Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well the Bears must cut Wims for his stupid decision that was detrimental to the team so Hicks will be cut too right? The most penalised player in the league with multiple stupid personal fouls that are detrimental to the entire team, there was one against the Rams on monday
While I think a cut is way overemphasized, it wasn't about foul count. I think many here got caught up in his display when he lost it and want retribution. Point is that he lost it and became irrational. That one instance may be enough for him to realize what happened and prevent it in the future. He'll be held accountable but you don't cut a guy without a history for his 1st strike unless there is more to it. Nobody got damaged he didn't pull a helmet off etc. He was provoked to take a cheap shot and fell for it. He may have realized it and got even more pissed in the process. Who knows but punching helmets is not a major crime in the NFL.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While I think a cut is way overemphasized, it wasn't about foul count. I think many here got caught up in his display when he lost it and want retribution. Point is that he lost it and became irrational. That one instance may be enough for him to realize what happened and prevent it in the future. He'll be held accountable but you don't cut a guy without a history for his 1st strike unless there is more to it. Nobody got damaged he didn't pull a helmet off etc. He was provoked to take a cheap shot and fell for it. He may have realized it and got even more pissed in the process. Who knows but punching helmets is not a major crime in the NFL.
I agree with you, just playing devil’s advocate! Standing up for your teammates against some snide bullshit like that wins you friends in any changing room I’ve been in, the way he went about it was ridiculous though!! As was Hicks jumping on the pile against the Rams. I just think it’s a bit dangerous taking the moral high ground about poor decisions when one of the best players on the team is an idiot in that regard

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
The next time he makes a stupid fucking decision that penalises his team mates won’t be though will it?!

Jesus H Christ. Yeah so let's trade a core defensive player, arguably one of the best in the league at the position, because he plays physical lol? The list to fix this team.. that doesn't even register. The defense is fine and can overcome penalties, the offense cannot.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3 game suspension is my bet. I wouldn’t cut him but he would be on a really short leash. Throwing a punch is automatic ejection. Even if he was a bitch about it. I have no idea why the moron celebrated after they threw the flags and before they announced the penalty.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jesus H Christ. Yeah so let's trade a core defensive player, arguably one of the best in the league at the position, because he plays physical lol? The list to fix this team.. that doesn't even register. The defense is fine and can overcome penalties, the offense cannot.
That’s not the point though is it, I’m seeing plenty of folk here taking the moral high ground on this. That narrative seems to change when it’s one of the best players on the team. My point is overreacting to players making stupid decisions in games is a dangerous precedent

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
That’s not the point though is it, I’m seeing plenty of folk here taking the moral high ground on this. That narrative seems to change when it’s one of the best players on the team. My point is overreacting to players making stupid decisions in games is a dangerous precedent
Punching a player and getting a roughing the passer penalty (which, let's be honest, are pretty pussified these days) are two completely different things. Hicks will not get suspended for roughing the passer, because he's not a selfish asshole. Wims is.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Punching a player and getting a roughing the passer penalty (which, let's be honest, are pretty pussified these days) are two completely different things. Hicks will not get suspended for roughing the passer, because he's not a selfish asshole. Wims is.
I have no issue with bullshit roughing the passer calls. It’s the stupid shit like jumping on the pile against the Rams that make me shake my head. Half the distance for that shite does make him a selfish asshole

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least Wims had passion and wasn't going to put up with BS. We need more aggression and spunk from our WRs.

Bears imploded from a bad OL and defense failing to make a stop at the end of the half. This play didn't help, but neither did Nick Foles help make the throws to stop the onslaught.

Damn, you make a hell of a lot of koolaid excuses for stupid Bears players

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The first thing I thought of was the Cohen incident last year. Gardner-Johnson had no problem picking on the smallest guy in the NFL.

I wouldn't doubt that Miller started it since he runs his mouth so much. He didn't want to do anything once Gardner-Johnson touched him

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Spitting on him does change things a bit, that would explain why he was so mad.

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:
Spitting on him does change things a bit, that would explain why he was so mad.

Spitting on him with all the Covid protocol going on would be huge . Its gonna be interesting to see what the actual punishment is and I think that will go a long way towards telling us if the league believed Wims story .

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Spitting on him with all the Covid protocol going on would be huge . Its gonna be interesting to see what the actual punishment is and I think that will go a long way towards telling us if the league believed Wims story .
Yep - that changes my mind now knowing that. He still went a little far but that would piss the hell out of me too.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So wims gets spat on, mouth piece ripped out and his teammate gets a finger in the eye. The refs don't do shit about it, Nagy is too busty trying to figure out how to lose yards and Foles is trying to remember why he is a starter but yall want Wims cut? Lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All I know is Wims didnt want no smoke from Janoris Jenkins. That dude man handled him to the ground.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So wims gets spat on, mouth piece ripped out and his teammate gets a finger in the eye. The refs don't do shit about it, Nagy is too busty trying to figure out how to lose yards and Foles is trying to remember why he is a starter but yall want Wims cut? Lol
LOL his mouth piece was hanging not in his mouth. No one but him is saying he got spit on. The refs called every poke then half the players would get penalized. That happens constantly in piles. Wims was an idiot to do what he did. Plain and Simple.