Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think they will blame Poles and Flus for failing him miserably if he doesn't work out. I also think if he ends up on another team, he will be a starter and then a Star in the league. This Organization can't get out of its own way. I've always said, the only way the Bears will have a successful QB will be if he is a great QB in spite of his coaching staff... and certainly not because of them.

Yeah see my response to @DefNextYear as I agree. They will blame him for the coaches he hired to develop him not for the pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He's had tons of time tonight. As i mentioned in the other thread about this game he can be really good if he gets better with his reads. Also has to stay healthy, his play style and body type aren't a great combo.
He looks exactly like RGIII to me. One read and run…

Good deep ball and can run RPOs…

He has a small frame and will eventually pay for it because he’s averse to sliding.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Daniels was amazing so hopefully no one takes this the wrong way...

His first read was almost always open... and WIDE FUCKING open. There were a few times they were not open and he abandoned the pocket and then found a guy wide open.

The deep ball TD when he was gonna get smashed was an awesome throw. You can't take that away from him.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I think they will blame Poles and Flus for failing him miserably if he doesn't work out. I also think if he ends up on another team, he will be a starter and then a Star in the league. This Organization can't get out of its own way. I've always said, the only way the Bears will have a successful QB will be if he is a great QB in spite of his coaching staff... and certainly not because of them.

The longer we go, the more I kind of believe the people who said Mahomes would've sucked in Chicago.

If Williams busts, everyone's fired. End of story.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I just had a guy tell me that Dan Orlovsky, Louis Reddick, and Jeff Saturday all think Daniels is better, so he is.

Hahahaha he named 3 guys that work for ESPN. You can't make this shit up. People are so fucking stupid. 🤣

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Put Daniels in our system with this offensive line and these coaches and let’s see how he does. He would be getting his ass handed to him, just like Williams is and just how Fields was. There is a reason this franchise has not had a great quarterback ever, and the reason is not that we have never had talent.

Maybe, but that's a hypothetical. And Washington isn't exactly stacked with talent, which is why they were in position to draft Daniels with the 2nd overall pick.

Only time will tell in the long run who will have the better career. For right now, however, it's fair to say Daniels is ahead of Caleb, for whatever reason. He just is.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I remember when RGIII was special.

I remember Kingsbury being the “it” guy at Arizona.

I remember when Chip Kelly’s college bullshit offense worked in the NFL until it didn’t.

Daniels may turn out to be a good NFL QB. If anyone on here is suggesting he’s an elite processor, you’re clueless.

He took some big hits running the ball last night. He has a nice deep ball. He can hit a RPO. Did you see any NFL layered throws?
Maybe I missed them.

He seems like a good guy. I hope he’s successful. There’s not a chance I would take him over Caleb Williams.

I guess Daniels is better than Joe Burrow too. He just beat him. Isn’t that how this works?

Nads786

Liked Posts:
The more social media invades sports the faster the "hot takes" are generated which is mostly noise. Daniels deep ball in the face of pressure was an amazing throw, and he played well given what was asked of him.

A few points on why he won't be the guy long term:

1. Takes way too many hits / running QB. We've seen this with Mitch and Fields. They look amazing when they play in this offense, but eventually it gets figured out or the player gets injured or an elite D shuts down this style of play. There seems to be only one way to be a successful long term QB - play in the pocket.

2. Playing in the pocket without fear of running legs - He's creating open windows because players are in conflict - will he run or pass?

3. He's not being asked to do much but rely on his first read and then run the ball. This is what made Mitch really successful with Nagy after they reworked the offense to suit his skill set. This ultimately failed for the same reasons in point #1.

4. His body just isn't going to be able to play the style of running that makes him be a good player. I see an RG3 or JF situation with him. He will ultimately get injured.

Nads786

Liked Posts:
Maybe, but that's a hypothetical. And Washington isn't exactly stacked with talent, which is why they were in position to draft Daniels with the 2nd overall pick.

Only time will tell in the long run who will have the better career. For right now, however, it's fair to say Daniels is ahead of Caleb, for whatever reason. He just is.
Daniels would be successful anywhere because of the run element he adds to the offense. It makes defenders pause and think.

1COBearsfan

We’re all mad here
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, that is a fair point. And no two situations are entirely the same.

That said, Daniels to this point is obviously more comfortable in his system that Caleb is in his. You could also make an argument that perhaps the lightbulb came on for Bo Nix this weekend.

What this means for the long term is yet to be seen. It is worth noting, however.
And this is a level-headed response, thank you.

The rest of you screeching uncontrollably can eat a bag of dicks

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Just interesting how lopsided the throw chart is.

Edit: not sure why I can't link it properly to show the entire post.
Kingsbury has him playing very simple football. His legs and risk-averse throwing allow him to be effective largely as a one read quarterback right now. Very few of his passes are beyond 15 yards of the LOS. There's a lot of screens, quick hitches, and slants designed in their playbook. All high percentage passes. And if his first read isn't open, he either dumps it off to his RB or takes off and runs for positive yardage nearly every time. The deep shots are sprinkled in here and there. I really like the approach they are taking with him.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Daniels would be successful anywhere because of the run element he adds to the offense. It makes defenders pause and think.

I believe the future of the NFL is mobile quarterbacks, and that the era of guys like Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, etc. Is becoming a thing of the past. There will be exceptions of course, there always are, but I believe they will be few and far in-between.

That said, not every quarterback who can run is going to be great. Jayden Daniels, to me, has the look of a guy who can be special in this league.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He definitely looks better with a shittier team around him.

Has similar offensive line talent in front of him but has a better offensive coordinator and offensive line coach.

This is completely exposing Morgan as a failure of an offensive line coach.

As for Waldron, To me this is the week that decides.

Because he installed a new offense that everyone had to learn including a rookie quarterback so I was expecting there to be a lot of sloppiness early. Not a fan of the substitutions and the repetitive plays either.

But late in the colts game, they had what I believe were back-to-back drives to go down the field when they needed it. The completely changed gears, started running rochon Johnson more and running him more up the middle, started getting Kmet involved over the middle, and to me, That's the first sign of life of a true offensive identity.

Waldron saw it happen once and went back to the same thing and had success again. It was just too little too late for that game.

So what I want to see is will Waldron start with that this upcoming game? If he takes what worked against the colts and uses that to build out the offense, then I know we have a guy who at least is capable of growing into the role.

Of course if he decides to be like Matt Nagy and Luke Getsy, and run away from success so he can prove his "geniusness", GG, It's a wrap folks.

At that point you just got to kill time till the end of the season and hope they don't break Caleb Williams in the process. Because the entire coaching staff will be out the door (no, I don't think they will fire anyone in season).

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
Daniels was amazing so hopefully no one takes this the wrong way...

His first read was almost always open... and WIDE FUCKING open. There were a few times they were not open and he abandoned the pocket and then found a guy wide open.

The deep ball TD when he was gonna get smashed was an awesome throw. You can't take that away from him.

Those are all valid points.

I would point out that Wahington has not punted since week one.

That's pretty amazing.