It's official: Cutler is starting

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
I admit a certain part of me looks forward to the cat-fighting and vagina-gnashing that is about to ensue

:jackson:

Can not agree with you there.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
He should and will do better than how mccown did vs the only good defense he has played this year.

We'll see EDUB.

I am just tired of hoping he reaches his potential. He's 30 fucking years old. He is in his prime right now. If it doesn't come together now, then it won't later. And paying him a large amount of money hoping it clicks for him down the line(as he gets older) would be a waste. This is a crucial stretch. He could blow it up and we still not make the playoffs, but atleast we know what the potential outlook for him going forward in Trestman's offense. But he HAS to play well....

BEARS

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
?????????????????????????????Why are Cutler fanboys all so stupid?

I got the quote, in return, I would ask you "Why are you always so critical?"

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thanks Josh, go Cutler......just want victories....

JoSeCuERvO

CBMB Crossover
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Orlando City SC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I think this is the wrong decision, again by our new coach. Here is why. Cleveland has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. No way Cutler or McCown are going to light them up. What will happen is after the game people will complain about how we didn't score 45 points, or some other stat win or lose. It would have been best to start McCown this week, if he struggles bring Cutler in at the half or next week.

Benching the NFC offensive player of the week after he led your team to points with every single possession on MNF is a lose/lose situation. That being said I still think Cutler gives us the best chance to win against elite defensive competition so I applaud the move. However I will no doubt be in the minority, win or lose, come Sunday night.

Man, i really cant argue with any of the points you made here. If the bears lose it will backfire but in the end, he is putting the right guy in for a chance to win this game.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I think this is the wrong decision, again by our new coach. Here is why. Cleveland has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. No way Cutler or McCown are going to light them up. What will happen is after the game people will complain about how we didn't score 45 points, or some other stat win or lose. It would have been best to start McCown this week, if he struggles bring Cutler in at the half or next week.

Benching the NFC offensive player of the week after he led your team to points with every single possession on MNF is a lose/lose situation. That being said I still think Cutler gives us the best chance to win against elite defensive competition so I applaud the move. However I will no doubt be in the minority, win or lose, come Sunday night.

He's got 3 games. If he comes back and is only so-so against the Browns he'll have a couple more games to prove why he should be the teams starter next year. What he can't have is one of his meltdown games with redzone INTs, fumble-6's, and no offense for three quarters. If he performs at least as well as the backup has there should be no problem.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This offense is hitting stride and adding a more talented player is not going to dirupt that.

If Marshall has been out for 6 weeks and Earl Bennett had torn it up I would still want Marshall back because if Bennett can tear it up imagine what Marshall can do in the same situation.

There will be some rust, but I expect Cutler will have a really good game.

Stop being rational

beargoggles

Liked Posts:
Alot of people betting on Cutler to get hurt just to see McGown back in the game is ridiculous. Now that he's back at his starting spot I wish him the best and hope he does well. But if he struggles and starts throwing picks I have no problem with taking him out of the game. I am Cutler fan but I am more of a Bear fan so if he can't help this team win than he gotta go.

Go Bears!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We'll see EDUB.

I am just tired of hoping he reaches his potential. He's 30 fucking years old. He is in his prime right now. If it doesn't come together now, then it won't later. And paying him a large amount of money hoping it clicks for him down the line(as he gets older) would be a waste. This is a crucial stretch. He could blow it up and we still not make the playoffs, but atleast we know what the potential outlook for him going forward in Trestman's offense. But he HAS to play well....

BEARS

How many players reach their potential with incompetent coaching [Turner, Martz, Tice] and a terrible supporting cast [Webb, Omiyale, Hester, Knox, Davis]?

Give Trestman some time to work with Cutler because if he can take a career back up in McCown and have people thinking he is a star give him a season with Cutler and see the magic that happens.

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
K5bhGa8.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shooting for the first half to play it safe.

This is the rational argument against Cutler.

If he gets hurt again we need to seriously look at moving on because the injuries are adding up.