Javon Wims incident.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Looks like the kid lost his cool and made a stupid move i dont see cancilling him and his career as the answer im sure he will get suspended and learn from it

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No but those aren't guys you cut because of it. If you think all players are treated equally, you're naïve. Bums dont get the benefit of the doubt.

I said their best since 06. Body of work. He was widely considered a top guard in the NFL multiple years. And i dont recall him saying he should have been cut years ago.

Im not sure why people are so against cutting a guy that does very little for your team. Are we still caught up in the Wims hype, like we are every single WR they draft?

How will he redeem himself? By catching the 1 pass he gets every 3 weeks? He's a complete non-factor. Cut him and tell them you're not fucking around. The first step was replacing Tedd Ginn, Wims is next. Hold people accountable. It may seem really meatbally but i dont care. That was bush league last night. Better players can get away with it. You dont let the bums sink your drives.
Well don’t talk about cutting him “sending a message” and “holding people accountable” if the message you’re sending is do whatever the fuck you want as long as you’re a good player. I’ve no problem with Wims getting cut for that bullshit last night but people need to get off their fucking high horses with their reasoning

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Well don’t talk about cutting him “sending a message” and “holding people accountable” if the message you’re sending is do whatever the fuck you want as long as you’re a good player. I’ve no problem with Wims getting cut for that bullshit last night but people need to get off their fucking high horses with their reasoning
Did you get fired for doing something you werent supposed to? You seem angry about the idea of firing a worthless player.

Its just the way of the word. People who are easily replaceable dont get the benefit of the doubt. If Mack punched someone, i would expect the coach to suspend him, not let him off scott free. If a player who adds nothing to your team does it, he's gone. Sounds unfair but thats life. Wims are easily replaceable. Macks arent.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did you get fired for doing something you werent supposed to? You seem angry about the idea of firing a worthless player.

Its just the way of the word. People who are easily replaceable dont get the benefit of the doubt. If Mack punched someone, i would expect the coach to suspend him, not let him off scott free. If a player who adds nothing to your team does it, he's gone. Sounds unfair but thats life. Wims are easily replaceable. Macks arent.
Did you even read the post you quoted?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:

“Treat everyone fairly but not equally”

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:

Though i think it was just a dumb moment for a kid who lost his cool

I once got fired for punching a guy who pissed me off at the jobsite and realize that kinda behavior is a fireable offence
And wont be shocked or upset if he is after all you gotta man up and accept responsibility for your mistakes and violence in the work place is a definate no no

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone sticks a finger in my face mask I’m biting that mfer lol.. seriously.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
“Treat everyone fairly but not equally”
Works for me.

Though i think it was just a dumb moment for a kid who lost his cool
It was. Not trying to make it out as anything more than that. Just some shit you cant do if you're not that dude. This isn't Andre Johnson pummeling Cortland Finnigan. Its Javon Wims. Biggest impact he's made on the field since week 1.
It read like that’s exactly what you did
That's your problem.

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Works for me.

It was. Not trying to make it out as anything more than that. Just some shit you cant do if you're not that dude. This isn't Andre Johnson pummeling Cortland Finnigan. Its Javon Wims. Biggest impact he's made on the field since week 1.

That's your problem.

To be clear I wasn’t disagreeing with you just sharing that quote

greg23

Liked Posts:
His 2 minute drill was lethargic. Dont throw short to the middle of the field. Be quicker to the line. Don't take a sack.

You mean 14 plays to go 40 something yards in 1:50 to try a 50+ game trying fg wasn't zippity3 quick?

Love the timeout before halftime to hopelfuy get that pre half extra possession !

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Wims is a moron. He should have immediately went to the red and said he can’t play the play bc dipshit ripped his off and threw it somewhere.

I would cut him

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
No but those aren't guys you cut because of it. If you think all players are treated equally, you're naïve. Bums dont get the benefit of the doubt.

I said their best since 06. Body of work. He was widely considered a top guard in the NFL multiple years. And i dont recall him saying he should have been cut years ago.

Im not sure why people are so against cutting a guy that does very little for your team. Are we still caught up in the Wims hype, like we are every single WR they draft?

How will he redeem himself? By catching the 1 pass he gets every 3 weeks? He's a complete non-factor. Cut him and tell them you're not fucking around. The first step was replacing Tedd Ginn, Wims is next. Hold people accountable. It may seem really meatbally but i dont care. That was bush league last night. Better players can get away with it. You dont let the bums sink your drives.

If you wish to cut Wims for poor performance and you need the roster spot, I'm fine with that.

I would not cut him for the incident against the Saints, however, provided it is a standalone incident.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I feel that,” Long said, according to NBC Sports. “I've seen the writing on the wall, the Bears did it right, they gave me every opportunity to get healthy. Any other team in the league would have cut me years ago, I'm talking years ago.The Bears did me right, and I wanted to do right by them.

https://247sports.com/Article/Kyle-Long-will-not-play-for-Chicago-Bears-if-he-returns-to-NFL-Oregon-Ducks-football-148203589/#:~:text=I%20feel%20that%2C%E2%80%9D%20Long%20said,to%20do%20right%20by%20them.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I feel that,” Long said, according to NBC Sports. “I've seen the writing on the wall, the Bears did it right, they gave me every opportunity to get healthy. Any other team in the league would have cut me years ago, I'm talking years ago.The Bears did me right, and I wanted to do right by them.

https://247sports.com/Article/Kyle-Long-will-not-play-for-Chicago-Bears-if-he-returns-to-NFL-Oregon-Ducks-football-148203589/#:~:text=I%20feel%20that%2C%E2%80%9D%20Long%20said,to%20do%20right%20by%20them.
Quality gibberish by Kyle Long just trying to look professional. Regardless, he's still the best lineman they've had since that SB team. I don't think thats disputable.

pablovi

Liked Posts:
Nope, neither did Wims. Hicks does however fit your previously stated framework for being cut....

“Yeah, that kind of behavior should not be tolerated in football. It’s selfish and detrimental to the team, that’s a reason for cutting Hi, it’s on their contract.”
Wims assaulted an opposing player for no reason. He literally hit him in the head twice. All because he ripped his mouthpiece.

What did Hicks do?