Javon Wims incident.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL his mouth piece was hanging not in his mouth. No one but him is saying he got spit on. The refs called every poke then half the players would get penalized. That happens constantly in piles. Wims was an idiot to do what he did. Plain and Simple.
So because it was hanging that gives him the right to snatch it? Maybe the refs should focus on players who have a habit of doing stupid shit like that?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Lol no it doesn't. Only people need to be held accountable is the coaching staff
It shows that he's not only a 3rd rate receiver that was probably one of the last guys to make the roster, but he's also an idiot. If you've played organized football, you are taught not to retaliate against dumb shit because the person that retaliates always gets the flag. He was also too pussy to retaliate right away, he had to sucker punch him.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It shows that he's not only a 3rd rate receiver that was probably one of the last guys to make the roster, but he's also an idiot. If you've played organized football, you are taught not to retaliate against dumb shit because the person that retaliates always gets the flag. He was also too pussy to retaliate right away, he had to sucker punch him.

He wasn't even on the field to retaliate right away. There is a post about that

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
There is no reason to defend this. Not that I don't get where it's coming from - as I've done stupid shit similar to this - but every single time it is regrettable. If it costs your team - it has no place. We're not talking about a hard foul in basketball or intentionally hitting a batter in baseball. That penalty in football is extremely detrimental to a team and especially one with an offense as inept as ours, especially in a close game with a conference opponent that is also in playoff contention.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Refs should have called the first penalty. But they only call penalties on other teams once they throw a whole bunch at the Bears first.
With that, the refs calling an incomplete pass to Montgomery. Even the broadcast team be like wtf are these refs doing. Face it, the nfl hates the bears. Just watch games to know that. Most always a call goes against the bears. Obvious calls challenged and lost repeatedly and that call I just stated. They think we’re morons

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Hicks punched someone on the face, for no reason?
Nope, neither did Wims. Hicks does however fit your previously stated framework for being cut....

“Yeah, that kind of behavior should not be tolerated in football. It’s selfish and detrimental to the team, that’s a reason for cutting Hi, it’s on their contract.”

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
On a side note, how much damage does Wims think he's going to inflict on punching a guy in the face when the guy is wearing a helmet?

Seems the risk of breaking bones in your hand is far more likely....

Just....dumb.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long tried to kill a fellow TEAMMATE with a helmet and didn't get cut. You need to be consistent dolling out consequences. Was it dumb, yes it was, but I have a feeling Wims probably built up some equity with his teammates for sticking up for them and himself.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Kyle Long tried to kill a fellow TEAMMATE with a helmet and didn't get cut. You need to be consistent dolling out consequences. Was it dumb, yes it was, but I have a feeling Wims probably built up some equity with his teammates for sticking up for them and himself.
Kind of an apples or oranges comparison. One was in a game that was detrimental to a drive. The other was in house. Also, Kyle Long was the Bears best OL since 06. Javon Wims is at best the Bears 4th best WR now and sometimes i forget hes even on the team. Theres little invested in him. He can go.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kind of an apples or oranges comparison. One was in a game that was detrimental to a drive. The other was in house. Also, Kyle Long was the Bears best OL since 06. Javon Wims is at best the Bears 4th best WR now and sometimes i forget hes even on the team. Theres little invested in him. He can go.
With that rationale what benefit is there in cutting him?

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
Make him an example that sucker punching an opponent during a game is unacceptable.

You can do that without cutting him.

I would make it clear to him (and the team) he is on thin ice, and then give him an opportunity to redeem himself.

First things first - We'll see what the NFL has in mind for his punishment. We'll know soon.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You're right - the Kyle Long incident was worse. And no way Kyle Long was our best OL that year (2019) when it happened. Even he admitted that the Bears should have cut him years ago.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Make him an example that sucker punching an opponent during a game is unacceptable.
I’m talking about your justification of Kyle Long because he was a good player, so Khalil Mack is ok to sucker punch someone?

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Javon Wims has 35 yards receiving, 25 yards penalties

Something about fire and passion here.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’m talking about your justification of Kyle Long because he was a good player, so Khalil Mack is ok to sucker punch someone?
No but those aren't guys you cut because of it. If you think all players are treated equally, you're naïve. Bums dont get the benefit of the doubt.

You're right - the Kyle Long incident was worse. And no way Kyle Long was our best OL that year (2019) when it happened. Even he admitted that the Bears should have cut him years ago.
I said their best since 06. Body of work. He was widely considered a top guard in the NFL multiple years. And i dont recall him saying he should have been cut years ago.

You can do that without cutting him.

I would make it clear to him (and the team) he is on thin ice, and then give him an opportunity to redeem himself.

First things first - We'll see what the NFL has in mind for his punishment. We'll know soon.
Im not sure why people are so against cutting a guy that does very little for your team. Are we still caught up in the Wims hype, like we are every single WR they draft?

How will he redeem himself? By catching the 1 pass he gets every 3 weeks? He's a complete non-factor. Cut him and tell them you're not fucking around. The first step was replacing Tedd Ginn, Wims is next. Hold people accountable. It may seem really meatbally but i dont care. That was bush league last night. Better players can get away with it. You dont let the bums sink your drives.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Did Trevathan get any team discipline after he Burficted Davante Adams?