Javon Wims incident.

msadows

Liked Posts:
There's more to this than I initially thought. I saw the attempted eye poke on Miller, but I didn't see Wims' mouthpiece get ripped off until later. Wims is signed thru next year. I don't think the Bears will cut him, but he should be benched a few games (I'm sure a suspension is coming anyway.) And Wims is 26 years old now - he's not 22. A veteran should know better than to get baited into a scuffle like that.

The morning after, I don't think Wims deserves more than his league suspension and to be in the dog house for a little bit like Miller was last year. Maybe give Ridley are real chance. I'm not really big on "making examples" outta guys unless it's a constant problem.

I don't think he's getting cut either.

Seems like his teammates defended him for it. It was a stupid play, no doubt, but it's not like its going to cause a locker room disruption.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understand why Wims did it, but he still shouldn't have.. There are ways to address the fouls committed by the Saints player that don't include getting tossed from the game and throwing your entire offense into a funk.

This goes back to coaching discipline..Something Nagy lacks

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can the Bears at least try and trade Akiem Hicks before they cut him?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Um it holds people accountable and sends a message that that type of childishness won't be tolerated.
On a 1st offense? It would show a lack of understanding and could lose others on the team. There's plenty of accountability available without releasing him.

Wims is asked to and does play the position in a physical manner. It's part of why he's out there and this is the 1st real incident. He lost it bad but it's 1st for him and he likely learns from it with a loss of play and pay. That's enough unless he continues those actions. Will be interesting because you know that the next time he gets on the field, the DBs will goad him.

msadows

Liked Posts:
On a 1st offense? It would show a lack of understanding and could lose others on the team. There's plenty of accountability available without releasing him.

Wims is asked to and does play the position in a physical manner. It's part of why he's out there and this is the 1st real incident. He lost it bad but it's 1st for him and he likely learns from it with a loss of play and pay. That's enough unless he continues those actions. Will be interesting because you know that the next time he gets on the field, the DBs will goad him.

This.

He's also the only WR on this team that knows how to block. They can't afford to cut him. Suspend him? Sure. Thats how you send a message.

Cutting him could just piss off players in that WR circle. Miller and Arob are already chirping and unsettled.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Um it holds people accountable and sends a message that that type of childishness won't be tolerated.
Lol no it doesn't. Only people need to be held accountable is the coaching staff

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This!! I’ve read lots in this thread about cutting Wims immediately as the penalty and his actions were detrimental to the team and sending a message of accountability! Is this because he is a fringe player or would the same punishment be deemed necessary for any member of the roster?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Wims is on the field for over a quarter of the offensive plays and he's got 5 catches on the year. He just pictured Nagy's face under that Saints helmet and let those paws fly.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I don't think he's getting cut either.

Seems like his teammates defended him for it. It was a stupid play, no doubt, but it's not like its going to cause a locker room disruption.
He is going to be suspended by the NFL, probably for at least a couple of games. Nagy has to send a message to the team by cutting him. He will look weak if he doesn't.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is going to be suspended by the NFL, probably for at least a couple of games. Nagy has to send a message to the team by cutting him. He will look weak if he doesn't.
It would be a pretty hypocritical message

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
not. It's a great way to lose a struggling team. Wims is friends with those guys and was standing up for them. he was wrong in his actions but it was ONE TIME and it's not like he intentionally injured someone during a play. I've seen that happen with less ridicule and demand for consequence.

msadows

Liked Posts:

not. It's a great way to lose a struggling team. Wims is friends with those guys and was standing up for them. he was wrong in his actions but it was ONE TIME and it's not like he intentionally injured someone during a play. I've seen that happen with less ridicule and demand for consequence.

Read the above post.

Not really sure what you accomplish by cutting him other than pissing off AntMill/Arob who are already pissed.

Wims is far from the reason we lost the game. How about Foles doesn't throw an idiotic backpeddling floater INT the following play after that slap.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL What?
Well the Bears must cut Wims for his stupid decision that was detrimental to the team so Hicks will be cut too right? The most penalised player in the league with multiple stupid personal fouls that are detrimental to the entire team, there was one against the Rams on monday

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well the Bears must cut Wims for his stupid decision that was detrimental to the team so Hicks will be cut too right? The most penalised player in the league with multiple stupid personal fouls that are detrimental to the entire team, there was one against the Rams on monday
The next time Hicks sucker punches a defensive back will be the first time. Are you high?

RubberBanMan

I’m just a fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javon Wims- WR/Amateur Boxer; Chicago Bears; 2018

If you go to his highschool’s wiki page under notable alumni this is what it says for Wims lmao

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The next time Hicks sucker punches a defensive back will be the first time. Are you high?
The next time he makes a stupid fucking decision that penalises his team mates won’t be though will it?!