Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Want him to be bad? No I'm counting on him to be Jay Cutler...

We've seen about 5 games where Jay has been well protected. I'm counting on some big throws and a Bears W.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
This offense won't skip a beat with Jay. The haters know this, they just won't admit it.
I just don't get this statement. Why shouldn't a starting quarterback be expected to come in without the offense skipping a beat? Why shouldn't people be expecting him to outplay his backup?

Question is: can you say that he has this year?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just don't get this statement. Why shouldn't a starting quarterback be expected to come in without the offense skipping a beat? Why shouldn't people be expecting him to outplay his backup?

Not yet.

(I hope.)

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

100% correct. He's the better player and the "franchise" qb right? So Cutler defenders THEMSELVES hold him to that standard, so should everyone else. He SHOULD outperform McCown's numbers easily....

BEARS

Rise

Liked Posts:
I think this is the wrong decision, again by our new coach. Here is why. Cleveland has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. No way Cutler or McCown are going to light them up. What will happen is after the game people will complain about how we didn't score 45 points, or some other stat win or lose. It would have been best to start McCown this week, if he struggles bring Cutler in at the half or next week.

Benching the NFC offensive player of the week after he led your team to points with every single possession on MNF is a lose/lose situation. That being said I still think Cutler gives us the best chance to win against elite defensive competition so I applaud the move. However I will no doubt be in the minority, win or lose, come Sunday night.

Saluki

Liked Posts:
In all seriousness though, if he's coming back this season this is the best time.
I'd rather him come back against the Browns, where we can win while he gets back in rhythm, than come back agaisnt Philly or GB, or against the WC team if we make it that far. This is the smart play if the coaches were intent on him inserting him back into the lineup, which they clearly were.

I wouldn't expect a huge game against the Browns D from him, but then again Joe Haden can only cover 1 WR at a time.

EDUB316

Liked Posts:
100% correct. He's the better player and the "franchise" qb right? So Cutler defenders THEMSELVES hold him to that standard, so should everyone else. He SHOULD outperform McCown's numbers easily....

BEARS

He should and will do better than how mccown did vs the only good defense he has played this year.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is the wrong decision, again by our new coach. Here is why. Cleveland has one of the best pass defenses in the NFL. No way Cutler or McCown are going to light them up. What will happen is after the game people will complain about how we didn't score 45 points, or some other stat win or lose. It would have been best to start McCown this week, if he struggles bring Cutler in at the half or next week.

Benching the NFC offensive player of the week after he led your team to points with every single possession on MNF is a lose/lose situation. That being said I still think Cutler gives us the best chance to win against elite defensive competition so I applaud the move. However I will no doubt be in the minority, win or lose, come Sunday night.

Rise...Some people will complain if he throws 9 TD's and the Bears win by 50..Its just the way some are

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:

BEARS

I wouldn't expect Josh to play better this week than he did last week. This Borwns defense is about the best defense we have played this year. It's not Dallas for sure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

BEARS

This offense is hitting stride and adding a more talented player is not going to dirupt that.

If Marshall has been out for 6 weeks and Earl Bennett had torn it up I would still want Marshall back because if Bennett can tear it up imagine what Marshall can do in the same situation.

There will be some rust, but I expect Cutler will have a really good game.

AustinIllini

Lifetime of futility
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Dallas Stars
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rise...Some people will complain if he throws 9 TD's and the Bears win by 50..Its just the way some are

75% of Bears fans want McCown. 80% of those want McCown because they dislike Cutler more than anything. 75% of Bears fans are wrong. They'll all be disappointed when the Bears don't have a QB in 2014