Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh don't I know that! only you count I get it, you're the greatest talent evaluator on the planet, right? hahhahahhahaahahaha you jacked up punks are hilarious. You are too wrapped up in Bear love to see the big picture. You blame the Oline because CW gets sacked. If you were actually an honest evaluator, you'd see that the NFL rates most sacks on the QB. But have a nice day. Remember, only your opinion matters.
Some of the sacks Caleb has taken are on him. Some of them are clearly on the oline. You don't have to be a football expert to come to the conclusion that when an olinemen gets ragdolled like a child into the backfield and a rusher has a free shot at the QB, that the play is pretty fucked. Whether it results in a sack, a throwaway, a turnover, whatever.

It's foolish to always blame the QB, and it's foolish to always blame the oline.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why? What would that accomplish? I think history has shown its more successful to slowly develop a young QB, not just throw him into the fire. And I think that has kind of been the Bears franchise problem over the years at the QB position....they draft athletes who aren't all that refined, and then they just send them out onto the field. Not saying that the Bears are unique, a lot of NFL teams just start their rookie QBs from Day 1, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
I’d rather have the league adjust to our QB than to have our QB to adjust to the league

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems obvious to me that Eberflus has given the keys to Waldron to run the offense. I would think that this is what most of you would want. I also recall most pretty happy with Waldron when he was hired. My guess is Eberflus should and probably will have a meeting with Waldron and make changes.
No logical takes are allowed here, but overdramatic pearl clutching is par for this course.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Some of the sacks Caleb has taken are on him. Some of them are clearly on the oline. You don't have to be a football expert to come to the conclusion that when an olinemen gets ragdolled like a child into the backfield and a rusher has a free shot at the QB, that the play is pretty fucked. Whether it results in a sack, a throwaway, a turnover, whatever.

It's foolish to always blame the QB, and it's foolish to always blame the oline.
well if you bothered to read my post I said most, not every. It must suck to be so condescending your entire life.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
or fail right? are you stating that as fact?

Viable - having a reasonable chance of succeeding

The statement does not presume success is a fact or a given. It simple presumes a reasonable chance of success.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
People love throwing these hot takes out there just in case it’s right, then they can say ‘told you so I’m so clever’. Nobody knows who is going to be better between Williams and Daniels yet because its so early and there are so many other factors at play. For what it’s worth I think both will be very good.

Nothing I’ve seen makes me any less happy we took Caleb, he’s dealt with a frantic and difficult start with poise and maturity and shown improvement each week.

I just wish he had better coaching, and that makes me temper my expectations for him this season rather than anything he’s done himself. I just hope that Waldron has the balls to accept his failures in the first 3 weeks and changes what he is doing or he will be out after one year and Caleb will have two OCs in his first two years.

Last edited:

AktionJackson

Liked Posts:
I just wish he had better coaching, and that makes me temper my expectations for him this season rather than anything he’s done himself. I just hope that Waldron has the balls to accept his failures in the first 3 weeks and changes what he is doing or he will be out after one year and Caleb will have two OCs in his first two years.
If Waldron fails, then Fluss needs to go too. The silver lining? Johnson and Slowik are probably available.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
If Waldron fails, then Fluss needs to go too. The silver lining? Johnson and Slowik are probably available.
Absolutely no doubt - Flus should have gone last time. I don’t know what the rationale was behind retaining him - just because we won a few games at the end of the season? I still think he’s a good DC but not a HC.

It was the ideal point to hire a Ben Johnson type offensive mind as our HC to work with Not half ass the changes again.

Last edited:

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
People love throwing these hot takes out there just in case it’s right, then they can say ‘told you so I’m so clever’. Nobody knows who is going to be better between Williams and Daniels yet because its so early and there are so many other factors at play. For what it’s worth I think both will be very good.

Nothing I’ve seen makes me any less happy we took Caleb, he’s dealt with a frantic and difficult start with poise and maturity and shown improvement each week.

No, we like to say "#CALLEDIT"

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Absolutely no doubt - Flus should have gone last time. I don’t know what the rationale was behind retaining him - just because we won a few games at the end of the season? I still think he’s a good DC but not a HC.

It was the ideal point to hire a Ben Johnson type offensive mind as our HC. Not half ass the changes again.
Flus is a nice guy and likely a major suck up to Poles and George. His likability would have played a factor, hopefully it won’t this year if they flop. Even if they turn it and end up decent he doesn’t look like a guy you would win a Super Bowl with, the mistakes he makes with clock management and time outs alone are too stupid and in his third season are not getting better, they might be getting worse. Basic stuff he fails at