Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

Neckbeard

Liked Posts:
"11th best" is a subjective term....CW wasn't exactly a model of efficiency against a mediocre Colt defense. Malik Willis had 0 turnovers and 2 incompletions against the Colts the previous week and a 126 rating while CW had 3 turnovers and an 80 rating. I don't really care that CW had more passing yards in a 2024 game than Paddy Driscoll in a 1920 game. It's irrelevant to CW's actual performance.

Despite all his passing yards, the Bears scored 16 points and lost a game to a Colts team that didn't play particularly well. Yes, CW had more yards in one half than he did in entire games....that will happen when you have sub-100 yard games.
Colts run D is really bad, but their pass D was mid-teens prior to the Bears game. But hand it to the Bears to go the tougher route of having to throw it vs a team with bad run D. How much of that passing D stat was because teams ran at will? No idea. The season will play out and we'll get to see a better picture, but I wouldn't call their pass D as trash. Seemed capable at least.

abegibronreborn

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Iowa Hawkeyes
After 3 games of their rookie seasons…

Yes, that is a fair point. And no two situations are entirely the same.

That said, Daniels to this point is obviously more comfortable in his system that Caleb is in his. You could also make an argument that perhaps the lightbulb came on for Bo Nix this weekend.

What this means for the long term is yet to be seen. It is worth noting, however.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"11th best" is a subjective term....CW wasn't exactly a model of efficiency against a mediocre Colt defense. Malik Willis had 0 turnovers and 2 incompletions against the Colts the previous week and a 126 rating while CW had 3 turnovers and an 80 rating. I don't really care that CW had more passing yards in a 2024 game than Paddy Driscoll in a 1920 game. It's irrelevant to CW's actual performance.

Despite all his passing yards, the Bears scored 16 points and lost a game to a Colts team that didn't play particularly well. Yes, CW had more yards in one half than he did in entire games....that will happen when you have sub-100 yard games.
“Siri, explain how a dominant running game helps a QB?”

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Looks like that…but he could be their next RG3 too as well. I guess we will know in 2026.
I wasn't talking about u when I made a comment on another thread about fans bringing up RG3.

He could be that but he sure seems like he's got a lot of poise and composure out there. We'll see if he can stay healthy with those hits he takes.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Colts run D is really bad, but their pass D was mid-teens prior to the Bears game. But hand it to the Bears to go the tougher route of having to throw it vs a team with bad run D. How much of that passing D stat was because teams ran at will? No idea. The season will play out and we'll get to see a better picture, but I wouldn't call their pass D as trash. Seemed capable at least.
And that’s a bad run D that was missing their best DL—Buckner. Jenkins, Shelton, Davis(or his backup) are all freaking trash. I don’t get how PFF had Jenkins rated as the 7th best OG.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wasn't talking about u when I made a comment on another thread about fans bringing up RG3.

He could be that but he sure seems like he's got a lot of poise and composure out there. We'll see if he can stay healthy with those hits he takes.
Dude has looked like the real deal(Daniel’s).

In regards to CW, even with his turnovers last week, you can tell the game is already starting to slow down for CW.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take CW. I think he's got the highest ceiling.

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
Put Daniels in our system with this offensive line and these coaches and let’s see how he does. He would be getting his ass handed to him, just like Williams is and just how Fields was. There is a reason this franchise has not had a great quarterback ever, and the reason is not that we have never had talent.

Szlachcic

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Georgia Bulldogs
And that’s a bad run D that was missing their best DL—Buckner. Jenkins, Shelton, Davis(or his backup) are all freaking trash. I don’t get how PFF had Jenkins rated as the 7th best OG.
You need to consider the people Jenkins is playing next to, in this line. Is hard to stop two people consistently.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Guy already has his offense with 21 points in one half....CW take note
Please pull up the old 2024 draft threads and you'll see the nobody but me thought J.Daniels had a chance to be good in the NFL.

