Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Blah blah blah blah

Except at the time you were telling me that the Bears O-line was great at run blocking, hahahahahahahaha
Goff will be just fine you dumbass, typical Vet that didn't play in the pre-season, shaking the rust off.
I guess you didn't bother to check Goff's rating his last game?
Let's not mention that the Lions haven't played two shit teams, while the Bears have.
And no, they are still not even close, dumbass. 79.2> 65.3

last game?
114 > 80.8

But but but, from a clean pocket, but but but.....oh blow it out your ass and throw the damn ball and stop cherry picking.
The simple truth is, you are seldom right, yet carryon for pages on your stupid takes (cough cough Keenan Allen cough cough).

Umm no. The year in question the Lions OL was better and you said it was but still was stupid enough to ignore that fact when judging Monty vs Swift.

Lol at you making excuses for a 30 year old QB while ignoring Caleb is a rookie. Caleb's PFF passing grade is 48.6 and 67 when kept clean. Goff's is 49.3 and 55.9. So my bad. Caleb is almost 12 points better when kept clean. That is embarrassing that a 30 year old vet is struggling in clean pockets. Meanwhile it is perfectly normal for a rookie like Caleb to struggle when pressured.

Fuck outta here talking about rust. Dude sitting back there chilling in a clean pocket and throwing fucking ducks.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have no idea why Poles got rid of Monty. Is he flashy, no, but he was always a solid back for the Bears..
Because he had a negative epa while actually running the ball here. He was great at pass blocking and pass receiving but his advanced rushing stats while here were below average.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Because he had a negative epa while actually running the ball here. He was great at pass blocking and pass receiving but his advanced rushing stats while here were below average.
And he got better when he came to the Lions,
Thanks for proving my point.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Umm no. The year in question the Lions OL was better and you said it was but still was stupid enough to ignore that fact when judging Monty vs Swift.

Lol at you making excuses for a 30 year old QB while ignoring Caleb is a rookie. Caleb's PFF passing grade is 48.6 and 67 when kept clean. Goff's is 49.3 and 55.9. So my bad. Caleb is almost 12 points better when kept clean. That is embarrassing that a 30 year old vet is struggling in clean pockets. Meanwhile it is perfectly normal for a rookie like Caleb to struggle when pressured.

Fuck outta here talking about rust. Dude sitting back there chilling in a clean pocket and throwing fucking ducks.
Bears where in the market for a QB at the beginning of the year.
Lions where not.
Bears could have had Daniels or Darnold,
Instead they got Williams.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no idea why Poles got rid of Monty. Is he flashy, no, but he was always a solid back for the Bears..

I have no problems getting rid of Monty. But to turn around and waste money on a worse RB is the bad move.

Should have just drafted another late

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bears where in the market for a QB at the beginning of the year.
Lions where not.
Bears could have had Daniels or Darnold,
Instead they got Williams.

Not sure what this has to do with Darnold outplaying Goff and Williams being better in a clean pocket that Goff.

Also, the Vikings believed in Darnold so much they spent a top pick on McCarthy.

Liked Posts:
Also, the Vikings believed in Darnold so much they spent a top pick on McCarthy.
Yeah, I think it was blessing in disguise for the Vikings that things played out the way they did. I think Pace had more belief in Glennon than the Vikings had in Darnold. It just happened to work out.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I have no problems getting rid of Monty. But to turn around and waste money on a worse RB is the bad move.

I think the biggest issue with getting rid of Monty is you could have had him at a friendly deal while drafting a soon to be replacement. But yeah no idea why they wanted Swift

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Gotta love all these hot takes on Darnold, that after 3 games he’s somehow become an all-pro guaranteed. Lol

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

This. The only real reason to get rid of Monty was to not have to pay a RB... yet that's exactly what they did lol

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
This. The only real reason to get rid of Monty was to not have to pay a RB... yet that's exactly what they did lol

Poles drafting has been more consistent than his FA signings. Some signings good, some backfired for sure. That's a place he and his team could definitely get better at. I'm assuming Swift will manage to do marginally better but not worth his contract by any means. We already had a solid RB room. Wasted cap space.

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
I think the biggest issue with getting rid of Monty is you could have had him at a friendly deal while drafting a soon to be replacement. But yeah no idea why they wanted Swift

Eh... do you guys remember the Bears actually offered slightly higher than the Lions offer. Monty was here during some bad years and wanted to get out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is incorrect to say they replaced Monty with Swift. They replaced Monty with Foreman as Money left in 2023. Foreman averaged 3.9 YPC compared to Monty's 4.0 his last year with Bears so not really a huge difference.

They replaced Foreman with Swift presumably because they wanted more speed and pass catching. Didnt like the signing at the time and it looks terrible so far.