(IST) WCF: (3) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (1) Anaheim Ducks

Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Variable

Liked Posts:
Anaheim has been a pretender the past couple years now. The series will probably still go 6 games, because hockey, but the Ducks haven't faced anyone like the Hawks in a 7 game series or in their division this past season. When they did in years past, they got bounced. The last couple years when they were winning the division, they were arguably the third best team in their own state.

They proved that in how they played in the playoffs. And now that they somehow swept Winnipeg while leading for practically NONE of the series and beat another overachieving, young undisciplined team in Calgary, that's changed? Nope. Hawks are going to the Final.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
We need the WCF to start pronto. This statistical shite is giving me a headache.

And NO team in the east has the defense and/or team defense to handle either the Hawks or the California raisins in a 7 game series.

And Lundqvist is overrated...as was Rinne...as was Dubnyk.

DUMMY ALERT!!!!

yeah I SAD IT SAMURAI!!!

lets throw down

TCD

Liked Posts:
These are arguably the best two teams in the West so its fitting they play each other for the cup appearance. Not the same Ducks team as previous seasons so not sure why anyone takes their previous playoffs and associate it with years. Again just the addition of Kesler makes them a different team. And if anyone has been paying attention to him these playoffs hes a leading candidate for the conn smyth. Yes they had an easier path to the conference final and yes their overall season record probably was influenced by playing some extra games against easier division teams. That doesnt mean the winners of the easier divisions never go to cup finals.

Hawks should win the series. Shoulds don't equal Will. A lot of shit can happen between these teams during a seven game series. One key injury can sway a series. One shit officiated game can swing a series. One goalie going to complete shit can swing a series. Hawks arent immune to these things. This is what playoffs is about!! And im pissed that it looks like we have to wait till Sunday to start this!!

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Thanks to Tampa taking care of business tonight, Friday COULD be game 1. I doubt it will, being that close to Wednesday and all but one could dream, right?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These are arguably the best two teams in the West so its fitting they play each other for the cup appearance. Not the same Ducks team as previous seasons so not sure why anyone takes their previous playoffs and associate it with years. Again just the addition of Kesler makes them a different team. And if anyone has been paying attention to him these playoffs hes a leading candidate for the conn smyth. Yes they had an easier path to the conference final and yes their overall season record probably was influenced by playing some extra games against easier division teams. That doesnt mean the winners of the easier divisions never go to cup finals.

Hawks should win the series. Shoulds don't equal Will. A lot of shit can happen between these teams during a seven game series. One key injury can sway a series. One shit officiated game can swing a series. One goalie going to complete shit can swing a series. Hawks arent immune to these things. This is what playoffs is about!! And im pissed that it looks like we have to wait till Sunday to start this!!

So you're saying that's why they play the games....

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
They do this year.

Agree.
But they need to not shit themselves against the Capitals tonight.

That was then this is now. I agree with you, last year the winner of Hawks/Kings was going to beat the winner of Habs/Rangers and it wouldn't be close. This year though, I think the Rangers and Lightning are a force to be reckoned with. I think the Hawks can beat them but they're not garbage. Caps and Habs aren't half bad either but I doubt either advances to the next round.
To the bolded:
I know. That's why I specifically stated last season.

I don't get why people in general are trying to talk up Nashville and Minnesota like some powerhouses the Hawks slayed while Anaheim was walking through Candyland facing Calgary and Winnipeg.

Agree with this too. Nashville was going to be successful if they could contain the Hawks offense, and hopefully get stellar performances out of Rinne, at the same time hoping Kane would not be a factor.

Minnesota was riding on one line of great D, but Suter didn't deliver, leaving Dubnyk to face shots like he did on his previous team. Kane was close to 100%.

It's an interesting point you bring up. Which team out of Calgary, Winnipeg, Nashville and Minnesota was the strongest opponent?

Last edited:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
so is the game on sunday or friday?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
so is the game on sunday or friday?

NHL radio was talking aboot a Sunday tilt for game 1, but nothing is in stone.
Maybe HawksWriter can debate with me about the start times too. :woot:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

There's an NHL RADIO??

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The things you are learning bout da hawky:yes:

when I'm able to cut through the mad jizz being spewed in the direction of my face by some posters on here, I'm picking up a lot of hockey knowledge. It's nice to expand horizons. I predict that by the time the Hawks win the cup this year that I will have mastered my knowledge of hockey.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Just here talking hockey while giving some other teams credit. If you came here to not talk hockey...well, I guess you are in the right place as of late with this forum.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just here talking hockey while giving some other teams credit. If you came here to not talk hockey...well, I guess you are in the right place as of late with this forum.

So u don't like stats? Myself and many others were posting a TON of stats yesterday.

If you came here not liking stats... well, I guess you are not in the right place as of late with this forum.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you're giving New York credit for last year, then you'll be in some lonely company. It's comparable to when New Jersey made it to the Final against LA.
The West has been stacked, with a few exceptions in the east.

The Rangers this season are a scary lot, which surprises me that Washington is handling them. So, kudos to the Caps for showing up.

I also don't get too worked up over a final that never existed. The Hawks faltered against the Kings, and being there in person when the GWG tallied in OT was enough for me. That was the first Final in nearly 20 years that I didn't watch a single minute of.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.