It's official: Cutler is starting

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Why is Jay not emotionally resillient, please provide evidence?

This is a different offense than it was when Cutler played and McCown has looked good because we have a bad ass coach and sick weapons.

Cutler will look really good because we have a bad as coach and some sick weapons.

but Jay had the very same bad ass coach and sick weapons when he was under center that Josh has had.

Love Da Bears

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter if he plays for minimum wage, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN WITH. What part of that do you not understand?

This is strictly your opinion and I fear that you are losing your 'Captain Objectivity' moniker. Cutler is not a world beater, that's clear. But the club of Superbowl winning QBs is littered with people with stats very similar to Cutler's. Eli Manning (both times) and Joe Flacco are the most obvious ones in recent memory. In both of Manning's wins and Flacco's they went on ridiculous runs at the right time. Here's a list of all the Superbowl winning Qbs going back to 2007, including Cutler's lines from his last two full completed seasons.

He's definitely good enough to win with. Doesn't mean it will happen, every year the winner usually tends to go on a ridiculous run in the playoffs. There's nothing that says Cutler can't do that.

Hate him all you want, that's fine. There are plenty of reasons to do so. But saying "HE"S NOT GOOD ENOUGHT O WIN WITH." is not a correct statement.

Completions Attempts Completion % Yards Tds Ints Sack Rating

Cutler '12 255 434 58.8 3,033 19 14 38 81.3
Cutler '10 261 432 60.4 3,274 23 16 52 86.3
Flacco '12 290 488 59.4 3,238 18 17 41 77
Rodgers ' 10 312 475 65.7 3,922 28 11 31 101.2
Brees 09 363 514 70.6 4,388 34 11 20 109.6
Big Ben '08 337 506 66.6 4,328 26 12 50 100.5
Manning '11 359 589 61 4,933 29 16 28 92.9
Manning '07 297 529 56.1 3,336 23 20 27 73.9

Edit: Sorry dudes, I tried real hard to line all this shit up...just isn't in the cards I guess.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Haha I think you underestimate the fanboys. There will be excuses a'plenty, I assure you.

Not from me.

Everything is in place right now for him to be successful. That does not mean he needs to put up 400 yards and 5 TDs.

But I will be disappointed if he does not have an efficent and productive game against the Browns and if he turns the ball over a bunch against the Eagles I will warm up the car.

But I see no reason why he would struggle I saw the signs of growth from him early on when the offense was not clicking like this.

peoriabear#1

Liked Posts:
I would go with the hoy hand and that is Mcknown, but I this is about next year and if we keep Cutler. I am a huge Jay fan, but I am a bigger Bears fan. He must play under control. My brother in law told me to look up Jay's scouting reports, it was crazy. They mentioned his big arm, poor mechanics at times, and tendencies to try to force it and get picked. They basically said it would not change in the n f l so far it has been very much dead on. I hope he tears it up, we will see.

jc456

Liked Posts:
but Jay had the very same bad ass coach and sick weapons when he was under center that Josh has had.

Yes he did and survived that. McCown went to highschool and became a coach due to that coaching staff back then. Look at Josh now. Wow what a difference an O-line and talent can do for a QB. You act like Cutler didn't win a game you ass.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
No one wants to address McCown's 2-11 third down performance against the Vikings.

No one wants to discuss his 8-11 third down performance against the Cowboys and him scoring on every possession (minus the kneel down to end the game)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He had a HC coaching his first NFL game, a right side of the line playing their first games of their careers and guys who were still learning.

This offense is different and better than it was in week 1 and it has nothing to do with the QB.

The other 11 players, the coach and the scheme have improved.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

No matter how many times people claim this, it doesn't change that McCown hasn't beaten anyone important with a good defense.

jc456

Liked Posts:
His entire career has been growing pains.

11 turnovers to McCown's 2. I don't see it changing. It's who he is.
Who was the QB that beat the Bengals in week one? What is the Bengal's record today? Or are you going to spit out some lame it was the first game of the year bullcrap?

Run the ball

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's strange that Cutler has so many sincere supporters who simultaneously don't seem to really believe that he'll outperform perpetual journeyman Josh McCown. Yeah we hear the stuff about Cutler being so talented, but you don't see much confidence in him actually producing.

Is he going to come in and play better than McCown or not? And if he doesn't it'll be clear that he's not the guy right? Three games seems like a fair shot. Or do we just keep moving those goal posts for Cutler indefinitely?

This is where I'm at too, 3 game final audition. Do good and stay or shit to bed and listen to country music full time.

I hope it's either or and not just flashes of goodness but overall avg performances.

With that said, Go Bears!!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is where I'm at too, 3 game final audition. Do good and stay or shit to bed and listen to country music full time.

I hope it's either or and not just flashes of goodness but overall avg performances.

With that said, Go Bears!!

This is really what it boils down to.

If he sucks with the offense that he is being handed than we know the improvement in the offense is related to McCown.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
And he has mastered the offense and he has improved under Trestman's tutelage. Here is a crazy idea maybe he was not as open early on because he was learning the offense.

McCown did not magically come in and make everyone better.

Hard work, good coaching and time improved the offense and McCown and Cutler will both reap the benefits.

um, yeah, he kinda did, Windy.

spreading the ball around more while also taking better care of it. also looking other receivers' way, rather than locking in on Marshall so much.

oh, and he actually goes through progressions more fully than Jay, and -- get this -- actually does throw pump fakes, something Jay NEVER does, which is mind-boggling at this point in a QB's career. it's a huge weapon that works, but no QB coach has ever been able to change that in Jay, and i don't see Trestman being the one to help him realize that he can freeze defenders by using that every now and again, at least.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I predict we win and people still bitch about his performance. Then again who am I kidding. People will bitch regardless of the outcome.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Who was the QB that beat the Bengals in week one? What is the Bengal's record today? Or are you going to spit out some lame it was the first game of the year bullcrap?

So Cutler has beaten 1 legit defense to McCowns 0?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Per 85% here as well. Josh split the rest with 'whomever'?

jc456

Liked Posts:
nope. just not that confident in his being what he could and should be by this time in his career, or that he'll ever be... too much evidence to the contrary, i'm afraid.

if Jay plays like Josh has been under Trestman and this offense than i'll be the fan of Cutler i always hoped to be. but let's just say i'm skeptical.
It was nice that Josh played as well as Jay.

You act like the guy Cutler never won a game before. You act like McCown never lost one. Why not give the head coach that has this team at 7-6 with all of the injuries, some credit for knowing his team. Instead, you beat his ass up all day here. Nice fan you are.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
So Cutler has beaten 1 legit defense to McCowns 0?

Cutler has beaten legitimate defenses with no offensive line in the past. There really is no comparison. McCown hasn't beaten anyone.