It's official: Cutler is starting

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
A career scrub who is playing the best football of his career, while learning a new offense for the 9th time in his career. The same amount of time learning this new one as Jay Cutler.
same amount of time without having to go through as many growing pains going up against the best defenses in the NFL? I'll take the proven non-scrub vs the well-known scrub. Again. Common sense.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Well, the more games of this nightmare and it'll all be over. In the event that he starts and finishes all three, I guarantee there will be at least, at LEAST one multi-turnover performance. I'm not expecting Josh McCown numbers out of the guy as far as TD-INT goes but he better not screw this up badly.

Better not? or what?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Cutler hasn't had much of a chance to continue playing with the current situation, so how the hell is anoyone going to know for sure? Sure as hell not going to be found out be forcing him on the bench for the sake of a career scrub on a non-SB contending team.

Once you've been reduced to making excuses for Jay Cutler, your argument is over you can shut up and go away now.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
Once you've been reduced to making excuses for Jay Cutler, your argument is over you can shut up and go away now.
What excuses? Facts are facts.

McCown is a scrub playing well over his head
Cutler is not
Cutler has gone up agsainst mostly very good defenses
McCown has been going up against mainly poor defenses

facts

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Can I just say, its fun that what started out as messageboard fights is now in the media. Seems Chicago is a very hot topic right now and EVERYONE and their mother is weighing in for or against Cutler.

Yet for all of us who have been doing this since October when McCown first took over, this all feels very very OLD.

Its kind of funny, yet wearying to see all the national Journalists behind the curve on this one and only now starting to catch up.

The one notable thing though is this - now that its known Chicago has an offense - we're finally starting to see the press that we're used to other teams getting and tend to be jealous of. It'll be interesting now to see how FANS react to the national media paying extra close attention to the Bears...

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmm, how many skinny white guys play for the bears? Cunte?

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
yes, you should be very proud of yourself

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes

Like i said before and i will say it again

"Cutler was on pace to put up the best numbers of his career! Not sure what you are talking about or trying to make up.. Its the first year of a new good offense and it was only going to get better. The other 10 playeres with Josh are also getting better in this new system.... Cutler was 4-3 exlcuding the Washington game and McCown is 3-3 excluding the Lions game so for you to say he has outplayed cutler is BULLSHIT! "

What more has Josh done than Jay this season besides less turnovers?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
same amount of time without having to go through as many growing pains going up against the best defenses in the NFL? I'll take the proven non-scrub vs the well-known scrub. Again. Common sense.
Who has put up the better numbers?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Or Trestman might see him for the loser he is. We can only hope.

LOL, it doesn't really sound like it to me after hearing his interview. I think you and a few others better get used to the fact that he is going to be here for a while. The rest of us reading posts on this forum need to seek some ibuprofen lmao.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They can still adress the D while keeping cutler. They won't have to pay him a ton more than what he is making now and there is A LOT of money off the books. Plus, we won't have to invest a draft pick on a QB who may ride the bench for a year and has a higher bust potential than a defensive player.

It doesn't matter if he plays for minimum wage, HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WIN WITH. What part of that do you not understand?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
Who has put up the better numbers?

He just explained that Cutler played the more difficult defenses which is true. McCown had the game of his life against one of the worst defenses in the NFL. It's great for Josh but it's not a typical game for him. Let's keep shit real here is all I am saying.

Spartan was ready to sign Matt Flynn when he played the one great game he had. What did the Packers do after that great game Flynn had? They put Rodgers back in.