It's official: Cutler is starting

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
can you imagine this board if the Bears lose. even if its not Cutlers fault. Ugh people are going to flip their shit

this is a very tough spot for cutler to be in. but he gets paid handsomly, im not feeling sorry for him. but im sure he will be rusty the first few series or couple qtrs

discplayer

Liked Posts:
You cannot look at the past. This decision is about moving forward.

The turnovers are an issue and that is an area where he needs to improve. The same way we have seen Alshon improve his understanding of the offense, Long's pass blocking, Mils recognition.

If Cutler struggles in the next 3 games then I will drive him to Nashville.

We are handing him the keys to a humming Ferrari that McCown has been racing around the track with, if he fails there will be no excuses.

But why do people think that he is going to fail? And you cannot reference anything other than 2013. Because the last time he had this talent he was a Pro Bowler in Denver.

well, i can't argue with you there, Windy... you're right. well put.

jc456

Liked Posts:
So Cutler has beaten 1 legit defense to McCowns 0?

It is one more than the great and powerful McCown has won. You know the one with the two loses as starter, the one with a 3 and 2 record.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
can you imagine this board if the Bears lose. even if its not Cutlers fault. Ugh people are going to flip their shit

this is a very tough spot for cutler to be in. but he gets paid handsomly, im not feeling sorry for him. but im sure he will be rusty the first few series or couple qtrs

Why, we lost with McCown at qb....shit happens and sometimes its not the QBs fault.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He just explained that Cutler played the more difficult defenses which is true. McCown had the game of his life against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. It's great for Josh but it's not a typical game for him. Let's keep shit real here is all I am saying.

Spartan was ready to sign Matt Flynn when he played the one great game he had. What did the Packers do after that great game Flynn had? They put Rodgers back in.
Spartan would sign a squirrel over Cutler, so Spartan is a poor example.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Cowboys fans hate Tony Romo. They HATE him. And yet he's a strong quarterback. I hope the Bear faithful aren't that football stupid. I know i'm going to be wrong.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Cutler has beaten legitimate defenses with no offensive line in the past. There really is no comparison. McCown hasn't beaten anyone.

Can we retroactively apply those wins to this year? Anyway those wins can replace the NO and 2 Detroit losses? I'm not going to try and make a case that McCown is better than Cutler, but there is no denying that he is playing well in both the losses and wins. Before the season started I didn't have any confidence in McCown, but he is playing efficient football and is putting up points. So there is a very good case as to why many fans would like to roll with McCown. So you can try and diminish how he has been playing all you want but the fact still remains that a 34 year old QB who was out of the NFL 2 years ago is playing the best football of his career.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
It is one more than the great and powerful McCown has won. You know the one with the two loses as starter, the one with a 3 and 2 record.

So our porous defense had nothing to do with any of the losses we had this year?

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
Can we retroactively apply those wins to this year? Anyway those wins can replace the NO and 2 Detroit losses? I'm not going to try and make a case that McCown is better than Cutler, but there is no denying that he is playing well in both the losses and wins. Before the season started I didn't have any confidence in McCown, but he is playing efficient football and is putting up points. So there is a very good case as to why many fans would like to roll with McCown. So you can try and diminish how he has been playing all you want but the fact still remains that a 34 year old QB who was out of the NFL 2 years ago is playing the best football of his career.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great story, and I'd rather see them win than lose.

I feel bad for the McCown supporters. There's no way they can win the argument. Even if Cutler walks, McCown is still somebody's backup. Still, they try to argue why a 35+ McCown is some great option for the future. It's sad they are that football stupid.

jc456

Liked Posts:
So Cutler has beaten 1 legit defense to McCowns 0?

I picked the team that is now 9-4, where a team McCown lost to was 2 -8 and 1. And then beat the Cowboys with a worse defense than the 2-8 and 1 team. And the defense that gave up 328 yards to Calvin Johnson. At home.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He had a HC coaching his first NFL game, a right side of the line playing their first games of their careers and guys who were still learning.

This offense is different and better than it was in week 1 and it has nothing to do with the QB.

The other 11 players, the coach and the scheme have improved.

I like the bolded...I do think McCown stepped in and improved the QB play.

Will be interesting to see if Cutler can actually continue that level of play.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
So our porous defense had nothing to do with any of the losses we had this year?

If you have Matt Forte, Brandon Marshall, Alshon Jeffery, and company on your offense, you absolutely HAVE to score more than 20 on the Vikings.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
They scored 23 points? There's something wrong if you have gaudy pass numbers and can't score more than 23 points. McCown isn't good enough.

Substitute the Saints game this year

jc456

Liked Posts:
Not to take away from McCown's play, but this says a lot about the HC who put him in a position to play that well.