Jayden Daniels > Caleb Williams

Toast88

Liked Posts:
People preaching patience are logically correct.

But damn, man. Just once, I’d like for the Bears to be *that team*.

Just once, I’d like for the Bears’ QB to be *that guy*.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Imagine a forum where CW gets praised for passing yards....and JD gets criticized for winning a 38-33 game against a legit QB and completing 90%+ of his passes. This place is nuts.

Does Jacoby Brisset get the same praise for beating this legit QB?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They don't ask him to do too much. Specifically with reads. He's still a one read and run QB. Still doesn't throw the ball on the run

And the Bengals are just bad. They lost to the Pats too
Way are you dummies getting this one read with Daniels? The whole concept of why he shot up draft boards was because of his read progression in college. His last year at LSU he went through his reads tremendously. Sure, he is not Patty Mahomes back there, but he isn't a one read guy.

Porkchop

Liked Posts:
19th overall in pass protection as of week 2, compared to 30th for the Bears.
Yeah, you can't honestly watch both teams play and come to the conclusion that both are equally terrible.

The Commie's line is average/below average, and played above average tonight.

The Bears line is among the worst in the league. I don't know how many times we need to see Coleman Shelton get ragdolled and the interior OL getting obliterated before we finally get that through our heads.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I don't know who needs to hear this but you are not required to be a fan of any team. If you like Daniels go be a fan of DC.

Also as someone taught us the bookmark thing here works so don't expect that you will be allowed back on the bandwagon once Williams does get it all figured out. You're making your declaration based on 3 games of a rookie. You will live with it.
5 years down the road when/if we're winning a Super Bowl and you're trying to be happy people are going to be flooding the front page with your posts bitching about him.

So you may as well go be a fan of those other teams and QBs because you are ruling yourself out of being a fan of this team and QB instead of calming you fucking impatient asses down and waiting to see how it plays out.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
I've been impressed with him every game I've seen. Tonight's game is one game but he sure looks like he's going to be a good one to me.

If it's obvious this year or next that he's better than Williams, it will be another dagger to the heart of this organization. A painful one.

Seems like some on here just wanted him to be bad and couldn't actually see that he's calm under pressure and can lead drives, score points and win games.

Dstone5553

Liked Posts:
Imagine a forum where CW gets praised for passing yards....and JD gets criticized for winning a 38-33 game against a legit QB and completing 90%+ of his passes. This place is nuts.
Lots of Bears fans who desperately want to believe Daniels is a bust.

I wanted him to be one too but I also have eyes and he looks to me like he could be special.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Way are you dummies getting this one read with Daniels? The whole concept of why he shot up draft boards was because of his read progression in college. His last year at LSU he went through his reads tremendously. Sure, he is not Patty Mahomes back there, but he isn't a one read guy.

Because of his scramble rate that was up there with Malik Willis while turning down open throws. He's already done it a bit in the pros.

He shot up boards because of his accuracy and dual threat ability.

He had a good game, but the Commanders and Kingsbury do a good job of making it pretty simple for him.

Still would like to see how he responds when a good defense takes that away and actually make him stay in the pocket

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
just now getting done watching WAS @ CIN for the 2nd time...
I doubt we'll see anything like that from the bears this season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I think i saw a stat earlier that said Williams had clean pockets on 43 drop backs :kanye:
Where’s all the people that claimed Trevor Lawrence was great and worthy of a mega contract??

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Does it really matter? It’s never been and never will be in our hands. The only thing we can control is the tv remote.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Jayden Daniels had a great game. No doubt about it. Great win for the commanskins. Bears hopefully watched the game with an open mind trying to figure out how in the world they improved their historically worst OL into something respectable.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Jayden Daniels had a great game. No doubt about it. Great win for the commanskins. Bears hopefully watched the game with an open mind trying to figure out how in the world they improved their historically worst OL into something respectable.
Well they need to use the pass to setup the run. But the trick will be to get the defense’s to not have 11 players within 10ths of the LOS. CW is going to have to hit a couple of intermediate to deep throws early to make them respect his arm. I don’t know what happened in the last game but after that 2nd pic, a light came on. He started hitting all areas of the field and they really couldn’t stop him. Eberflus’s comically bad handling of timeouts in 2nd half pretty much screwed any chance they had to comeback. I honestly believe if CW got the ball back to end the game, the Bears win and he easily goes over 400yds. Even though some here keep repeating this lie—“he did it against a prevent defense”—he most assuredly didn’t. Waldron has done a terrible job of not using misdirection and trick plays— his supposed trick was “running the option out of the pistol formation on 4th & goal.”

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Lots of Bears fans who desperately want to believe Daniels is a bust.

I wanted him to be one too but I also have eyes and he looks to me like he could be special.
Looks like that…but he could be their next RG3 too as well. I guess we will know in 2026.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Only this fucking franchise's fans can look at Caleb Williams putting up the 11th-best passing game by a bears QB in team history (that's 104 years, mind you), as a rookie in his 3rd career game starting, and look at another guy and want him instead because he looked great against (nobody is denying) a team that wouldn't or couldn't make his life or his night difficult.

BuT hE ThReW iT fIfTy TwO tImEs --yes, I can already hear the excuses now. But newsflash, to those incapable of critical thinking--when you can't run the ball effectively because your run game coordinator/OL coach wasn't a guy the OC wanted, he inherited, and they clearly aren't on the same page, you have to throw it 52 times.

BuT hE gOt It AlL iN gArBaGe TiMe--he threw for 213 yards in the 1st half, more than he threw in both games 1 and 2.

For once, I want the bears to get it right too. But some of y'all deserve the misery, and I can only imagine the same fans willingly go through life just as stupidly, unobjectively, brashly, and closed-minded as they do in this thread.

Or, this is simple--go away and just become commie fans. Let the rookie play, and for fucking once, stop worrying about WRs winning battles in the secondary and focus on the god damned OL.