It's official: Cutler is starting

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Glad to watch a non-scrub QB play for our Bears now and in the future. McCown had a cute run, but he is back to where he belongs. He has extended his backup career another year or two. I am sure that is all he could ask for.

beargoggles

Liked Posts:
We should all just toast to the fact that we don't have Caleb Hanie as our backup anymore!

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Yes and the same point you just made about Jay Cutler applies to Josh McCown throughout his entire career. At no point has Josh McCown had the same supporting cast in his career that he has now. McCown's body of works consists of stints with the worst franchises in the NFL Cardinals, Raiders and Lions. The games McCown has started have been with the Cardinals (minus Fitzgerald and Boldin) and with the Raiders who have been god awful for 12 years.

Both QBs have played at nearly the same level when they have been starters in the NFL with equally shitty supporting casts. Now McCown has a better supporting cast and he's playing up to his potential....but in your mind he's playing above his head because you know he's always had great WRs to throw to everywhere else.
where the fuck are you getting this from?

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
except that he's already had MORE time with Cutler than he has w/McCown, and yet McCown has played better in this offense. kind of an irrelevant point, really. Cutler should have been lighting it up already if he is superior to Josh, shouldn't he?

So, are you trying to say that the rest of the team had already mastered the offense since the first game of the year? Jay was the only one behind? Cmon now.. isnt a new offense suppose to get better each game? i think the other 10 players have a lot more to do with it

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
except that he's already had MORE time with Cutler than he has w/McCown, and yet McCown has played better in this offense. kind of an irrelevant point, really. Cutler should have been lighting it up already if he is superior to Josh, shouldn't he?

It takes time for an offense to come together. It grows every week.

Kyle Long is playing better in week 14 than he was in week 1.
Alshon Jeffery has improved from week 1 to week 14.
Marc Trestman has gotten more familiar and comfortable with his players from week 1 to week 14.

And this can be said for every player and the scheme, if it had not improved throughout the season we would have a serious problem.

Lets see what Cutler does with the week 15 version of Trestman's offense.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In this offense he isn't even as good as Josh, no. I promise you that you will realize that over the next couple of weeks.

Only three more craptastic games from the loser to bear. Then it will finally be time to toast his long overdue departure.

You just hate him because he keeps making Hub's inside info look so very bad.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
Like i said before and i will say it again

"Cutler was on pace to put up the best numbers of his career! Not sure what you are talking about or trying to make up.. Its the first year of a new good offense and it was only going to get better. The other 10 playeres with Josh are also getting better in this new system.... Cutler was 4-3 exlcuding the Washington game and McCown is 3-3 excluding the Lions game so for you to say he has outplayed cutler is BULLSHIT! "

What more has Josh done than Jay this season besides less turnovers?

more yards, more TD's by far (actually same number but in 3 fewer games), far fewer punts, fewer 3 and outs and moved the ball more efficiently... oh, and not gotten injured - in yet again unexplained, phantom ways that no one can see.

emotionally speaking, Josh is a grown man... Jay is a large boy, not emotionally resilient, and, i fear, that is eventually what will be his final legacy: never really grew up; too immature to truly succeed at this level.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. McCown having a career year, but lets go with the guy who hasn't been playing.
Are you rooting for Cutler or you going to go onto your pity pot and hope they lose and Cutler looks bad. Right? that's the kind of fan you are.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In this offense he isn't even as good as Josh, no. I promise you that you will realize that over the next couple of weeks.

Only three more craptastic games from the loser to bear. Then it will finally be time to toast his long overdue departure.

If he sucks the next 3 games then we will probbaly see him moved in the offseason.

But I have no reason to think that just because McCown was playing well that Cutler will play poorly. Cutler was playing well before he got hurt and he was going through the growing pains with the offense.

What have people seen this season that makes you think that Cutler will play poorly?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
EDUB,

What is the deal with that huge ass picture?

jc456

Liked Posts:
more yards, more TD's by far (actually same number but in 3 fewer games), far fewer punts, fewer 3 and outs and moved the ball more efficiently... oh, and not gotten injured - in yet again unexplained, phantom ways that no one can see.

emotionally speaking, Josh is a grown man... Jay is a large boy, not emotionally resilient, and, i fear, that is eventually what will be his final legacy: never really grew up; too immature to truly succeed at this level.
So you're rooting against Cutler right?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
It takes time for an offense to come together. It grows every week.

Kyle Long is playing better in week 14 than he was in week 1.
Alshon Jeffery has improved from week 1 to week 14.
Marc Trestman has gotten more familiar and comfortable with his players from week 1 to week 14.

And this can be said for every player and the scheme, if it had not improved throughout the season we would have a serious problem.

Lets see what Cutler does with the week 15 version of Trestman's offense.

Yeah Alshon Jeffery has improved, because someone is ACTUALLY throwing him the football now.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...osh-mccown-right-for-bears-now-and-for-future

Jay Cutler over Josh McCown right for Bears, now and long term

Adam Schein
NFL Media columnist
Jay Cutler must be healthy. The ankle and groin must have checked out. He worked out for the coaches and medical staff, and he must have passed the tests. Because on Thursday, Marc Trestman announced Cutler will start for the Chicago Bears in Week 15.

This was a no-brainer, a big win for Trestman, the Bears, sanity and solid logic.

More in link...

Cutler fluff piece...This coming from a Cutler fan.

I agree. Cutler needs to start. Why? Because if he goes out over the next 3 weeks and throws 3 TD, 8 INTs, and 500 yards total passing he needs to be let go. Now conversely if he comes closer to say 7TDs, 2 INTs and 800+ yards passing I'd be all for signing him long time.

Cutler has 3 games to prove he is worthy of signing a long term deal. We aren't going to win the Super Bowl this year, it is a wash. But we can find out if Cutler is truly worthy of franchise QB money in the last 3 weeks.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Why is Jay not emotionally resillient, please provide evidence?

This is a different offense than it was when Cutler played and McCown has looked good because we have a bad ass coach and sick weapons.

Cutler will look really good because we have a bad as coach and some sick weapons.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Listen, there is no doubt in my mind that Jay Cutler is a much more talented QB than Josh McCown. But who is playing better right now? The answer is McCown. Plain and simple. With Jay coming off an injury, and with the division riding these last three games, I'd rather go with the hot hand and that is McCown.

I don't think that is an unreasonable suggestion on my part.

I know Emery already said he wouldn't do this, but I'd franchise Cutler, draft a QB early and groom him for a year. Cut ties with Cutler next year and let the new guy work under Trestman.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he sucks the next 3 games then we will probbaly see him moved in the offseason.

But I have no reason to think that just because McCown was playing well that Cutler will play poorly. Cutler was playing well before he got hurt and he was going through the growing pains with the offense.

His entire career has been growing pains.

What have people seen this season that makes you think that Cutler will play poorly?

11 turnovers to McCown's 2. I don't see it changing. It's who he is.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Jay was 4-4 as a starter and it's not about regular season wins. It's about key wins and beyond the regular season and that's where Jay has been a Fail with a capital F. Do you want to sign a long term contract for a QB who has helped your main rivals more than his own team?
It's not my money and it ain't yours.