J.Graham could get cut.......

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn’t mean they have to sign anyone else to replicate those 8 TDs. I think Kmet, Cohen, Mooney would easily be able to make up those TDs from Graham.
Yeah right.

Graham has proven even at an old age he can put points on the board. Fields is going to need him.

Also Kmet couldn't fill the hole at TE last year...mabe he will this year and then we can move on from Graham.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah right.

Graham has proven even at an old age he can put points on the board. Fields is going to need him.

Also Kmet couldn't fill the hole at TE last year...mabe he will this year and then we can move on from Graham.
Realistically Kmet should push Graham for playing time......this is the jump we should all hope to see at the TE position

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Graham is not worth keeping at his price point. If he were to take a pay cut, then sure. Beside his TDs, he was basically useless out there. Kmet might not put up as many TDs but I’m sure he could surpass Graham with yards. I’m also sure you can make up Graham’s TD production between a couple other players.
His 9 TD's (playoff game included) made his salary worth it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Of course there will be. I never said there wouldn’t be…..
I never said you did, i was just asking a question cause by reading your posts it seemed like you were saying nobody could find tape of him not running lazy routes between the 20's.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And in other news, I am about to start dating the latest and greatest super model living here in Brazil.
Ummmmmmm........................................CCS

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Yeah right.

I agree, he is still a threat in the red zone but not worth the salary he is being paid now. Kmet never really got a chance last year.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They drafted Kmet pretty high, I say start him. Let Graham go.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Realistically Kmet should push Graham for playing time......this is the jump we should all hope to see at the TE position
He played more snaps than Graham as the year went on and played more snaps than Graham the last 4-5 games of the year.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
This would have made no sense to cut graham. Glad this got sorted out.

Money or no, Graham plays a different type of tight end position then Kmet does. And he was productive in that role over the season.

I'm sure there are some who want to justify hating the move originally and so they're doubling down on stupid asinine thing didn't other things fabricated in their own minds.

Still, there are indeed limitations with Graham and I'm sure the coaching staff is well aware of that. He was still very good in getting past the bringing the ball down to move the chains.

And people forget he was brought in because the Bears had it no one else on the roster who could fill that role. If they cut him, they go back to that. Whatever your gripes with graham are, the tight ends behind him are way worse.

In short, it makes no sense to cut him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plays such as this, where Graham stops his route because he doesn’t want to take contact and in turn offers up a freebie INT to the defense, are not going to help a rookie QB...

EvenCreepyCaracal-size_restricted.gif

I really hate this guys game.

Last edited:

Canth

Liked Posts:
Plays such as this, where Graham stops his route because he doesn’t want to take contact and in turn offers up a freebie INT to the defense, are not going to help a rookie QB...

EvenCreepyCaracal-size_restricted.gif

Is that a route issue or a throw issue? It looks like the throw is behind him. And in that direction, ARob was probably the better option anyway, if you can throw with touch. I mean, if Graham goes deeper in the route, doesn't that mess up the ARob route? Or am I missing something here?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is that a route issue or a throw issue? It looks like the throw is behind him. And in that direction, ARob was probably the better option anyway, if you can throw with touch. I mean, if Graham goes deeper in the route, doesn't that mess up the ARob route? Or am I missing something here?

The ball was thrown in front of him. It only seems like it was behind Graham because he inexplicably stops his route to avoid the hit. Whether it was the wrong read is not the issue here. Graham has to make an attempt on this ball to, if nothing else, keep it out of the hands of the defender. He hung his QB out to dry.

EdibleUnknownAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

bufordht

Liked Posts:
The ball was thrown in front of him. It only seems like it was behind Graham because he inexplicably stops his route to avoid the hit. Whether it was the wrong read is not the issue here. Graham has to make an attempt on this ball to, if nothing else, keep it out of the hands of the defender. He hung his QB out to dry.

Look left Mitchell, look left ?

Visionman

Liked Posts:

What do you mean he stops his route? He slowed to be in the space in front of that closing defender. And hanging his QB out to dry? It was an incompletion. If Graham had decided to lay out for that pass...we wouldnt have to have a discussion about cutting him or not, because his career would have probably been over at that moment...

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What do you mean he stops his route? He slowed to be in the space in front of that closing defender. And hanging his QB out to dry? It was an incompletion. If Graham had decided to lay out for that pass...we wouldnt have to have a discussion about cutting him or not, because his career would have probably been over at that moment...

The outside CB read the play almost immediately and broke away from Robinson early. If he had stayed with Robinson as intended, he would have been behind Graham as the ball was thrown.

Based on Robinsons route on the play, Graham would have assumed that a defender was in the end zone. In that situation, even if you are gonna get drilled, you can’t just let a ball fall uncontested into the middle of the end zone.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Kmet or Arob were the better choices on that snap yet Trubisky picked the least ideal route. That’s why he never took the next step as a starting NFL QB and will be relegated to back up duty unless he goes Henry Burris in the CFL.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Holy fuck Arob is wide open as was Kmet. Mitch locking onto JG brought 3 defenders into that area lol