Who will win this matchup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've been banned before when someone created an alt during one of my bans that wasn't even me. They extended my ban by 2 weeks. So it DOES happen.

That's unfortunate. This site tends to punish people without hard evidence. How can they even prove you make an alt account?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
No such thing as a cakewalk in the NHL, especially in the playoffs. Every team in the East has a goalie that is capable of taking a series over. Still plenty of good teams left that can win four against the Blackhawks. I'm sure the Blackhawks are just focusing on winning four against the Ducks and I think they are certainly capable and will do that.

Disagree.
Sorry.
Last season, whoever won the west was winning the Cup. The Rangers didn't have a chance.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Disagree.
Sorry.
Last season, whoever won the west was winning the Cup. The Rangers didn't have a chance.

Oh, definitely.

Rangers are better this year. Or so I'd thought, until the first few games of that Caps series. Still think they win, but I'm not as worried about them as I was a few weeks ago.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
No such thing as a cakewalk in the NHL, especially in the playoffs. Every team in the East has a goalie that is capable of taking a series over. Still plenty of good teams left that can win four against the Blackhawks. I'm sure the Blackhawks are just focusing on winning four against the Ducks and I think they are certainly capable and will do that.

And the Blackhawks have made a habit of destroying teams in the playoffs with good/great goalies.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, definitely.

Rangers are better this year. Or so I'd thought, until the first few games of that Caps series. Still think they win, but I'm not as worried about them as I was a few weeks ago.

BGITW says hi.

5-1-2
.934 SV% 1.93 GAA in his career vs. Hawks.

Crawford vs. Rangers
1-2-1
.931 SV% 2.03 GAA

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
.003 percent difference, eh? You just made my argument for me.

Wat? Your argument was that the Hawks made goods goalies look bad. They clearly haven't in this case. Has nothing to do with Crawford.

I just added his stats because I'm such a great contributor to this forum and never get any credit. You're welcome.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Wat? Your argument was that the Hawks made goods goalies look bad. They clearly haven't in this case. Has nothing to do with Crawford.

It's in the playoffs when they do that. Just ask Jonathan Quick. And Pekka Rinne. And Tuuka Rask. And Roberto Luongo. And every other goalie that was supposed to be able to steal a series against the Hawks. Mike Smyth is the only that actually succeeded, but he did that against a shitty 2011 Blackhawks team.

The point I was going to make, which you made for me with those numbers you posted, is that the Rangers do not have enough of an advantage in net to make up for the advantage that the Hawks have at all of the other positions.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Disagree.
Sorry.

We have no way of knowing that. Could Lundqvist have stolen the first two games and given the Rangers a damn good chance? He certainly could have. A couple bounces here and a couple bounces there. Sure, if the Blackhawks play that series they probably win 7/10 times, but that means the Rangers still certainly have a chance.

The Blackhawks were the better team...but the better team doesn't always win. It happens. People around here fail to even acknowledge that.

EDIT: I suppose I rather focus on the Ducks though instead of something that could have happened but didn't or something that may happen this year in two weeks. Atleast it is hockey talk I suppose...

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:
It's in the playoffs when they do that. Just ask Jonathan Quick. And Pekka Rinne. And Tuuka Rask. And Roberto Luongo. And every other goalie that was supposed to be able to steal a series against the Hawks. Mike Smyth is the only that actually succeeded, but he did that against a shitty 2011 Blackhawks team.

The point I was going to make, which you made for me with those numbers you posted, is that the Rangers do not have enough of an advantage in net to make up for the advantage that the Hawks have at all of the other positions.

I know you're talking playoffs but let's take a look at career numbers against the Hawks for the other goalies you mentioned.

Quick
7-14-1
.908 & 2.84

Rinne
14-11-4
.918 & 2.54

Rask
2-1-1
.937 & 1.76

Luongo
15-12-4
.929 & 2.22

Only one that compares is Rask during regular season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We have no way of knowing that. Could Lundqvist have stolen the first two games and given the Rangers a damn good chance? He certainly could have. A couple bounces here and a couple bounces there. Sure, if the Blackhawks play that series they probably win 7/10 times, but that means the Rangers still certainly have a chance.

The Blackhawks were the better team...but the better team doesn't always win. It happens. People around here fail to even acknowledge that.

And you fail to grasp that we're not being literal. You love arguing semantics. Yeah, sure, the Rangers had a certain mathematical probability that they could win. Perhaps Henrik could've went nuts. Perhaps Toews or Kane would've got hurt. Perhaps the Blackhawks would've all contracted AIDS at the same time and been forced to forfeit the series.

The point of what BHP (and everyone else) is saying that the Blackhawks and the Kings were, by far, the superior team to the Rangers last year and that any 7-game series between the teams would've ended up in favor of the Western Conference series representatives.

Note: "Any series" is not meant to exclude unforeseen circumstances such as players incredibly over-performing or acts of God on behalf of the Rangers.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disagree.
Sorry.

That was then this is now. I agree with you, last year the winner of Hawks/Kings was going to beat the winner of Habs/Rangers and it wouldn't be close. This year though, I think the Rangers and Lightning are a force to be reckoned with. I think the Hawks can beat them but they're not garbage. Caps and Habs aren't half bad either but I doubt either advances to the next round.

I'm confused. You say Hawks dominate good goalies than you list playoff fuckups Rinne and Luongo.

Chief Walking Stick

Donator
Liked Posts:

EDIT: I suppose I rather focus on the Ducks though instead of something that could have happened but didn't or something that may happen this year in two weeks. Atleast it is hockey talk I suppose...

Crawford vs. Ducks
9-4-1
1.88 GAA .926 SV%

Andersen vs. Hawks
0-2-0
3.52 GAA .900 SV%

Status
Not open for further replies.