CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Despite the proclamations that this season is over, there are still 14 games to go.

There is nobody on the Bears - roster or staff - that anyone can be absolutely certain they are goners.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems obvious to me that Eberflus has given the keys to Waldron to run the offense. I would think that this is what most of you would want. I also recall most pretty happy with Waldron when he was hired. My guess is Eberflus should and probably will have a meeting with Waldron and make changes.

jc456

Liked Posts:
Anyone making declarations after 3 games is a moron

And I've seen you doing it for the past 2 days
Declarations like CW is doing well like you? 1 and 2. I give two shits how many games into the season, he's 1 and 2. And a SB QB sees it like me. So fk off jr. your lost.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Declarations like CW is doing well like you? 1 and 2. I give two shits how many games into the season, he's 1 and 2. And a SB QB sees it like me. So fk off jr. your lost.

And no one really cares. You and your opinion are insignificant. Cry about it loser

jc456

Liked Posts:
People are very stupid. People are also very impatient. Freaking out about a rookie in his 3rd game is hilarious. Also, comparing him to Jayden Daniels is really stupid. How much high level football experience does Bo Nix and Jayden Daniels have compared to Caleb Williams? 5 seasons of college football vs. 3 seasons of college football makes a huge difference.
We've been through more than one of these in the history of the Bears, so you're far off base. He still can't read the Defense, he should have come out of his program with that talent. JF never had it, still doesn't, he's won three games due to Pittsburgh's Defense, not Fields. Hilarious.

jc456

Liked Posts:
And no one really cares. You and your opinion are insignificant. Cry about it loser
Oh don't I know that! only you count I get it, you're the greatest talent evaluator on the planet, right? hahhahahhahaahahaha you jacked up punks are hilarious. You are too wrapped up in Bear love to see the big picture. You blame the Oline because CW gets sacked. If you were actually an honest evaluator, you'd see that the NFL rates most sacks on the QB. But have a nice day. Remember, only your opinion matters.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh don't I know that! only you count I get it, you're the greatest talent evaluator on the planet, right? hahhahahhahaahahaha you jacked up punks are hilarious. You are too wrapped up in Bear love to see the big picture. You blame the Oline because CW gets sacked. If you were actually an honest evaluator, you'd see that the NFL rates most sacks on the QB. But have a nice day. Remember, only your opinion matters.

I didnt do any of that but point out you're an idiot.

Carry on being an idiot

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From what I gather, it sounds like JD is being asked to do a lot less than Caleb is.

It seems the Bears have put everything on Caleb's plate, and they are having him battle through it and grow, which he appears to be doing.

Maybe putting less on CW's plate and slowly adding to it is a better process, or maybe giving it all to him at once and letting him make mistakes and learn is better. I don't know, but we'll see how it unfolds.

What I would expect if these above things are true, is that JD could initially avoid some of the mistakes and the growing pains that CW is facing. Like you said, I would also expect that the NFL will adjust to JD, which we've seen many times with mobile QBs.

What I most certainly would not do is reach any conclusions or panic on a rookie QB class after 3 games (not saying you are of course, but obviously some are).

Think both are viable and fit the QB. JD is more a runner so one read or run makes sense for him and you sprinkle in some more complex reads as he gains more experience.

Caleb doesnt run as much so probably better to throw everything at him so he can level up passing wise faster.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Peyton
You must be a moron then, you've declared him good.
Peyton Manning had 2 TD’s and 8 INT’s after his first 3 games, you would have been calling him a bust and asking for Jim Harbaugh back as their QB. Give it time FFS

jc456

Liked Posts:
Peyton

Peyton Manning had 2 TD’s and 8 INT’s after his first 3 games, you would have been calling him a bust and asking for Jim Harbaugh back as their QB. Give it time FFS
See, look at you declaring, you are declaring he's gonna be Peyton Manning now. Wow! no holding back for you!!!!

jc456

Liked Posts:
Think both are viable and fit the QB. JD is more a runner so one read or run makes sense for him and you sprinkle in some more complex reads as he gains more experience.

Caleb doesnt run as much so probably better to throw everything at him so he can level up passing wise faster.
or fail right? are you stating that as fact?

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Peyton

You are right about Peyton Manning. However, the rule changes and refs' calls during games have alleviated difficulties for NFL offenses, especially QB's.

oso4lyf

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Walrus has no clue what he's doing.

Liked Posts:
I’d rather the kitchen sink be thrown at CW right out of gate than giving him baby steps
Why? What would that accomplish? I think history has shown its more successful to slowly develop a young QB, not just throw him into the fire. And I think that has kind of been the Bears franchise problem over the years at the QB position....they draft athletes who aren't all that refined, and then they just send them out onto the field. Not saying that the Bears are unique, a lot of NFL teams just start their rookie QBs from Day 1, but it still doesn't make sense to me.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
I get thats what you want

But the Bears don't fire coaches mid-season even if that was the direction they decide to take after the season

I want the Bears to have a good head coach - ideally Eberflus would be that but not sure if you're paying attention but he's pretty clearly in over his head.

Moses Moreno

RB1 - VELUS JONES JR
Liked Posts:
Why? What would that accomplish? I think history has shown its more successful to slowly develop a young QB, not just throw him into the fire. And I think that has kind of been the Bears franchise problem over the years at the QB position....they draft athletes who aren't all that refined, and then they just send them out onto the field. Not saying that the Bears are unique, a lot of NFL teams just start their rookie QBs from Day 1, but it still doesn't make sense to me.
Geno Smith
Baker Mayfield
Sam Darnold
Justin Fields

Jordan Love
Aaron Rodgers

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We've been through more than one of these in the history of the Bears, so you're far off base. He still can't read the Defense, he should have come out of his program with that talent. JF never had it, still doesn't, he's won three games due to Pittsburgh's Defense, not Fields. Hilarious.
Okay, so now we're going with Caleb Williams can't read a defense?