Jay Cutler is not a monster

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't think it's the topic on general that bothers him, but the fact that every thread gets turned into the same thing. It is actually only a few posters that do it too.

Bingo. I have no problem talking Cutler but not every damn topic needs to be about him. I mean the topic can be "Cutler gives away a 1 million to charity" and one of the usual suspects will slither in with a negative comment and we now have a 10 pager. To be honest I sure some osters here would rather be right about Cutler than give a shit about the Bears that is why they are so eager to jump nto the threads and repeat the same shit they've said already

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You okay PiB? Shit good IRL?

To be fair, the other side of the argument has its persistent posters also. Thought you would have got used to this a few months after the CBMB decided to start a QB Forum.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
61FI25qCPwL._SX355_.jpg

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Stockholm syndrome duh. Every once in a while this forum isn't just pure bitching and Cutler talk. That's when I enjoy it most. Like I said it wouldn't be dominated by Cutler talk if it weren't for the same posters

Cutler's the QB...he's gonna be talked about. Until his play improves on a consistent basis, that will take up quite a bit of bandwidth.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cutler's the QB...he's gonna be talked about. Until his play improves on a consistent basis, that will take up quite a bit of bandwidth.

Keep up with the conversation please. I've already shown that just because the QB is the most important piece doesn't mean he is talked about to death on other teams forums, better QB or not. It's a problem here because of certain posters, period.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You okay PiB? Shit good IRL?

To be fair, the other side of the argument has its persistent posters also. Thought you would have got used to this a few months after the CBMB decided to start a QB Forum.

Agreed. but it's obvious one side is more of a problem than the other. Maybe if Cutler does well this season the tables will turn but it will still be annoying

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Keep up with the conversation please. I've already shown that just because the QB is the most important piece doesn't mean he is talked about to death on other teams forums, better QB or not. It's a problem here because of certain posters, period.

gp disproved that though.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
gp disproved that though.

By providing different forums that weren't the official one (except two)? Like I said to him, I give him credit for at least trying but it really didn't disprove anything

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
By providing different forums that weren't the official one (except two)? Like I said to him, I give him credit for at least trying but it really didn't disprove anything

So the CCS is the official forum?

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
From the title of this thread and the OP, I'm not sure what was expected here?

Should the thread have been deleted?

I'm surprised it wasn't moved. But then again, I may not be.

Thriving traffic, and at least a full page is PiB posts.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
From the title of this thread and the OP, I'm not sure what was expected here?

Should the thread have been deleted?

I'm surprised it wasn't moved. But then again, I may not be.

Thriving traffic, and at least a full page is PiB posts.

I'm not surprised and I don't get the traffic is thriving joke

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
CBMB was and pretty much all the posters from there came here, so yes.

But it holds no official ties to the Bears...so I don't see the beef with gphat's links.

He's a good poster

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
and one of the usual suspects will slither in with a negative comment and we now have a 10 pager.

Maybe Rush should only allow "positive" comments to be posted that way you can stop whining about seeing opinions about Cutler you don't like... What a fun site that would be lol.

What's funny to me is you guys whine about "10 pagers" but can easily stop it from happening by simply ignoring the "negative" comments.

But no.

Instead you guys get all defensive and feel like you have to white knight for Cutler every time someone "attacks" him with a mean internet comment... and then whine more that the threads never die completely oblivious to the fact that it takes two to tango and your all just as guilty of throwing gas on the fire keeping these arguments endlessly burning.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
I don't think it's the topic on general that bothers him, but the fact that every thread gets turned into the same thing. It is actually only a few posters that do it too.

Stockholm syndrome duh. Every once in a while this forum isn't just pure bitching and Cutler talk. That's when I enjoy it most. Like I said it wouldn't be dominated by Cutler talk if it weren't for the same posters

And like I have said before there really isn't much to talk about right now...no ground breaking news, camp hasn't started, nothing of real substance...So either deal with the fact there isn't really anything to talk about, provide a thread that gives the ccs something else to talk about, or wait until camp and some real news starts. If camp rolls around and the board is overrun by Cutler threads than the complaint is valid.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Dude, you have wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on your hands to find this kinda stuff.

Says the guy who lives with his mommy and works the beer cart at a golf course

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You know I thought the same thing but that isn't the case. I went to several other official sport teams threads and looked to see how much they talk about their QB

Here is the Cowboys thread http://cowboyszone.com/forums/fan-zone.59/ (2 threads about Romo on the first page)

Here is the Jets official thread http://boards.buffalobills.com/forumdisplay.php?40-General-Buffalo-Bills-Discussion& (one thread about Geno)

Falcons http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

Browns http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showforum=2

Raiders https://raiderforums.com/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=e3cd81aed297f2b1bb95f763faa1f5f0

Lions http://www.detroitlions.com/fan-zon...e21Forum:d50410b4-78ad-40d3-a6aa-8fdda828193f

49ers http://forums.49ers.com/

Go through the first five pages, click on some threads to see if it becomes a QB war. It doesn't. Hell some of them don't even have an official thread for their QB like we do (which is useless now Scoot). It seems we talk more about our QB more than other teams and it aint because Cutler is the worst QB in the game.

Not really a great example of the point you are trying to make.
Unless you are actually a registered member of all of those boards, you have no way of knowing if they have a QB sub forum. When I am not logged in here, I cannot even see that there is a Cutler sub forum- All I see is the "around the league" tab above the bears forum and it says I do not have permission to view it.
On that point alone, I don't think the comparison between boards is even a relevant topic of discussion. Short of signing up for every NFL board, you have no way of knowing if what you say is true.

Secondly, as of the moment I type this, there is only a single cutler thread on the front page.

Additionally, our team has a guy going on year 10 that has underperformed the entire time he has been here, and there is a weirdly loyal cutler fan base that spends an amazing amount of effort placing all the blame elsewhere.

For comparison, you throw out the cowboys who have one of the leagues all time most accurate passers, and 4 time pro bowler.
The falcons, who have a 3 time pro bowler.
The Browns, who have a cast of yahoos that all suck and the fans are well aware of that.
The bills, who have a guy that sucks by consensus.
The Jets, who have a guy that pretty well sucks but maybe does not suck as bad as the guy he replaced.
The raiders, a team that has a pretty strong looking rookie going in to year 2.

Had you looked at the jets board mid-sanchez tenure, the boards would be flooded with sanchez threads.
Had you viewed the Broncos board mid-plummer tenure, same thing.
Chargers mid Brees tenure, I can tell you from experience, was the same thing.
Titans mid McNair tenure, same thing.
9ers mid Smith tenure,same thing.

Looking around the entire league, Stafford is the one single guy that is even close to Cutler in futility over the long term... and he at least has a pro bowl last year and a 5000 yard, 41 td season in recent memory...

So what are we left with?
A message board filled with arguments about a guy that hasnt done a damn thing except cause a coaching carousel with his repeated struggles that is starting his 7th year in a couple months. Show me another team in a similar situation, and I promise you the boards will be filled with the same thing we see here.

As for the other teams- the ENTIRE nfl has either found a solid answer at the position, had a solid answer at the position, or made a change at the position to replace an unworking part over Cutlers tenure here.
We just get to sit on the sidelines without any effort at progress. Of course that is going to be a huge topic.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;HZ64FsALsdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ64FsALsdw[/video]

This video shows Greg Olsen (who many here still love) telling us all how Jay was such a great teammate and his preparation was second to none. He defends him over loud mouth Stephen A. Smith.