J.Graham could get cut.......

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Plays such as this, where Graham stops his route because he doesn’t want to take contact and in turn offers up a freebie INT to the defense, are not going to help a rookie QB...

EvenCreepyCaracal-size_restricted.gif

I really hate this guys game.
I am a bit of a Trubisky fan, but that throw was no where near Graham...what route was he stopping...the ball was not in his reach

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I am a bit of a Trubisky fan, but that throw was no where near Graham...what route was he stopping...the ball was not in his reach
That's what i was gonna say that it looks like the ball is overthrown a bit.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah - I looked at it from a couple of different angles, trying to see what Adi was talking about, and I just don't see it.

Both don't have a great angle, but what Adi doesn't understand is that not all routes are full go, top speed. There are tempo changes in routes to throw DBs off kilter, and other routes where a receiver gets to a spot, sits, and then starts up again.

This didn't look like a miscommunication of the route - as a matter of fact, if ball placement was better, Graham had the opportunity to have a reception underneath, even with 2 defenders behind him. The ball almost seems like it sailed high and to the left of the spot where it needed to go. And if the route was where Adi was saying it should have been, that would have actually given the defender behind and to the left of Graham an even better shot at an INT given the pass sailed.

As it is, it looks like an errant throw. And Graham's body language suggests he thought so as well...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Well if anyone can find the right angle on any play to tell us if the ball was on target or overthrown or badly thrown it's our guy Adi the All-22 king....:snoop"

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah - I looked at it from a couple of different angles, trying to see what Adi was talking about, and I just don't see it.

Both don't have a great angle, but what Adi doesn't understand is that not all routes are full go, top speed. There are tempo changes in routes to throw DBs off kilter, and other routes where a receiver gets to a spot, sits, and then starts up again.

This didn't look like a miscommunication of the route - as a matter of fact, if ball placement was better, Graham had the opportunity to have a reception underneath, even with 2 defenders behind him. The ball almost seems like it sailed high and to the left of the spot where it needed to go. And if the route was where Adi was saying it should have been, that would have actually given the defender behind and to the left of Graham an even better shot at an INT given the pass sailed.

As it is, it looks like an errant throw. And Graham's body language suggests he thought so as well...
Regardless of Graham’s route it was an absolutely terrible read from Trubs. His eyes lead the D to converge on Graham and he forced it in there because he has no field awareness. That should’ve been a pitch and catch to Kmet for a walk in TD. That play is a microcosm of Trubs career here.

Plays like this are why I still have the slightest sliver of hope for Nagy’s offense, even though Lazor called that game it’s still Nagy’s playbook. The plays are there to be made. Maybe with a decent QB Nagy can find a rhythm once plays like that are executed correctly.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Regardless of Graham’s route it was an absolutely terrible read from Trubs. His eyes lead the D to converge on Graham and he forced it in there because he has no field awareness. That should’ve been a pitch and catch to Kmet for a walk in TD. That play is a microcosm of Trubs career here.

Plays like this are why I still have the slightest sliver of hope for Nagy’s offense, even though Lazor called that game it’s still Nagy’s playbook. The plays are there to be made. Maybe with a decent QB Nagy can find a rhythm once plays like that are executed correctly.
Yeah a QB that can read a defense and see the whole field could make Nagy look like he knows what he's doing again.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it hard to argue that the Bears don't value Graham....

They cut Fuller rather than Graham......that says something considering their CB position isn't exactly brimming with talent right now.
Don't think they cut Fuller first cause they thought Graham was a better player. Cutting him just freed up twice the cap space that cutting Graham would have at a time they were desperate to sign another crap FA QB.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't think they cut Fuller first cause they thought Graham was a better player. Cutting him just freed up twice the cap space that cutting Graham would have at a time they were desperate to sign another crap FA QB.
Bears had already signed Dalton when they cut Fuller...they could have restructured Fuller and cut Graham to free up as much room

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We would need to find another option at TE and the list isn’t great.

Jesse James
Richard Rodgers
Tyler Eifert

But if you told me we could turn that Graham money into a full time starter or contributor at a more valuable position I would have to listen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
We would need to find another option at TE and the list isn’t great.

Jesse James
Richard Rodgers
Tyler Eifert

But if you told me we could turn that Graham money into a full time starter or contributor at a more valuable position I would have to listen.
Trey Burton

Liked Posts:
Graham is not worth keeping at his price point. If he were to take a pay cut, then sure. Beside his TDs, he was basically useless out there. Kmet might not put up as many TDs but I’m sure he could surpass Graham with yards. I’m also sure you can make up Graham’s TD production between a couple other players.
The larger problem is Graham isnt that good. He tied for 4th in TDs but the reality is Kmet likely can catch those same TDs Graham caught. He is practically worthless between the 20s.

Using Graham in Red Zone hurts your run game and probably telegraphs pass. At least with Kmet he can both block and catch red zone targets.
Maybe it was just me but I thought that starting around the second half of the season that I saw Kmet wide open down the field.

Alot of the time it seemed like the offensive line was giving the QB plenty of time, Kmet would be open, but the ball found its way to a fixated target caught in tight coverage.

For as much flack as the Oline caught last season, and in need of clear upgrades, I still dont think they were nearly as bad as advertised.

I still believe the biggest problems were a HC who refused to adjust and a couple QBs who couldnt adjust.

Getting Fields to me almost feels like having a brand new BITCHIN' 2021 Camero dropped into your lap, better yet driveway & theyre going full throttle with the mthrfkr along with Mooney and Kmet.

Things are gonna change & change for the better(I think)...

msadows

Liked Posts:
Two things can be true.

1. Trubs is garbage.

2. Graham is soft as hell and grossly overrated by Bears fans.

I have a feeling the high majority of bears fans know what we have in jimmy graham.

He's just a guy. Replaceable, but not at this point of the offseason.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
Maybe it was just me but I thought that starting around the second half of the season that I saw Kmet wide open down the field.

Alot of the time it seemed like the offensive line was giving the QB plenty of time, Kmet would be open, but the ball found its way to a fixated target caught in tight coverage.

For as much flack as the Oline caught last season, and in need of clear upgrades, I still dont think they were nearly as bad as advertised.

I still believe the biggest problems were a HC who refused to adjust and a couple QBs who couldnt adjust.

Getting Fields to me almost feels like having a brand new BITCHIN' 2021 Camero dropped into your lap, better yet driveway & theyre going full throttle with the mthrfkr along with Mooney and Kmet.

Things are gonna change & change for the better(I think)...
I agree. For the limited playing time Kmet received I saw him get open on a number of occasions and with different routes. Like you mentioned, we didn’t have the QBs capable of finding him when he was open. Instead of forcing it downfield, hit the wide open TE for a 5-6 yard gain

msadows

Liked Posts:
I'd rather he stay for this year but it'd be nice if he took a pay cut.

Honestly, I made a big thread about cutting jimmy but I don't see the point now.

The roster is mostly set, unless some stupid gets cut at CB/RT that could help the roster a lot more than Jimmy G I think its pointless.

Gotta give fields as many vets to learn from on offense as possible. Outside of the two ancient dinosaurs we have at backup QB there isn't many savvy vets on this offensive side of the ball. Mostly young dudes.

I just don't want fields throwing an INT because dumbass antmill ran the wrong route. Least with jimmy G you know that probably won't happen.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eh I would rather roll the 7m over to next year when it can be used to actually help build a contender. Graham is not the difference between playoffs or not this year. He also isnt the difference between Fields being a stud or not.