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why this is even that big a deal other than there being nothing to talk about. They lost their one of their worst d-men who played as many minutes as he did because they really didn't have any other choice and he's going to be replaced by another bad d-man, who hasn't played in months because he wasn't better than Rozi. They're in the same situation. He'll get sheltered minutes with Keith just like Rozi was and other than that Q will run the top 4 with Timonen sneaking on the ice every once in a while when Q isn't looking. That's the way it's going to be from here on out. They have no other choices.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why this is even that big a deal other than there being nothing to talk about. They lost their one of their worst d-men who played as many minutes as he did because they really didn't have any other choice and he's going to be replaced by another bad d-man, who hasn't played in months because he wasn't better than Rozi. They're in the same situation. He'll get sheltered minutes with Keith just like Rozi was and other than that Q will run the top 4 with Timonen sneaking on the ice every once in a while when Q isn't looking. That's the way it's going to be from here on out. They have no other choices.

So no IceHogs can step up and play? (sorry if that's a stupid question, just thinking outside the box)

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
okay, i just watched some tape on rundblad on my iphone and he is fucking terrible.

wow.

he plays like a woman in the corners, looks scared of contact, just awful. I can't believe he has such a high corsi rating. I agree with HawkyWriter - this dude can't play. Send him back to Rockford to get his shit together. Are the Hawks able to plug in some IceHogs in the post season?

Hard to watch just replays though and get a feeling on a player. They are usually going to be swayed towards the really bad or really good. Even Keith has some really bad moments that people can compile and I'm sure Rundblad has had some really good moments that can be compiled.

Luckily, we will all find out soon enough how Rundblad does. I'm hoping that he is ready...or that Timonen is ready to step up in a big way. Don't feel great that the Blackhawks currently have 4dmen that are "sure bets" out there. The top 4 can handle big minutes but it could catch up to them in the end.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
That's a kickass new avatar, HHM. Is that to show support for the Rangers in Game 7 tonight?

Jesus Christ, really? Fuck Sean Avery and everything about him.

Although that does explain a lot.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

Excellent post. Not sure what people are flipping their jizz over?

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

He's awesome, and I think you or another poster here turned me on to him. It's support for the Rangers AND it's inspiration for the level of viscious tenacity I'd like to see in the Blackhawks gameplan.

On another note, did you know he was a male model? Kind of a playboy too. Pretty cool

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Rozsival had a pretty decent playoffs for a #5 guy especially in the second round. Have to remember...he is a #5/6 guy, can't expect him to play like the other top guys out there. I don't think they are in the same position at all, there is a big dropoff from Rozi to Rundblad.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

That's about 90 percent of it, really.

But let's not forget that Rozi was actually playing well in the playoffs. Not great of course, but certainly good enough for 5th D-man. The question now is whether or not Rundblad or Timonen can match that. Not that the Hawks can't win without it, but it'd make thing significantly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.