It's official: Cutler is starting

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who has put up the better numbers?

I think the arguments is that he has put up better numbers against weaker defenses with a better and more developed offense.

And really the numbers that matter are wins and losses and in that they are both pretty equal.

What would McCown's numbers have been against the Bengals and Saints defenses?

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
It doesn't matter if he plays for minimum wage, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN WITH. What part of that do you not understand?

Bearmick, whats your argument here? that Jay is not better than McCown or he isnt good? Not good enough to win with, He was having a winning season before he went down...

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What excuses? Facts are facts.

McCown is a scrub playing well over his head
Cutler is not
Cutler has gone up agsainst mostly very good defenses
McCown has been going up against mainly poor defenses

facts

McCown has never had Brandon Marshall Matt Forte Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett to throw the ball to. He's played for the Panthers, Lions, Cardinals, Raiders. He started for the Cardinals and Raiders...show me at what point in his career did McCown have anywhere near the level of a supporting cast that he has now.

If you can make the supporting cast argument for Cutler you can make the same argument for McCown in his career.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Bearmick, whats your argument here? that Jay is not better than McCown or he isnt good? Not good enough to win with, He was having a winning season before he went down...

I think bearmick got some sand in his Vag, he is getting angry rather than thinking clearly.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
McCown has never had Brandon Marshall Matt Forte Alshon Jeffery and Martellus Bennett to throw the ball to. He's played for the Panthers, Lions, Cardinals, Raiders. He started for the Cardinals and Raiders...show me at what point in his career did McCown have anywhere near the level of a supporting cast that he has now.

If you can make the supporting cast argument for Cutler you can make the same argument for McCown in his career.

People have made that argument. It's been a more efficient O all around due to better talent and coaching.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay was 4-4 as a starter and it's not about regular season wins. It's about key wins and beyond the regular season and that's where Jay has been a Fail with a capital F. Do you want to sign a long term contract for a QB who has helped your main rivals more than his own team?

EDUB316

Liked Posts:

What supporting cast argument? Cutler had the worst supporting cast in the NFL damn near every year as a Bears at almost every level of offense and his worst season was better than McCown's best. Cutler is a better player, period. Trestman knows this, which is why Cutler is playing. If McCown were clearly better and we are better off without him and drafting a QB while keeping McCown as a starter, Cutler wouldn't be playing. I feel very confident that I am correct considering an offensive mind like Mark Trestman agrees.

I mean, you can deny all you want. Facts are facts. Cutler haters are going to have to live with it.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a lot of butt hurt on the forum right now. If you are a true Brears fan imo you will root for Cutler to succeed. If he fails the next three games, the decision to franchise tag or move on will have to be made. If he succeeds then the decision to commit to will probably have to be made.....it will be clearer in about 3 and a half weeks......

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
There is a lot of butt hurt on the forum right now. If you are a true Brears fan imo you will root for Cutler to succeed. If he fails the next three games, the decision to franchise tag or move on will have to be made. If he succeeds then the decision to commit to will probably have to be made.....it will be clearer in about 3 and a half weeks......

No there isn't. You only wish there was.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
How many players reach their potential with incompetent coaching [Turner, Martz, Tice] and a terrible supporting cast [Webb, Omiyale, Hester, Knox, Davis]?

Give Trestman some time to work with Cutler because if he can take a career back up in McCown and have people thinking he is a star give him a season with Cutler and see the magic that happens.

except that he's already had MORE time with Cutler than he has w/McCown, and yet McCown has played better in this offense. kind of an irrelevant point, really. Cutler should have been lighting it up already if he is superior to Josh, shouldn't he?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
your mom is a whore what part of that do you not understand?

Yawn.

For someone who hates gays so much your tongue is buried pretty far in Cutler's asshole.

beargoggles

Liked Posts:

Thats what Im saying.. Alot of these guys though were Cutler fans until Josh started having his career year. Now everybody wants to give Cutler the boot. IMO we see what Jay does if it's not better than what Josh did than I'm sure Trestman knows what to do.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
When a player actually gets "destroyed" from boo birds, this point will be relevant.

Nope. Still waiting.

Really? I mean...really? Do you really not understand the point? Do you not remember Rex Grossman? I guess not since you are a Texan fan.

You've probably been too busy burning your QBs jersey and sending him death threats.

:gtfo:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

In this offense he isn't even as good as Josh, no. I promise you that you will realize that over the next couple of weeks.

Only three more craptastic games from the loser to bear. Then it will finally be time to toast his long overdue departure.

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Jay was 4-4 as a starter and it's not about regular season wins. It's about key wins and beyond the regular season and that's where Jay has been a Fail with a capital F. Do you want to sign a long term contract for a QB who has helped your main rivals more than his own team?

So this is where everythig gets all fucked up. you are all comparing McCown to Cutler with all the weapons that are now here on this team. How does that even make sense? There were none of these weapons or offense in the past. So we need to just focus on this year now. Cutler did what he could with the worst OL and WR in the league until now.. We need to base it on this year if you are going to compare the 2. Both are a .500 until now, lets see what happens...

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
except that he's already had MORE time with Cutler than he has w/McCown, and yet McCown has played better in this offense. kind of an irrelevant point, really. Cutler should have been lighting it up already if he is superior to Josh, shouldn't he?

he has had equal time with both, what are you talking about? Did McCown have to go through early season growing pains vs top defenses? Has McCown not had damn hear every HORRIBLE throw get bailed out? Like I said. Trestman hath spoken. You suckas lose.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
What supporting cast argument? Cutler had the worst supporting cast in the NFL damn near every year as a Bears at almost every level of offense and his worst season was better than McCown's best. Cutler is a better player, period. Trestman knows this, which is why Cutler is playing. If McCown were clearly better and we are better off without him and drafting a QB while keeping McCown as a starter, Cutler wouldn't be playing. I feel very confident that I am correct considering an offensive mind like Mark Trestman agrees.

I mean, you can deny all you want. Facts are facts. Cutler haters are going to have to live with it.

Yes and the same point you just made about Jay Cutler applies to Josh McCown throughout his entire career. At no point has Josh McCown had the same supporting cast in his career that he has now. McCown's body of works consists of stints with the worst franchises in the NFL Cardinals, Raiders and Lions. The games McCown has started have been with the Cardinals (minus Fitzgerald and Boldin) and with the Raiders who have been god awful for 12 years.

Both QBs have played at nearly the same level when they have been starters in the NFL with equally shitty supporting casts. Now McCown has a better supporting cast and he's playing up to his potential....but in your mind he's playing above his head because you know he's always had great WRs to throw to everywhere else.