200.webp

Liked Posts:
Great game for Jayden but as more tape shows up we'll see how he adjusts. He threw almost exclusively to the right side of the field last night. You know DCs will analyze everything and adjust to him. We'll see what happens.
This is an interesting comment. He had a few big completions to his left, but I agree that JD tends to drift to his right quite a bit. They had a lot of designed PA rollouts (dennehy?) to the right side all game as well. One thing that I noticed is how often the Redskins/Commanders used no huddle....I guess the Bears offense is too complicated to do such a thing, but the amount of time CW spends in the huddle doesn't allow him or the offense to get into any rhythm.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Great game for Jayden but as more tape shows up we'll see how he adjusts. He threw almost exclusively to the right side of the field last night. You know DCs will analyze everything and adjust to him. We'll see what happens.

My biggest concern with JD is his frame. He does look thin. How long will he last before an injury? At some point he's going to be hit hard.

Yeah JD frame was a concern for me as well. One of the reasons I was kinda hoping for a trade back "mini" haul and grab Maye was because he had the typical NFL size vs CW and JD

Time will tell if we made the correct pic.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the people who are saying this are probably of the mindset that we could've traded with Washington and picked up assets and taken Daniels.
Imagine if they did that and then CW was excelling in Washington's tailored offense and Daniels was struggling in our dysfunctional offense. This place would be a dumpster fire.
There's only 1 thing that will shut people up. Winning. So get ready for a lot of crying this year.

The Packer's games will be exceptionally painful to watch this year. Along with listening to their fans.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine if they did that and then CW was excelling in Washington's tailored offense and Daniels was struggling in our dysfunctional offense. This place would be a dumpster fire.
There's only 1 thing that will shut people up. Winning. So get ready for a lot of crying this year.

The Packer's games will be exceptionally painful to watch this year. Along with listening to their fans.
Yea, I'm not saying I'm in that boat... but I see a lot of the chatter.

But even if that is the case that would simply prove that even the Coammnders had Williams as No 1. So as I said there was no realistic other option at 1.
No, you're right. Caleb was always number 1. What I'm saying is that someone who believes Daniels is better can easily say we shouldn't take him at one, but move down a slot and take him there. So that's why they'll be compared. I'm not saying I wanted them to do that or the Bears even considered it (seems like they didn't consider it), but the fans will live that scenario forever unless Caleb proves to be better, fair/realistic or not.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The reality is if Caleb doesnt work out no one that matters will blame Poles for drafting him because virtually every NFL team would have done the same.

If he picked Daniels and Daniels didnt work out then Poles would 100% be fired for passing on Williams if he was great.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Dude has looked like the real deal(Daniel’s).

In regards to CW, even with his turnovers last week, you can tell the game is already starting to slow down for CW.
To be fair, Daniels looks like he's running a much easier system but he does look VG doing so.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, you're right. Caleb was always number 1. What I'm saying is that someone who believes Daniels is better can easily say we shouldn't take him at one, but move down a slot and take him there. So that's why they'll be compared. I'm not saying I wanted them to do that or the Bears even considered it (seems like they didn't consider it), but the fans will live that scenario forever unless Caleb proves to be better, fair/realistic or not.

Yes but I am saying that someone likely never existed in NFL offices so it is a moot point. Unless there were some serious NFL people clamoring for Daniels at 1 no one except hindsight fans will blame him for the obvious choice. Now they may blame him if they feel Caleb's lack of developmemt is the result of thebcoaches he assembled but not for the pick itself.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reality is if Caleb doesnt work out no one that matters will blame Poles for drafting him because virtually every NFL team would have done the same.

If he picked Daniels and Daniels didnt work out then Poles would 100% be fired for passing on Williams if he was great.

I think they will blame Poles and Flus for failing him miserably if he doesn't work out. I also think if he ends up on another team, he will be a starter and then a Star in the league. This Organization can't get out of its own way. I've always said, the only way the Bears will have a successful QB will be if he is a great QB in spite of his coaching staff... and certainly not because of them.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Just a reminder, for some of you braindead apes. Jayden Daniels and Bo Nix played 5 seasons of college football. Caleb Williams has played 3. Do you think that matters?

Here's a hint: It does.